What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greek Mythology Game Thread: Day 4

afinalsin666

First Grade
yeah? Well i'll block your block motherf**ker, cancelling each other out and letting my other shit go through. M-m-m-m-m-multipower.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Night 8 Result

Chronos shook his head. The Heroes had come so close, so very close... But they fell short.

---

Hera walked down to Perseus. She was wearing the skimpied piece of clothing you could imagine. Perseus noticed immediately.

She placed her hands on him and said in a soft voice "Come here, big boy."

Perseus had no choice. He would obey. "Y-yes ma'am."

"I want you to stop her," Hera whispered, her lips brushing his ear and pointing at Pandora. "And I want you to stop her tonight..."

Perseus would obey. She went and tied down Pandora, who would never get a chance to use her power...

Constrained, Zeus then descended on the keeper of the box.

"I'm afraid you must die," he said. "You have put up a good fight, but the rule of the gods will not be denied."

And it wasn't. With a lightning bolt, only her charred remains were left.

johnson-pandoras_box_mmv_oil_painting.jpg

afinalsin666 is dead. He was Pandora, heroes aligned.

---

Zeus then walked over to Orion.

"You have done well, but now I will stop you too." With rope of lightning, he tied Orion up. This was it.

Chronos descened into their presence.

"The game is up, you have won as you would now overrule any and all Heroes in a lynch" he boomed. "The reign of the gods will continue."

The knee was bowed as Zeus lit the sky with lightning in celebration.

Mafia win! (afinalsin666 - you got role blocked so none of your gadgets would work - sorry bro)

Dutchy - Zeus
Bazal - Hera
DB - Odysseus (recruited)
Monk - Cadmus (recruited)
Scott Gourley's Lovechild - Poseidon (dead)
Frederick - Hades (dead)
Apey - Athena (dead)

Olympians QT

Beasts QT - hilarious

Coordinators note:

I made a lot fewer errors than all my previous mafia. My only two things that I did were 'interfere' to keep balance at play. This was a forced recruit of Monk to Olympians as I had well overpowered town and simply didn't realise by how much. I evened that up by sending the riddle to Misanthrope detailing a convert, but it was perhaps a turn too late. Coby seemed to be the only one who picked Monk and DB as rats, interestingly.

Other than that, it ran smooth and got down to the last 7 which is not too bad but I still can't manage to get the nubmers to lower.

And and all constructive criticism would be greately appreciated by me to help me work out where to improve next time :)

Oh, and Dutchy must have given the owner of random.org a massive sloppy one to land the role of Zeus. I did deliberately team KTF and PP though; the hilarity of it was too good to pass up. Apparently I made the list :sarcasm:

Roles list:

You are Tantalus, heroes aligned.

POWER: You may select one player each night, and target a second player. You will, if the power is able to, use the first persons power on the targeted player. You must select a different player each night.

WIN CONDITION: You win when only Heroes remain.

You are Orion, heroes aligned.

POWER: You may track one player each night and discover who they targeted.

POWER: Once in the game, you may send your dog, Sirius, to ‘urinate’ on a selected player. This will be written up in the ngith update.

You are Leonidas, heroes aligned.

POWER: Each odd night, you may kill a player.

PASSIVE POWER: You are King Leonidas! You don’t die easy; the first two kill attempts at night will no work. The third, however, will.

You are Asclepius, heroes aligned.

POWER: You can revive two players of your choice, at any time.

You are Theseus, heroes aligned.

POWER: You may redirect one player each night.

POWER: Once, during a game, you can choose to kill someone, at any time.

You are Orpheous, heroes aligned.

POWER: You may protect someone each night.

POWER: Once, during the night, you may sing the song of calm. All heroes aligned powers will occur, but no other alignment will have their actions go through.

You are Pandora, heroes aligned.

POWER: You have the following one off powers: 1. Resurrect, 2. Role Block, 3. Kill, 4. You may turn back all the previous nights actions (but you must state this in the game thread by writing ‘Open the box and release hope.’), 5. Protect one player.

You are Cadmus, heroes aligned.

POWER: You may protect one player each night.

You are Pirithous, heroes aligned.

POWER: You may auto lynch once in the game.

POWER: You may reverse a lynch, once in the game.

You are Perseus, heroes aligned.

POWER: You’re quite talented. You can redirect on odd nights and role block on even nights.

You are Jason, heroes aligned.

POWER: You are an expert leader, and able to augment the skills of your fellow troops. Each night, you can select one person to ‘double’ their power.

POWER: You may, once in the game, select a player and ‘purchase’ their skill. It will override your augment power.

You are Odysseus, heroes aligned.

POWER: You may select one player each night, and you can present their ‘tale’ to the rest of the game (word for word if need be).

POWER: Once a game, you may request a ‘private census’, and be told the different alignments and their numbers of alive lists.

You are Achilles, heroes aligned.

POWER: You may kill a player each even night.

You are Heracles, heroes aligned.

POWER: You may role block one player each night.

POWER: Once in the game, you may tear someone to shreds and kill them.

PASSIVE POWER: You can only be killed by Zeus.

