What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

God shall not be mocked

Who believes in God?

• Yes

Votes: 59 64.1%
  • No

Votes: 33 35.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

84 Baby

Referee
So you believe the devil exists and not god?
Just pointing out that by admitting faith, you admit idleness in seeking answers, therefore if God exists & idleness is the devil's playground then the faithful are the devil's subjects

84 Baby

Referee
I'll leave it to you to discover why? It may take you a life long journey or not.

I'll step of the train now.

I'm content and 100% sure of my faith.

Good luck in your endeavours

The stiff signs off.
It may indeed but at the end of it I will know the full answers while you're stuck still watching the 1st season of Lost

stiffmeister

Bench
Coal turns into diamonds?

I will definitely sign off but first I will respond to you.

Dirt is more valuable than gold etc. That is what god made us from, dirt which is very precious as dirt eventually evolved to gold. That's how much god loved us by making us from what appears to be worthless sand but it does evolve into something precious

84 Baby

Referee
I will definitely sign off but first I will respond to you.

Dirt is more valuable than gold etc. That is what god made us from, dirt which is very precious as dirt eventually evolved to gold. That's how much god loved us by making us from what appears to be worthless sand but it does evolve into something precious
I am just showing you that time, heat & pressure can turn coal to diamonds naturally just like time, heat & pressure can turn particles to the masterpiece that is human. It's possible that it was god but when you get down to it Occam's Razor suggests it's probably going to be natural cause & effect

Snoochies

First Grade
If something has a beggining, it has a cause. 100 times out of a 100 this is the case. If one day a huge explosion happens and someone asks me what caused that, and I say nothing, I would look stupid. Something caused the Big Bang.

Evolution and God mix perfectly well when reading the bible in context. Atheist like to say that Christian read it literally and believe in 7 day creation, that too must mean we believe a big red dragon with 7 heads is about to appear on earth.

Genesis is a form of poetry and should be read as such and not used as a science textbook. If anything, read closer and look where God created the animal and birds, clearly says they came from the waters before humans. Evolution matches this exact same thing, the time frame is what stuffs people up and I find some Chritians are too arrogant to look at what the actual evidence is. I'm a Christian who believes in god and evolution, scary stuff.

As for proving anything, I doubt anyone can prove anything, all we do is look at the evidence around us. No one can prove we are all having this discussion right now but obviously the evidence clearly states we are. or maybe I'm dreaming.

Gippsy

Bench
Well, don't often come in here but noticed the topic in the headings.

Haven't read all the posts but the ones I did have been fascinating. Some funny, some ignorant but mostly very interesting.

The one thing that stands out to me is the different level of respect towards others shown by those with different views...mmmmm...

Anyway, I don't think a forum like this will change anyone's point of view but to be honest it has changed my opinon of some of you Eels supporters. I certainly admire the strength of conviction shown by a group of posters and the manner in which you responded to arguments presented.

A topic like this could possibly go on forever.

bartman

Immortal
You've misunderstood my meaning. If the Christian God is the one true god then that means there is only one universal set of laws written into the multitudes of Books that comprise the Bible. One that either says homosexuality is evil or that God doesn't care if you're gay. I corrected myself for saying that your viewpoint was wrong because, if God exists, then in all possibility the new testament lays out this set of laws.

And that means either somewhere along the line people have begun making stuff, claiming it's from gods, or god is a muckraker of the highest order
Fair enough and apologies if I didn't understand what you were saying.

I guess I'm still saying that there isn't just one set of agreed laws or interpretations in Christianity (or any other religion for that matter - Buddhism, Islam).

I started by saying that for anyone to invoke their one true correct way on behalf of Christianity onto others is probably short-sighted, on the part of those who try to do that... I guess I could add that to try and use the notion of Christianity having only one true correct way as a way of dismissing people's different understandings of the religion as a whole is equally short-sighted?

I'm neither actively/practicing Christian nor actively atheist... just not fundamentalist in either direction.

Last edited:

84 Baby

Referee
If something has a beggining, it has a cause. 100 times out of a 100 this is the case. If one day a huge explosion happens and someone asks me what caused that, and I say nothing, I would look stupid. Something caused the Big Bang.

Evolution and God mix perfectly well when reading the bible in context. Atheist like to say that Christian read it literally and believe in 7 day creation, that too must mean we believe a big red dragon with 7 heads is about to appear on earth.

Genesis is a form of poetry and should be read as such and not used as a science textbook. If anything, read closer and look where God created the animal and birds, clearly says they came from the waters before humans. Evolution matches this exact same thing, the time frame is what stuffs people up and I find some Chritians are too arrogant to look at what the actual evidence is. I'm a Christian who believes in god and evolution, scary stuff.

