What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Halves Ratings for Next Year

The_Shield

Juniors
For mine:

Eels up to 3rd. Norman and Moses IMO are both better than average with potential to be great.
Warriors up to 4th.
Johnson is a little inconsistent but still one of the better 7s in the comp. Green should be a good partner for him.

Dragons drop to 5th.
Panthers drop to 6th.
Storm drop to 7th.

Not the order I think the ladder will be in. Halves are only part of the puzzle.
My biggest gripe with the Eels halves are that they go missing to much. Last years finals is a perfect example. Plus Moses is a liability in defence. If they fix those then they would definitely move up a few spots on my list

ed-grimley

Bench
Course not. Having the best halves means nothing if the rest of the team is crap. One of the main reasons I don’t think the roosters will win ithe comp is because outside of their spine their really isn’t much. And having a poor halves pairing isn’t the end of it either, I mean the Broncos won with Shane Perry as their halfback
I guess you can't really adjudicate on the new combos either - they might fire or they might be duds. Townsend is not rated by many but he formed a good partnership with Jimmy and helped the Sharks to a premiership.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
haha you know you've won the battle when an arbitrary point becomes more of the focus point then the original statement...

Morgan and Thurston have struggled before, Morgan got moved to FB because of it making way for someone like ray Thompson

as the definitive proof illustrated, it was in fact robert liu (even worse) that forced morgan out of the halves. he did in fact return to the game at fb.

STOP MAKING EXCUSES...those are the facts.

The_Shield

Juniors
haha you know you've won the battle when an arbitrary point becomes more of the focus point then the original statement...

as the definitive proof illustrated, it was in fact robert liu (even worse) that forced morgan out of the halves. he did in fact return to the game at fb.

Mate your embarrassing yourself

The_Shield

Juniors
with facts, righto
No with stupidity.

Morgan didn’t go to fullback because they preferred Robert Lui at halfback. He went to fullback because Lachlan Coote got injured in the preseason. And he struggled in 2013 with the suicide of his best friend and ended up stepping down from the NRL because of it, hence why he only played a handful of games in the NRL in 2013. Those are facts

RazorRam0n

Juniors
No with stupidity.

Morgan didn’t go to fullback because they preferred Robert Lui at halfback. He went to fullback because Lachlan Coote got injured in the preseason. And he struggled in 2013 with the suicide of his best friend and ended up stepping down from the NRL because of it, hence why he only played a handful of games in the NRL in 2013. Those are facts

Wrong champ if Coote was fit Morgan was likely off the bench, the proof is there that Lui was preferred even if Coote was fit.

The_Shield

Juniors
um the fact that the morgan played fb after last playing half and then spending the rest of the season in reserves. also known as logic. i posted the ins and outs as proof.
That proves nothing. It has been well documented and I’ve posted it here twice already, that in 2013 Morgan dropped out of the NRL and even considered walking away from rugby league altogether after his good friend and teammate Alex Elisala committed suicide. The next year Coote got injured in the preseason so Morgan went to fullback cause they pretty much had no one else.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
That proves nothing. It has been well documented and I’ve posted it here twice already, that in 2013 Morgan dropped out of the NRL and even considered walking away from rugby league altogether after his good friend and teammate Alex Elisala committed suicide. The next year Coote got injured in the preseason so Morgan went to fullback cause they pretty much had no one else.

you're on massive struggle street with logic here champ.

his mate's suicide is an EXCUSE for his poor form that season, in fact what it does is reinforce that fact that morgan did in fact struggle with thurston in the halves that season, which is the central statement all along.

and coote's injury doesn't suggest morgan would have got reselected over liu, his non selection after he was dropped would have suggested he would have been benched. if anything my original statement should have said he not only struggled in halves with thurston he was benched in favour of liu when he came back if not for coote's injury

My biggest gripe with the Eels halves are that they go missing to much. Last years finals is a perfect example. Plus Moses is a liability in defence. If they fix those then they would definitely move up a few spots on my list
Well the storm only had one half and he went to easts

3 seasons of failure ahead then the storm will be replaced by the melbears

The_Shield

Juniors
you're on massive struggle street with logic here champ.

his mate's suicide is an EXCUSE for his poor form that season, in fact what it does is reinforce that fact that morgan did in fact struggle with thurston in the halves that season, which is the central statement all along.

and coote's injury doesn't suggest morgan would have got reselected over liu, his non selection after he was dropped would have suggested he would have been benched. if anything my original statement should have said he not only struggled in halves with thurston he was benched in favour of liu when he came back if not for coote's injury
He wasn’t dropped for Lui, he stepped down himself

AJB1102

First Grade
I agree with you but what is the Gagai point?

Good question.

I'm gonna guess I was thinking Origin and Gagai coming into the side recently as an example, even though he played on the right and Thurston conducts mainly on the left. I posted it 1:45am after Aus Day so I'm pretty surprised only a little bit didn't make sense.

butchmcdick

Immortal

Fact. We won a comp with JT and Morgan as our halves

How many other halves combinations this season can say the same ?

Latest posts