What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greatest Villain Of All Time - Group Eight

Group Eight

• HAL 2000

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Frank Booth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mrs Danvers

• Phyllis Dietrichson

• Harry Lime

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Engine

Juniors
GROUP EIGHT
HARRY LIME (Orson Welles) in THE THIRD MAN (Selznick, 1949)
The character of Harry Lime, alive or dead, on-screen or not, is one of cinema's most fascinating villains. Charming & deadly as any cobra, he attracts & repels at the same moment.

PHYLLIS DIETRICHSON (Barbara Stanwyck) in DOUBLE INDEMNITY (Paramount, 1944)
Barbara Stanwyck, in one of the most remembered performances of her extensive career, represents (with nearly flawless ease) the cold and ruthless manipulator who has no difficulty in ruining other people's lives in various ways (including death, if necessary) in order to get what she wants. Known in the film community as the `femme fatale,' this is someone who uses her sexual prowess, seductiveness, and emotional detachment to drag an unsuspecting person (generally an interested man) into a scheme from which she is expected to benefit heavily and he is most likely headed for destruction.

27. HAL 9000 (voice of Douglas Rain) in 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY (MGM, 1968)

HAL 9000 is one of the most villainous characters in film history. Most of this film takes place in space. Through the use of silence and the darkness of space itself, a mood of isolation is created. Dave and his crewmen are isolated between earth and jupiter, with nowhere to escape. Combine this mood with the cold, calculated actions of HAL 9000 and you have the most fearful villain imaginable.

28. MRS. DANVERS (Judith Anderson) in REBECCA (United Artists, 1940)

Her presence is as dark and foreboding as that of the deceased Rebecca herself, and Fontaine is evidently cowed by her icy stare and unnervingly formal manner.

29. FRANK BOOTH (Dennis Hopper) in BLUE VELVET (DEG, 1986)
Hopper is WAYYYYYYY over the top as Booth...he's both horrifying and hilarious...a great performance.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Agreed. I dont mind old movies but i think a more contemporary list would have been much better for the purpose of this forum.

Ive personally only seen the Third Man and Space Odyssey from that list. So my vote goes to Mr Orson Welles as Harry Lime.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Ive been wanting to see Blue Velevt. David Lynch is a f**king looney, just like his movies and ive heard "interesting" things about Blue Velvet.

Eelmatta

Ive been wanting to see Blue Velevt. David Lynch is a f**king looney, just like his movies and ive heard "interesting" things about Blue Velvet.

"If it's one I can't stand it's warm f**king beer it makes me puke"

What kind of beer do you like to drink, neighbor?
Heineken.
Heineken? F**k that s#!t! Pabst Blue Ribbon! :lol: Classic

2 True Blues

Coach
:-k Daniel day lewis was good as the Butcher . :sarcasm:

I'll toss a coin for this one though. :lol:

2 True Blues

Coach
f**k, I cant even vote in this one. they all suck. Dont want to influence the stat's as cant really pick one there , etc.