What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

give korn the job

black and gold

Juniors
i think the reds should appoint andrew korn as the head coach from the start of next year when he finishes his committments with south perth. for those who know korney he has a wealth of coaching experience and a winning record second to none by winning premierships in coffs harbour, mt isa. bega and perth.he has that winning culture which the reds are so much in need of.he is a great communicater amonst his players and earns respect from them. he has a fantastic knowledge of the game and the way it should be played and uses a very structured game plan which is well capable of this level or even higher.he has also coached the state side and the australian affiliated sides. he is a great club man and takes on extra duties as ladies coach, junior coach, and orginises sonsorship and trips away for his clubs. korney knows most of the current reds players and has a great relationship with them all. it just makes sense to keep it local with a guy who will definatley do a great job. justin nixon will make a great assistant having work and played with korney before. nixon has a great knowledge of todays game and is a great communicator amonst his players. he has a knack for improving players performance by working with them one on one fixing up the little one percentages in their game. in closing i would hope the reds will look at this option and bring a winning culture to the club. i would like to see comments from my fellow forum readers on this subject

Perth Red

Post Whore
Don't know Korn so can't comment on his abilities beyond the success of Sth Perth. However there was suggestions that Dever favoured North Beach players last year and the same issue may arise re Sth Perth. Maybe a totally neutral coach from out of Perth may be the answer. Depends on available funds I guess.

Nicolas Hart

Juniors
Don't know Korn so can't comment on his abilities beyond the success of Sth Perth. However there was suggestions that Dever favoured North Beach players last year and the same issue may arise re Sth Perth. Maybe a totally neutral coach from out of Perth may be the answer. Depends on available funds I guess.

I tend to agree, in that a neutral coach may be a more worthwhile approach.

Certainly, there would be no objections to having "Korn" in the mix for interviews, and prospective short-listing; as you want the best available person for the job, and he may be that person - though - a completely neutral coach, with no past-relationships with current players circulating in the WARL will remove any perceived safety-net within the current team, and will ensure no bias in any selection decisions (which is evident in this thread).

Nuke

Staff member
I'd go along with that. Sure, allow him and anyone else who wants to apply to do so, but also encourage neutral coaches from interstate to apply. See who's the the best candidate, and finances allowing, offer that man the job.

WA Power

Juniors
While I agree with your comments about Korns he has a fair bit of history both good and bad with some people at the helm of the WARL / Reds and that may work against him. A totally neutral coach is the way forward, which is not going to be easy to find and attract to Perth. What ever happened to Grant Bell as he is on the payroll as a consultant to Dever after Grant turned the job down?

Appointing the right coach is vital to bring in new ideas and take the REDS to the next level. The coach also needs to be able to build relationships with local coaches and clubs to monitor and develop them. This is one area that is certainly lacking at present that is why a neutral coach may be a more worthwhile approach .

Smithtown

Coach
Probably time to wheel in someone who has good experience in this particular competition - irrespective of the good credentials of many local coaches.

Swamp

Juniors
i think the reds should appoint andrew korn as the head coach from the start of next year when he finishes his committments with south perth. for those who know korney he has a wealth of coaching experience and a winning record second to none by winning premierships in coffs harbour, mt isa. bega and perth.he has that winning culture which the reds are so much in need of.he is a great communicater amonst his players and earns respect from them. he has a fantastic knowledge of the game and the way it should be played and uses a very structured game plan which is well capable of this level or even higher.he has also coached the state side and the australian affiliated sides. he is a great club man and takes on extra duties as ladies coach, junior coach, and orginises sonsorship and trips away for his clubs. korney knows most of the current reds players and has a great relationship with them all. it just makes sense to keep it local with a guy who will definatley do a great job. justin nixon will make a great assistant having work and played with korney before. nixon has a great knowledge of todays game and is a great communicator amonst his players. he has a knack for improving players performance by working with them one on one fixing up the little one percentages in their game. in closing i would hope the reds will look at this option and bring a winning culture to the club. i would like to see comments from my fellow forum readers on this subject
Yeah, I would agree with that. I have known Korny for some time during his days @ Applecross. Worked hard @ training & on the field, he was a 40 tackles a game type of guy. I'm sure he brings that same elemnets to his coaching.

Swamp

joondalup_giant

Staff member
I've heard Andrew Korn is a great coach & his results in the past few years speak for themselves but im also of the opinion that a neutral coach with experience in this style of comp is the best way 2 go. Perhaps he'd make a good assistant coach?

snowball

Juniors
Lets give the new bloke a chance for a few weeks and see how he goes,he may well be the answer,please remember we have some good cattle unavailable at the minute,MORGAN,EGGLESTON,DOEG,FREEMAN,TAHU,SEARLE, do to injuries and other things,I hear a man who made his name as a no 7 may well be back there this week to guide the boys around

Menzies11

Juniors
Another BIG CALL!!!!
Yeah why not give it to "CORNIE" he's been very successful winning WARL grand finals with the biggest budget in the competition backing him!!!! Not taking anything away from the players, Mad if they didn't. This wouldn't be the first time he's followed Dever and has failed on more than one occassion!! The answer was right here... We had it!!!! but now i'm not sure the answer is here!!!!!!!!!!!! A sh*t Storm Awaits!!!!

Perth Red

Post Whore
just what I was thinking! The answer was here but not now? Jason Taylor, Freddie Fitler,? ha ha

Smithtown

Coach
The answer is over there. Hopefully if he comes here then the answer will be here, but until he comes here the answer is there.

joondalup_giant

Staff member
only menzies11 knows the question and obviously the answer! this thread is starting to look like something out of the matrix!!!!

Perth Red

Post Whore
42 is the answer, the question? Well that is what we have been asking since time began.

Menzies11

Juniors
I thought as much another couple of dumbies!!!!! That's expected that from a Lup lup!!! It actually makes perfect sense, THE COACH WASN'T THE PROBLEM!!!! Proof of this will be spelled out to everybody in the near future if it hasn't already......

Latest posts