What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Go Norths!!

weasel

First Grade
What a great result today over Redcliffe at Dolphin Oval. I am shocked that the powerhouses of Queensland league won't be in the finals but at least someone new will lift the cup this time (unless Toowoomba ends up winning it :sleeper: ). Second spot is an excellent finish for Norths. Easts will be tough next week but the homeground advantage is invaluable so I'm pretty confident.

stormboy

Juniors
Thanks for ur support mate - it was our first win up there since 1996 and we deserved it - come along on sunday and watch the devils send easts home with their tails between their legs :D :D :D :D

weasel

First Grade
I'd like to go but I've got to play soccer. It's a shame they have the elimination final on the Saturday. It seems logical that the higher ranked teams should get the tv game.

stormboy

Juniors
It would mate but the ABC being the pricks they are will not televise another game at Bishop this season because i quote 'the ground is not satisfactory for the tv and there is no where to broadcast from' BULLSHIT *cough* *cough*

backdoor

Juniors
stormboy said:
It would mate but the ABC being the pricks they are will not televise another game at Bishop this season because i quote 'the ground is not satisfactory for the tv and there is no where to broadcast from' BULLSHIT *cough* *cough*
You are the first person who has claimed that the ground is satisfactory stormchild.

Perhaps if Norths spent some money on facilities for a change they might get a more sympathetic hearing.

We all know that Smelbourne pays the players and coaches wages.

Norths have done very little to promote or enhance rugby league ever since they jumped into bed with the News Ltd franchise.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Actually, I think the ABC has been pretty consistent over the years with which semi-finals they cover.

They always seem to do the elimination semi in the first week, I guess on the basis that the higher placed teams will be shown in the following weeks.

There's a chance, I guess, that Norths might miss on coverage in the semis altogether (hopefully).

On the bright side, they wouldn't have got 3500 to Bishop Park if it had been a TV game.

The ABC have done this way (Minor Semi first week, Major Semi second week) since 2000. Anyway, Norths got 3 home games on TV this year so I don't know what you are complaining about.

oxenham

Juniors
Backdoor
Norths as a club have done a reasonable job of promoting RL in the north east and northern suburbs.The evidence is the number of junior club affiliations, some that have jumped ship.There are also strong connections with schools that have traditionally supported Norths.
Bishop is a bit tired but comes up on TV as well as most clubs.Norths have had other concerns to deal with aside from ground improvements(ie survival)
If it was not for the Storm they would most likely be playing with Wests ......and you would probably be happy.I think the Storm/ Norths model, given the tyranny of distance, works well and has saved one of the original BRL clubs,of which there are not too many left.
I know the Norths side of the coin is now very viable and improvements may come.
Ask xxxx where the players would rather play, in front of 3000 at Bishop with the pen in full flight,or in front of 1000 with a telecast.If anyone wants to know about pre Broncos Brisbane football get to Bishop on Sunday.....warts and all.

russ13

First Grade
Oxenham wrote:

[quote}If anyone wants to know about pre Broncos Brisbane football get to Bishop on Sunday.....warts and all.[/quote]

Tell when they are going to heritage list the toilet block there? :)

oxenham

Juniors
Of couse Irene will be there....isn't she always :)
The toilets are old enough to be heritage listed and need attention without doubt.I guess the problem is how much infrastructure do you provide given average attendances.The reverse side of the coin is if you do not provide decent faclities you will not attract crowds.It is a hard balancing act.
In the short term Norths should look at temporary toilets for Sunday.
On an aside,even when you provide facilities some blokes will not use them, if there is a wait of more than 30 secs.I walked past 3 blokes releiving themselves outside the temp toilets at Dolphin and walked straight upto the urinal.
Sergeant they ran out of heavies that day :roll:

stormboy

Juniors
well said oxenham

as for backdoor get out and actually go to football as it seems u don't get out much

and matt u might not be complaining but stick those dolphins fans whinging about the Gold Coast team name - rugby league is a business and since the gold coast couldn't get in u guys up there can now stop whining

zulu

Juniors
oxenham said:
Of couse Irene will be there....isn't she always :)
The toilets are old enough to be heritage listed and need attention without doubt.I guess the problem is how much infrastructure do you provide given average attendances.The reverse side of the coin is if you do not provide decent faclities you will not attract crowds.It is a hard balancing act.
In the short term Norths should look at temporary toilets for Sunday.
On an aside,even when you provide facilities some blokes will not use them, if there is a wait of more than 30 secs.I walked past 3 blokes releiving themselves outside the temp toilets at Dolphin and walked straight upto the urinal.
Sergeant they ran out of heavies that day :roll:

What's this about Irene and toilets?

:lol: #-o

backdoor

Juniors
stormboy said:
as for backdoor get out and actually go to football as it seems u don't get out much

I wonder how many times you have been to Bishop lately little boy?

Perhaps you can remember the gatekeeper's standard reply when you ask him where the toilets are ?

Ironic because a few other clubs attract a bad name for the poor standard of their facilities, however none of those clubs would have anywhere near the level of player payments that Norths Storm (as the club once marketed itself) have. But then again those clubs are genuinely involved in their communities, not a "business that just happens to be located in the area".

I have been to Bishop many times over the past 30 years and assure you that every time I have been there in the past 5 years, the home fans have been easily outnumbered by the visitors.

Unless New Zealand and Victoria recently came under the jurisdiction of the Brisbane City Council, the Devils appear to have very little relevance to the district.

Shame, because as much as I loathe Norths some of my fondest memories are of attending packed out matches at Bishop.