What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hasler to coach in 2018

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Foxpsort reporting the Bulldogs Board are meeting tonight with a 2 year extension of Hasler's coaching contract on the agenda....
To be honest, that's only a part of it.
He may not be offered a new contract either. Alternatively, they may wait for a few weeks before deciding.
All very intriguing.

Gareth67

First Grade
Hey Gareth
When does the Tupperware Man cometh?
We need some reliable inside info.

Matey , the silly berstard slipped and done his ankle in . The last bit of news I did get from him was in October , when he walked over to me ( with a Scotch in hand ) and told me that J.T. would not be in the following weeks Grand Final .

However seeing as he was under the weather , I kept my pennies to myself - I was kicking myself the next day ! The new Tupperware salesman is more of a cricket fan , mentioned how the Aussies would be having a great series in India .

Seems a nice enough chap , except for those big black bushy eyebrows , reminds me of that John bluudy Howard ! When I do see him next , you will be the first to know . ;)

possm

Coach
Like FAKE NEWS, all is just opinion and not based on fact. The Dogs board might be discussing a two year deal for Hasler but this deal has not yet been presented to or accepted by Hasler.

Dragons would surely offer a longer term and higher salary a la Hunt's deal. Dragons surely would not buy a $1m player unless they have a top grade coach lined up long term.

St Georgio

Juniors
Some including myself have posted Haslers record, which IMO opinion is quite impressive, I think many Journos troll the forum, Wow Dragon fans want and believe in Des, well f**k that shit, I must have a chat to either Bob Fulton or the dogs boards!

dragons girl

Juniors
Like FAKE NEWS, all is just opinion and not based on fact. The Dogs board might be discussing a two year deal for Hasler but this deal has not yet been presented to or accepted by Hasler.

Dragons would surely offer a longer term and higher salary a la Hunt's deal. Dragons surely would not buy a $1m player unless they have a top grade coach lined up long term.
What about this.Broncos sack Bennett.He insists on leaving immediately and announceces that he is coaching the Dragons for 3 years.Bennett sees the potential in Field,and our younger players.He drops Widdop and puts Mann in at half for the rest of the season to partner Field.Also sees the useless players that we have and moves them on.Widdop,Lafai,McCrone,Marketo,etc.After 3 games of Bennetts arrival the Dragons team begin to look like a team capable of winning and entertaining.They narrowly miss the top 8 but fans are excited for the next 3 years.Dreams are free.

hazzbeen

Bench
What about this.Broncos sack Bennett.He insists on leaving immediately and announceces that he is coaching the Dragons for 3 years.Bennett sees the potential in Field,and our younger players.He drops Widdop and puts Mann in at half for the rest of the season to partner Field.Also sees the useless players that we have and moves them on.Widdop,Lafai,McCrone,Marketo,etc.After 3 games of Bennetts arrival the Dragons team begin to look like a team capable of winning and entertaining.They narrowly miss the top 8 but fans are excited for the next 3 years.Dreams are free.
Ok you have just landed yourself the coaching job , and with that sort of thinking you can be our CEO also ..... :)

ALSGI

Bench
I reckon a recent post (OT I think?) might be on the money about Dean Young. It's reeking of setting up the perfect storm for Young to take over as caretaker (Hornby as Assistant or vice versa) with his old man pulling the strings and playing the useless board like a piano. It would explain Mary being kept on and JD leaving. It's almost like it's been orhestrated by the old boys club knowing that Mcf**kwit will fail and there'll be no other better choice, pending a review by the committee of course.
Any change would be better, at least in the short term, and with some improvement shown which inevitably happens, bingo !!! New rookie coach for 3 years. Well played Albert.
FFS, I keep threatening to switch codes to Womens Beach Volleyball........

Home Truth Man

Juniors
FWIW scum drunk Rothfield said on NRL 360 last night that the drums were getting louder that Hasler would be with us next year

Crush

Coach
I reckon a recent post (OT I think?) might be on the money about Dean Young. It's reeking of setting up the perfect storm for Young to take over as caretaker (Hornby as Assistant or vice versa) with his old man pulling the strings and playing the useless board like a piano. It would explain Mary being kept on and JD leaving. It's almost like it's been orhestrated by the old boys club knowing that Mcf**kwit will fail and there'll be no other better choice, pending a review by the committee of course.
Any change would be better, at least in the short term, and with some improvement shown which inevitably happens, bingo !!! New rookie coach for 3 years. Well played Albert.
FFS, I keep threatening to switch codes to Womens Beach Volleyball........
I think this will happen