What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Go Norths!!

oxenham

Juniors
Backdoor
Norths have been part of the area for over 70 years and are involoved in the community as much as any other club.I would suggest they are part of the fabric of the north eastern suburbs and not plonked there.I once again reiterate the number of junior affiliations and their junior programmes which are at least the equal of any Qcup club.
What if they do pay their players well,so do Redcliffe and Easts ....good luck to them.I fail to see the connection between player payments and provision of capital improvements.What are Norths supposed to do forget paying players to build toilet blocks..makes good business sense.
That brings me to your point about being a business....sure is and so is Redclife Wynum Easts etc etc.Clubs have to be run as a business to survive and allow funds to pay players,invest in community services and improve facilities,how you prioritise these components is upto the club and their business plan.
Oh....and if you are going to make gratuitous statements back them with statistics and facts and not biased personal observations.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Gee, it was good hearing "Stand up and cheer for Norfs again this year ..." at Bashup on Sunday - a rollicking tune. Maybe that should now read "next year".

Anyone got the full lyrics ?

stormboy

Juniors
Whats Doing said:
Was at Norths on Sunday and Wynnum certainly outnumbered Norths supporters by a significant extent.

Point being ... as long as we attract supporters to the QCUP the better it is for our game

backdoor

Juniors
stormboy said:
Whats Doing said:
Was at Norths on Sunday and Wynnum certainly outnumbered Norths supporters by a significant extent.

Point being ... as long as we attract supporters to the QCUP the better it is for our game

Having been to Bishop when clubs other than Wynnum have been playing I can tell you that Norths attract bugger all supporters to rugby league.

But hey, you are probably delusional enough to claim Cameron Smith as a Norths junior and Jeremy Smith as a Melbourne junior.

When was the last time YOU attended a game at Bashup?

Sydney Carton

Juniors
You're hardly going to attract fans back for a second visit after they discover the ground doesn't even have toilets.

It's unthinkable in this day and age.

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
ive heard that north sydney bears will now be the feeder team for the storm...if this is the case, where does this leave the devils? they will be stuffed

Sgt Schultz

Juniors
In some aspects it would help Norths have a more stable side albeit at the expense of some quality players.
But that also depends on who owns the RSL at Kallangur is it Norths or Melbourne or Ribot. That club is going great guns so they may be able to toss in more coin to buy Qld Cup standard players.

Sgt Schultz said:
In some aspects it would help Norths have a more stable side albeit at the expense of some quality players.
But that also depends on who owns the RSL at Kallangur is it Norths or Melbourne or Ribot. That club is going great guns so they may be able to toss in more coin to buy Qld Cup standard players.

I thought Ribot was the one that purchased that club.

oxenham

Juniors
I think you will find Norths lease it and have plenty in the bank.Norths will remain a feeder to the storm as well as North sydney.It makes sense and is following the American model of having teams in different towns.Wests and Balmain feed Wests Tigers with the biggest problem being players playing against each other in the same comp....will not happen in this situation.It will make it easier for the storm to accesss NSW and qld players.

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
oxenham said:
I think you will find Norths lease it and have plenty in the bank.Norths will remain a feeder to the storm as well as North sydney.It makes sense and is following the American model of having teams in different towns.Wests and Balmain feed Wests Tigers with the biggest problem being players playing against each other in the same comp....will not happen in this situation.It will make it easier for the storm to accesss NSW and qld players.

opps ribot owns the ipswich jets club

i would say the better players would go to the bears

Sydney Carton

Juniors
oxenham said:

The Warriors did that didn't they....for a year, then pulled the pin on Souths and used only Newtown...then pulled the pin altogther and went back to local league.

Wests Tigers have been considering winding up Balmain for years as it's too great a strain on the finances running two feeder clubs.

I would be worried that Melbourne are "testing the waters" with North Sydney so you would want to uncover more "stars" next season than the Bears do I reckon.

oxenham

Juniors
Why stuff something that works fine.I think it is more a case of Norths (Sydney) needing a path for their players or face extinction from that comp.I still think the sensible split would be to keep Qld players in Brisbane and NSW players in Sydney.It may have the affect of stabilising Norths with only 2 or 3 players coming in or out in lieu of 5 or 6.
From my gleanings Norths can stand alone nicely with the 2 Leagues clubs ,even the Devils Den is turning a good profit.I just cannot see the Storm walking away from the organisation that has developed based on Norths.

backdoor

Juniors
oxenham said:
Why stuff something that works fine.I think it is more a case of Norths (Sydney) needing a path for their players or face extinction from that comp.I still think the sensible split would be to keep Qld players in Brisbane and NSW players in Sydney.It may have the affect of stabilising Norths with only 2 or 3 players coming in or out in lieu of 5 or 6.
From my gleanings Norths can stand alone nicely with the 2 Leagues clubs ,even the Devils Den is turning a good profit.I just cannot see the Storm walking away from the organisation that has developed based on Norths.

Better see an optometrist