What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final horror stories ...

TheDalek079

Bench
Yep should have went to Shame Hayne, because without him there was no way the Roosters would have won :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRCsdrimYPY

lol. Pearce's knock on went backwards, so refs gave it the benefit of the doubt. Pearce interfering in the play the ball? sure that should have been a penalty, but next set ballin/buhrer sticks his foot in the play the ball (Guerra playing the ball) and Roosters don't get a penalty so it balances out. The headbutt was so light its laughable to think it was a penalty.

The tackle on Pearce whilst kicking was around the legs. Penalty! Yep, Jenko deflected the ball out. But with 20 seconds left Manly wouldn't have had time to score. Friend's tackle on Ballin wasn't high or late. Rabs saying there was a question mark on it doesn't make it a penalty. The forward pass for SKDsy's try, look where the refs are. No way they could see it went forward. The Jenko block....i noticed Manly doing the block that game too, so it balances out.

so funny to see the butthurt from Manly fans though:lol::lol::lol:

Scaven

Juniors
lol. Pearce's knock on went backwards, so refs gave it the benefit of the doubt. Pearce interfering in the play the ball? sure that should have been a penalty, but next set ballin/buhrer sticks his foot in the play the ball (Guerra playing the ball) and Roosters don't get a penalty so it balances out. The headbutt was so light its laughable to think it was a penalty.

The tackle on Pearce whilst kicking was around the legs. Penalty! Yep, Jenko deflected the ball out. But with 20 seconds left Manly wouldn't have had time to score. Friend's tackle on Ballin wasn't high or late. Rabs saying there was a question mark on it doesn't make it a penalty. The forward pass for SKDsy's try, look where the refs are. No way they could see it went forward. The Jenko block....i noticed Manly doing the block that game too, so it balances out.

so funny to see the butthurt from Manly fans though:lol::lol::lol:

Pearce drop in the opening few minutes is a knock on every day of the week
Agree with the Pearce tackle around the legs.
Umm Friends tackle was on DCE and it was late and high.
How do you know Manly don't score even if there was only 20 seconds left?
I don't care where the ref is for the forward pass, the touchie should have caught it.
Where is Manly doing the block play, only in your mind?

Maybe take your anti-Manly glasses off for a minute?

At the end of the day it was one of the worst refereeing performances in a grand final, but because Manly was on the end of it no one cares :)

Nuts

Juniors
For me, it was 2005. As a Cowboys supporter, it breaks my heart to have to keep seeing replays and people waxing lyrical about Benji Marshall's f**king flick pass. I was in the crowd and I remember my heart dropping as soon as Marshall managed to brush off Matt Sing as the Cowboys chased the kick. I just knew that was enough of a sniff for him to make something out of it. When they scored I just sat down and put my head in my hands, knowing that was a killer moment, as the plethora of Tigers fans went apesh*t all around me.

Before that of course was Paul Bowman's brain explosion in the in-goal area. But because of what he had done for the Cowboys over countless years, it was hard to be mad at him. It would have hurt him more than any fan I reckon.?

I know for a fact that Paul Bowman still blames himself to this day for the GF lose. Probably not fair considering what a Cowboys legend he is!! I think the real villain was Travis Norton. On the play that led to the Pat Richards try he had two options - stay in the line and defend Benji Marshall, or take a dog shot on Brett Hodgson after he passed the ball. Needless to say he took the selfish option and left a massive hole for Benji to run through and the rest is history!!

alien

Referee
changa langlands performance for the dragons in the 1975 grand final against roosters

coolsteve

Juniors
I remember watching something on the footy show or boots and all about a winger. I cant remember what team but I think it was balmain or souths or somthing. But in some grand final in i think the 60s or 70s he coughed up the ball 3 times in about the first 15 minutes which all lead directly to tries. He was subbed off after 15 minutes, left the ground and never played first grade again

I think your are talking about Steve Mavin. was hooked by George Piggins after 15 mins , was seen crying in the dressing room and left the ground before half time. poor bastard , played pretty good all year

I think your are talking about Steve Mavin. was hooked by George Piggins after 15 mins , was seen crying in the dressing room and left the ground before half time. poor bastard , played pretty good all year

If it was Steve Mavin, it was in 1987. The game was the Minor Semi-Final against Canberra.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
49119.gif

juro

Bench
The giant Optus TV that fell apart in the pre-game entertainment must have been a nightmare to some of the dancers around it. Wish I could find it on youtube...