You are minotaur, beasts aligned.

POWER: You may kill a player each night.

WIN CONDITION: You win when only Beasts aligned remain.

You may QT with your ally, Medusa, who is KeepingTheFaith.

You are Medusa, beasts aligned.

POWER: You may role block a player, who will be unable to speak and vote the next day.

POWER: Once in the game, you may recruit another member.

PASSIVE POWER: Anyone who tries to kill you will fail. You can only be lynched.

WIN CONDITION: You win when only Beasts aligned remain.

You may QT with your ally, minotaur, who is ParraPride.

You are Nymph, indie aligned.

POWER: You may sleep with one players each night. They will be ‘notched up’.

WIN CONDITION: You win when you have slept with all the players in the game, both alive and dead.

You are Hades, Olympians aligned.

POWER: You may kill one person each night. If your kill does not go through that night, you will be enraged and able to kill two people the next night.

POWER: You may resurrect one player in the game. They will join your faction.

PASSIVE POWER: If investigated, you cannot be found. The first attempted kill will fail.

WIN CONDITION: You win when only Olympians remain.

You may QT with your fellow Olympians; Bazal, Scott Gourley’s Lovechild, Apey and Dutchy.

You are Poseidon, Olympians aligned.

POWER: You may perform one of the following each night: 1. Force Vote, 2. Misinformation provided to the player, 3. Misinformation in the write up (attribute an action to a player that they didn’t do).

POWER: Once a game, you may cause an earthquake, meaning only Olympians aligned actions occur.

PASSIVE POWER: As long as Hades is alive, you cannot be killed.

You may QT with your fellow Olympians; Bazal, Dutchy, Apey and Frederick.

You are Hera, Olympians aligned.

POWER: You may seduce one player. That player becomes your lover, and will take orders from you. You now control their actions. This may only happen for two turns, and the player themselves will not know they are under a spell. After two turns, you may seduce another player.

You may QT with your fellow Olympians; Dutchy, Scott Gourley’s Lovechild, Apey and Frederick.

You are Zeus, Olympians aligned.

POWER: You may role block one player each night.

PASSIVE POWER: As long as Hera, Poseidon and Hades are alive, you remain alive.

PASSIVE POWER: You will absorb Hades Kill and Athena’s Redirect if they die.

You may QT with your fellow Olympians; Bazal, Scott Gourley’s Lovechild, Apey, and Frederick.

You are Athena, Olympians aligned.

POWER: You may switch two players powers each night; i.e. you select Player A and Player B. Player B, without knowing, will use Player A’s power, and vice versa. You cannot select the same two players in a row.

You may QT with your fellow Olympians; Bazal, Scott Gourley’s Lovechild, Dutchy, and Frederick.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
yeah? Well i'll block your block motherf**ker, cancelling each other out and letting my other shit go through. M-m-m-m-m-multipower.

Smiley had a RB / Redirect alternating, and Bazal seduced Smiley on the RB night and used it on you so your gadgets didn't go through sadly :(

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Oh, and sorry to Smiley who was brought back into the game only to have the game finish about an hour later :oops:

afinalsin666

First Grade
:lol: That was one of the bigger derps of my mafia career. Wasn't paying attention, thought there was only two baddies.

:lol:

Drew-Sta

Staff member
They got two recruits? I think MY mafia was a little underpowered Drew.

:lol: Yes, this is true. I should have had a protect in there or something. I still struggle with properly powering cults so they are balanced.

Annoying that a protect doesn't stop a roleblock sometimes.

Yeah, I should probably clarify protects better as 'Protect from kill, not from powers' as you're right - there should be a protect that works like a deflect too.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
A protection from everything EXCEPT a kill is called a "Safeguard".

Never really had a chance, but that's ok, I don't think the QT had much game strategy even before I died.

RHCP

Bench
f**ked up by stealing Dutchys power after he was outed as Zeus. All I got was a dumb roleblock.

Augment could have come in handy if I hung onto it longer.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Jesus. Sizable mafia.

I picked Monk as the convert and blocked him my last night. Which townie blocked soc's kill?

DB

First Grade
They started with five... I uncovered Dutchy on night one, so night 2 they killed me, then revived and recruited me.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Hang on hang on. I reverted time back to the start of day 6, but it was written up as a night action... As soon as the power hit, it should have been day 6 and vote time, just before smiley was hung. Why did night actions happen?

soc123_au

Staff member
Jesus. Sizable mafia.

I picked Monk as the convert and blocked him my last night. Which townie blocked soc's kill?

If my Kill on Bazal went through we were set. I bullshitted about killing DB hoping I wouldnt get blocked. Also my Smiley lynch f**ked us, damn coin. If it had have been tails I was gunning for Bazal.

soc123_au

Staff member
PS What the hell were the town doing lynching soc? Weirdest decision I have ever seen.

Thought that was odd too. It was pretty obvious who I was. I think AFS got over confident thinking he could bring me back. Still it was f**king obvious it was Bazal we needed.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Bazal for MVP. Did the AFS gig of fooling most everybody, but survived to the end and scored a win.