As for proving anything, I doubt anyone can prove anything, all we do is look at the evidence around us. No one can prove we are all having this discussion right now but obviously the evidence clearly states we are. or maybe I'm dreaming.
I agree with some of what you say. We will never know how the universe came to be. Creation is just one possibility. A god is possible. I just don't believe it is the Christian God nor do I believe that we should follow any religion blindly. If you want to practice Christianity then the only requests I make is you quell fanaticism in your own ranks and constantly seek answers. If God really wants us on his side he'll provide legitimate answers

84 Baby

Referee
Fair enough and apologies if I didn't understand what you were saying.

I guess I'm still saying that there isn't just one set of agreed laws or interpretations in Christianity (or any other religion for that matter - Buddhism, Islam).

I started by saying that for anyone to invoke their one true correct way on behalf of Christianity onto others is probably short-sighted, on the part of those who try to do that... I guess I could add that to try and use the notion of Christianity having only one true correct way as a way of dismissing people's different understandings of the religion as a whole is equally short-sighted?

I'm neither actively/practicing Christian nor actively atheist... just not fundamentalist in either direction.
I apologise then and to everyone who went through this. I know I seem hypocritical with what I'm saying and the manner I say it in, but I am strongly against religion. If there is a god, I honestly don't think he gives a rat's if we believe in him or not

Snoochies

First Grade
I agree with some of what you say. We will never know how the universe came to be. Creation is just one possibility. A god is possible. I just don't believe it is the Christian God nor do I believe that we should follow any religion blindly. If you want to practice Christianity then the only requests I make is you quell fanaticism in your own ranks and constantly seek answers. If God really wants us on his side he'll provide legitimate answers

Totally agree with you. Never blindly follow and these type of forums help me to seek out answers.

I'd encourage everyone to have a look at the debate between Cliffe Knechtle and the bloke who tried to take God out of the pledge of allegiance at www.givemeananswer.org. Really good insight and logical thought about God against an Atheist who also brings up alot of logical points. It at least gets you thinking.

HevyDevy

Coach
Someone must have created them. If you believe that these particles just existed, then I believe that god just existed

You say someone must have created them because you can't think of any better explanation.

Either that or you've been brainwashed into believing that God exists and will therefore use any 'evidence' at your disposal to support your claims - no matter how flakey.

That aside, hilarious thread!

:lol:

HevyDevy

Coach

Actually, I CAN prove that we are having this discussion.

If you are telling me that perhaps we're not, you're an idiot. It's right here in front of everyone. Fact.

Can you prove to me that horses exist? Yes you can.

Can you prove to me that dogs exist? Yes you can.

Can you prove to me that mermaids exist? No? Why not?

And the next question is obvious ...

Parra Guru

Coach
I love the fact that after 21 pages, people still think they can make others see their reasoning.

](*,)](*,)](*,)

Gronk

Staff member
religion-cartoon-salesman.jpg

Snoochies

First Grade
Actually, I CAN prove that we are having this discussion.

If you are telling me that perhaps we're not, you're an idiot. It's right here in front of everyone. Fact.

Can you prove to me that horses exist? Yes you can.

Can you prove to me that dogs exist? Yes you can.

Can you prove to me that mermaids exist? No? Why not?

And the next question is obvious ...

I can't prove a mermaid exists because there is no evidence that suggests such, just as there is evidence for dogs, horses. So based on "evidence", I can say that horses dogs do exist. Note, this is based on "evidence" and not proof. Confusing yes, but what I am saying is that we all make our everyday judgements on what's real and not real based on evidence, not scientific proof. If I say I have a dog and show you my dog, no-ones going to ask me to prove it's a dog, evidence suggests it's a dog.

Very stupid argument but at the end of the day, people want "proof" of God, I say nothing can be proven, but we can look at the "evidence" and what does it point too?

I mean evidence suggests we are having this conversation, but still it can't be proven.

fish eel

Immortal
I can't prove a mermaid exists because there is no evidence that suggests such, just as there is evidence for dogs, horses. So based on "evidence", I can say that horses dogs do exist. Note, this is based on "evidence" and not proof. Confusing yes, but what I am saying is that we all make our everyday judgements on what's real and not real based on evidence, not scientific proof. If I say I have a dog and show you my dog, no-ones going to ask me to prove it's a dog, evidence suggests it's a dog.

Very stupid argument but at the end of the day, people want "proof" of God, I say nothing can be proven, but we can look at the "evidence" and what does it point too?

I mean evidence suggests we are having this conversation, but still it can't be proven.

Umm, hello!!! Darryl Hannah FFS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmmhpXuqWyI