What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gold coast Dolphins

Roosterphin

Juniors
How do the rest of you feel about them using Redcliffes logo.

To me I think it is disgraceful. Reddy have been around for ages and there are plenty of other names they could have used. Now what will happen if Redcliffe were to try and enter the NRL?

Your thoughts?

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
did you ask the same question when penrith 'panthers' came about...what about the wests panthers?? they had been around for alot longer

:roll:

weasel

First Grade
Yeah, well it was only the NSWRL back when the Panthers were admitted into the comp so I suppose it didn't really matter. I'm pretty disappointed, Redcliffe are the QRL's best-known club and it's a shame the emblem that they're so well known for is going to be claimed by another team, and a Queensland team at that. Still, sharing mascots is nothing new to the Queensland Cup, just look at Wynnum and Tweed Heads.

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
if gold coast dolphins do get in....why dont they come to some sort of an arrangement where they can use redcliffe dolphins as their feeder team, or reserve grade?? like the horseheads do with toowoomba and storm do with norths

i doubt it would be a goer, but thought i would mention it

oxenham

Juniors
I do not particularly care....theres 2 seagulls in the Qld cup....I can"t see how you copyright a dolphin....having said that the Brisbane Lions paid out to Hollandia :roll:

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
oxenham said:
I do not particularly care....theres 2 seagulls in the Qld cup....I can"t see how you copyright a dolphin....having said that the Brisbane Lions paid out to Hollandia :roll:

hollandia is not a bad beer....except its only 345ml...but its 5% :D

Sgt Schultz

Juniors
I would have preffered another emblem but they decided to go with the Dolphin and I don't think they will change it.

The Redcliffe Club attempted to register the Dolphin Emblem in the 70's as the clubs trademark but was unsuccessful because the Dolphin belongs to everyone.

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
nah bring on the bears!! apparently the warriors are going to sing matt orford for a f**ked half a mill for just ine year....he wants to go to the bears if htey come about...so bring one he dolphins so then maybe he can stayt for abit longer

go the warriors!!

dizi

Juniors
The people with the idea to call them the Gold Coast Dolphins can't honestly say that they came up with the name by themselves. The name Dolphins is known as a powerfull rugby league club in Queensland and is associated with success because of all the hard work and shitloads of money put in by the Redcliffe club. They know they stole it and they should not be allowed to get away with it.

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
dizi mate youve had a shocker...as if they stole the name :roll:

they had a survey asking people around gold coast what they wanted the team to be named and the dolphins was most popular, followed by pirates.

oxenham

Juniors
Its a dolphin....you cannot trademark a dolphin....what you probably can trademark is the REDCLIFFE dolphins.The soccer team was the BRISBANE Lions not Lions.There was probably several dolphin sporting teams around before Redcliffe claimed it....are they going to sue Redcliffe.

rugged

Juniors
When you look up Gold Coast Dolphins on google it comes up with a cricket club of the same name. At least Redcliffe are the Redcliffe Dolphins.

There was a soccer team called the Brisbane Lions and now they changed to the Queensland Lions - still Lions though.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Maybe Redcliffe could become the Queensland Dolphins. :D

I'm sure everyone would love them if they did that.

oxenham

Juniors
Maybe they can be the Brisbane Dolphins.....or even(wait for it)the Australian dolphins.....more in line with their ambitions :lol: