What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gus Gould / Anthony Griffin.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
No. Hence I didn’t include the Tigers win that was also big.

Those two were easy wins, go back and watch them. The dogs in particular were absolutely inept.

Are you suggesting they weren’t easy wins?

I swear people on these boards would argue that black was white. FMD.

Franklin cannot brook any criticism - direct or perceived - of Griffin, so you just have to accept that he will never, ever agree with you on any point that he thinks makes Griffin looks bad. In this case, by claiming a win is soft, he is assuming (wrongly, I imagine) that you are trying to claim that Griffin doesn't deserve any credit for it, thus franklin must therefore prove that your original claim is not true.

franklin2323

Immortal
No. Hence I didn’t include the Tigers win that was also big.

Those two were easy wins, go back and watch them. The dogs in particular were absolutely inept.

Are you suggesting they weren’t easy wins?

Did you watch those games?

It should of been alot closer then the score said

The Knights game for example

Nathan Ross had a try disallowed.
Was run down after running away with an intercept on another time
Levi held up over the line
Ken Sio after intercept was run down

Could of easily had a few tries against us

Did you watch those games?

It should of been alot closer then the score said

The Knights game for example

Nathan Ross had a try disallowed.
Was run down after running away with an intercept on another time
Levi held up over the line
Ken Sio after intercept was run down

Could of easily had a few tries against us

Yes I watched them. They were easy wins. That the score could’ve been slightly closer isn’t the point. That we were never genuinely threatened is.

I notice you ignore the bulldogs game though. I’m sure you’ve got a heaps of excuses why a 38-0 drubbing of a team that continually dropped the ball and made mistakes wasn’t easy.

You have some of the strangest logic I’ve ever come across, mate.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yes I watched them. They were easy wins. That the score could’ve been slightly closer isn’t the point. That we were never genuinely threatened is.

I notice you ignore the bulldogs game though. I’m sure you’ve got a heaps of excuses why a 38-0 drubbing of a team that continually dropped the ball and made mistakes wasn’t easy.

You have some of the strangest logic I’ve ever come across, mate.

So a team has never played bad and won before? No games are easy games in NRL it's great like that

OldPanther

Coach
Would it helped if we balanced it with saying we had good wins too? like the Raiders game: Griffin sent out a message to go up the middle and they did and won in spectacular fashion.

So a team has never played bad and won before? No games are easy games in NRL it's great like that

Again, irrelevant to my point.

Where do you pull this stuff from? I can’t even begin to understand this logic.

I was simply making the point that we had at least 2 easy wins, nothing more. You seem to see hidden meanings that simply aren’t there.

Would it helped if we balanced it with saying we had good wins too? like the Raiders game: Griffin sent out a message to go up the middle and they did and won in spectacular fashion.

Or the warriors comeback victory, that was brilliant. Never would’ve happened before. I praised griffin at the time for that.

But again, not entirely the point I was making.

franklin2323

Immortal

Yep. Goes back to the always negative feel lately. Personally I thought the home Bulldogs game was a punish to watch. So if people enjoyed the 'soft' wins then so be it

OldPanther

Coach
Or the warriors comeback victory, that was brilliant. Never would’ve happened before. I praised griffin at the time for that.

But again, not entirely the point I was making.

I know it wasn't your point. Just making the point myself that people aren't saying it's all bad as these comments are being taken that way.

franklin2323

Immortal
Again, irrelevant to my point.

Where do you pull this stuff from? I can’t even begin to understand this logic.

I was simply making the point that we had at least 2 easy wins, nothing more. You seem to see hidden meanings that simply aren’t there.

What does it matter? Win is a win results are all that matters

Top 4 is what we need this year. the ladder won't adjust for hard losses or easy wins

OldPanther

Coach

Top 4 is what we need this year. the ladder won't adjust for hard losses or easy wins

The original point was that some are disappointed because last year wasn't exactly a success. Limped into the finals on the back of other teams failures. The expectation is that we are how many hundreds of thousands of dollars and how many years into a rebuild and still couldn't even make between 5 - 8 comfortably let alone top 4.

Dude. Jesus, Dude.

Follow the thread and don’t jump in with irrelevant points. You completely missed the point and now you’re doubling down, you do it all the time.

franklin2323

Immortal
The original point was that some are disappointed because last year wasn't exactly a success. Limped into the finals on the back of other teams failures. The expectation is that we are how many hundreds of thousands of dollars and how many years into a rebuild and still couldn't even make between 5 - 8 comfortably let alone top 4.

Isn't beating the bad teams by close scores limping in? When has flogging teams became a bad thing? You have to play what is infront of you

franklin2323

Immortal
Dude. Jesus, Dude.

Follow the thread and don’t jump in with irrelevant points. You completely missed the point and now you’re doubling down, you do it all the time.

To Quote Frog:

They were all hard-earned. A couple of soft losses, through., but you don't get points for them.

This is what I was agreeing with. If we get 18 wins this year and come top 4 will it matter that teams turned up or not?

OldPanther

Coach
Isn't beating the bad teams by close scores limping in? When has flogging teams became a bad thing? You have to play what is infront of you

The scoreline is irrelevant. A close win or a big one as long as we look like a team with a plan and make the finals with our heads high not getting in by the skin of our teath because other teams choke.

Now personally I'm waiting for this year as we have Maloney now and I want to see us without roster shuffling and drama but there is a genuine point to be had.

TheFrog

Coach
Not a single soft win?

Beat bulldogs 38-0

Newcastle 40-0

The bulldogs game was the worst I’ve ever seen that team play. Was inept.
We got them at a good time right after Origin, it is true, just like the Rabbitohs got us at at a good time with 3 stars dropped. The Knights we beat twice, but five teams didn't. The Tigers we beat twice, but 7 teams didn't. We made the finals after winning 11 from 13 and losing 2 at the end. We deserved to make the finals.

OldPanther

Coach
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...7/news-story/b604fe871cf60803ed8016b1e064e0a3

Greg Alexander denies morale problem at Panthers, but admits players underperformed in 2017

PENRITH legend and insider Greg Alexander denies there’s any unrest or ill feeling among the playing group at the Panthers, saying the recent exodus of big-name stars is part and parcel of rugby league. And he claims the side underperformed in 2017 as a result of a number of players not pulling their weight.

Former captain Matt Moylan walked out on the club four months ago to join Cronulla, and has been followed out the door by Bryce Cartwright who jumped ship to Gold Coast last week.

Their exits are despite the fact both players signed long-term extensions only last season.

Leilani Latu has also left the club, while utility Tyrone Peachey is poised to sign to a deal with the Titans. He could yet be released from his contract at the foot of the mountains before it expires at the end of the 2019 season. The mass movement has led to speculation factions of the playing group are unhappy with coach Anthony Griffin.

It’s a claim Penrith boss Phil Gould would not be drawn on last week when speaking on radio.

And now Alexander — a board member who also works at the club as a halves consultant under Griffin — has emphatically denied the rumours. “It’s no different out there. There is no drama out there ... at all,” Alexander told foxsports.com.au.

“The group is good. Obviously it was a bit of a shock to see Bryce move on to the Gold Coast but footballers are pretty resilient, they just get on with the job.

“I know it’s painted that way, and from the outside looking in you see Moylan just departed, then Bryce Cartwright and they both recently signed long-term deals at Penrith, so I can understand it looks like there’s some problems out there. “But if you went out there, if you spent a week at Penrith you would realise that there’s not.”

Unrest or not, Alexander acknowledges the Panthers underperformed on the field last year.

They were billed as premiership favourites pre-season but won just two of their opening nine games in a capitulation that stunned many punters.

They recovered to finish the season in seventh place, and won a final before being bundled out in week two.

Alexander admits the weight of expectation may have played a part in their disappointing start to the year.

But he hopes the experience gained in 2017 can lay the platform for a more successful campaign this year.

He says every player must buy in to coach Griffin’s set-up to fulfil that potential. That didn’t happen last year.

martielang

Bench
Franklin cannot brook any criticism - direct or perceived - of Griffin, so you just have to accept that he will never, ever agree with you on any point that he thinks makes Griffin looks bad. In this case, by claiming a win is soft, he is assuming (wrongly, I imagine) that you are trying to claim that Griffin doesn't deserve any credit for it, thus franklin must therefore prove that your original claim is not true.

Lets be real, the whole reason behind calling them 'soft wins' is to discredit Griffin. There's zero other reason for it.

A 'soft win' is completely subjective, yet the same 'realists' are talking about it as fact & talking down to anyone who disagrees with them. 'But they dropped the ball lots so it must be soft'. Of course it would have nothing to do with our defensive line pressuring their playmakers or our kicking game pinning them in a corner etc. etc. etc.

Such a stupid argument.

OldPanther

Coach
Lets be real, the whole reason behind calling them 'soft wins' is to discredit Griffin. There's zero other reason for it.

A 'soft win' is completely subjective, yet the same 'realists' are talking about it as fact & talking down to anyone who disagrees with them. 'But they dropped the ball lots so it must be soft'. Of course it would have nothing to do with our defensive line pressuring their playmakers or our kicking game pinning them in a corner etc. etc. etc.

Such a stupid argument.

See my previous comment people are focusing too much on the soft wins thing:

"The scoreline is irrelevant. A close win or a big one as long as we look like a team with a plan and make the finals with our heads high not getting in by the skin of our teath because other teams choke.

Now personally I'm waiting for this year as we have Maloney now and I want to see us without roster shuffling and drama but there is a genuine point to be had."