What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glenn James Maxwell - THE BIG SHOW...

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Wrong or right, part of why Maxwell isn't getting a look in is in that article. Selectors don't like when players question why they were dropped or why they can't get in the team. You put your head down and bat or bowl and get results and hope you get selected.

Stoinis is another one, talking himself up - worse thing you can do - your chances of selection are at the whim of selectors only, not your mouth.

Ftr, both blokes wouldn't be near my test side.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Agree

Too much yapping in the media

Need to lead by example like Finch MMarsh and Labuschagne.

Would throw that theory out if Stoinis gets pick, which I hope he doesn’t .

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
How many times have we seen the Toyman throw his wicket away with stoopid shots ?

He has never been and will never be a test cricketer imo.

Timbo

Staff member
Whilst I get the whole ‘you shouldn’t complain and let your bat do the talking’ - how is that working for Burns, Patterson or dare I say it, Wade?

This is a system where these guys are looking at blokes like Marsh getting picked over and over again despite being park grade and no number of shield runs can change the selectors minds.

After a while you have to speak up, otherwise you’re just a glutton for punishment.

Eelementary

Post Whore
How many times have we seen the Toyman throw his wicket away with stoopid shots ?

He has never been and will never be a test cricketer imo.

Tbh, he would fit right into an Australian Test XI right about now...

Aussie Test XI seem to think throwing your wicket away is the new getting a ton...

Eelementary

Post Whore
Whilst I get the whole ‘you shouldn’t complain and let your bat do the talking’ - how is that working for Burns, Patterson or dare I say it, Wade?

This is a system where these guys are looking at blokes like Marsh getting picked over and over again despite being park grade and no number of shield runs can change the selectors minds.

After a while you have to speak up, otherwise you’re just a glutton for punishment.

Agreed.

I can't fathom how frustrating it would be for Burns, Wade, etc. that failures like Mitch Marsh, Aaron Finch, etc. are guaranteed starters, and yet the blokes who can't crack the side are better players (and often in better form than the incumbents, too).

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

As I said, right or wrong it is way the selectors operate and have done since forever.

I'd suggest its a power thing

Bazal

Post Whore
As I said, right or wrong it is way the selectors operate and have done since forever.

I'd suggest its a power thing

And that's the thing. It's just a fact. We probably all disagree with it in some way, but that's the way they operate.

Our selectors, and our heirarchy in general, simply do not cop criticism.

I actually like that Maxwell has been vocal. I wouldn't have him in my Test side anyway, but the bloke was actually starting to look like he might be getting it in India. Enough to play a part here and there at least. And the way they treated him in 2018 was bordering on deliberately setting him up to miss selection.

Bazal

Post Whore

Burns consistently missing Test selection with the side being picked is one of the biggest crimes in Australian cricket history. He's probably been the most consistent Shield bat since he was dropped, just about.

The bloke never says boo about it either.

vvvrulz

Coach
I like the fact that Show is having a good poo poo about it all.

I couldn't stand the guy four years ago, but in these circumstances he's got a point, why not get in the face of the system if it's corrupt, ignorant, both?

The selections are a right farce and it's absolutely destroying Australia's potential to rebuild, whatever there may be of it.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
He has always looked like a derro 1 drink away from being homeless.

Can't see him having much of a future as a commentator, in his few stints with 7 he came across as an absolute argumentative merkin.