What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne needs to get an education

Y2Eel

First Grade
deans trolling is like that cute puppy you just had to buy.

Fun at the start but then it gets old.

I am putting this in the Memory bank..

Ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing

Canard

Immortal
Meh, what can I say, it's my favourite sport.

And tbh, you guys only like League because it's what you were born to. If you were born in the greatest country, U.S.A, you'd never have heard of it. You would scoff at the thought of watching League.

Hey, don't get me wrong, 'footy' is great and all. I'm glad the working class enjoy it (rich people don't watch it, take that as you will.....). Drinking a skin full, watching players bash each other, all the pretty colours. The common folk of Rome loved the action of the coliseum as well. But if we're being honest, the 2 games aren't in the same galaxy of ability, intelligence, & popularity.

Haha. I used to get fired up reading GKD, then you realise that the guy who had the GWS avatar for years is all tongue in cheek.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
It took me a few replies before I really twigged as well. He's very good at it.

That being said, I've met a few NFL players over here.

They are a slice of life. Some polite and intelligent, some dumb and rude.
The joys of working in a hotel.

Justin Tucker in particular comes across as a real jerk and I've been in contact with him dozens of times.

POPEYE

Coach
Meh, what can I say, it's my favourite sport.

And tbh, you guys only like League because it's what you were born to. If you were born in the greatest country, U.S.A, you'd never have heard of it. You would scoff at the thought of watching League.

Hey, don't get me wrong, 'footy' is great and all. I'm glad the working class enjoy it (rich people don't watch it, take that as you will.....). Drinking a skin full, watching players bash each other, all the pretty colours. The common folk of Rome loved the action of the coliseum as well. But if we're being honest, the 2 games aren't in the same galaxy of ability, intelligence, & popularity.

Got to give you an 'A' for effort as always but merely dangling a line won't catch anything, you need at least a hook on the end . . . suppose I can't talk, all I've caught lately is an oikee, which doesn't sound very palatable

lol at all these imbeciles that get their noses out of joint because they can't handle the fact that they know nothing outside of Rugby League.

ps that isn't just an NFL pic in my sig.... That's Khalil Mack... A 6ft3 115kg outside linebacker who runs the 40 in 4.63... He was one of the best run stoppers in the NFL last season.

He's over 10kgs heavier and within a 10th of a second of Haynes 40 time...

If Jarryd makes it on to the field... That's who he will be running at...

I think he has run at 115kg people before.

shiznit

Coach
I think he has run at 115kg people before.
115kg people who are practically just as fast as he is??

And more explosive and powerful than ANYONE he has faced in RL??

I'm not saying he's gonna disgrace himself... He's doing his thing.... He's living his dream.

I'm just pointing out that what he's done in the NRL will count for very little when it comes to competing on an NFL squad.

For what it's worth... I reckon if Hayne were to take anyone in the NFL for a long distance run.... he would probably give most NFL players a heart attack....

nick87

Coach
Well yeah they can get fired/cut of course, but it's a set minimum per week providing they are in the squad.

I reckon Hayne would back himself to keep his spot for the year once he had it

You'd hope so, this NFL thing as he said is a cut throat business, if he gets a spot, he's going to need to back himself because no one is going to come and prop him up if starts losing confidence.

broncos2010

Juniors
Its proven that broncos have some of the most well educated fans in the country. I guess successful people follow successful clubs.

nick87

Coach
Its proven that broncos have some of the most well educated fans in the country. I guess successful people follow successful clubs.

I'd love to see that proof.
From memory QLD always rank near to last as far as education by states goes.

Forty20

First Grade
115kg people who are practically just as fast as he is??

And more explosive and powerful than ANYONE he has faced in RL??

I'm not saying he's gonna disgrace himself... He's doing his thing.... He's living his dream.

I'm just pointing out that what he's done in the NRL will count for very little when it comes to competing on an NFL squad.

For what it's worth... I reckon if Hayne were to take anyone in the NFL for a long distance run.... he would probably give most NFL players a heart attack....

Mack is considered an out and out gun though, he may not have earned DROTY honours but you would be hard pressed to find anyone that considers him anything but a freak. Guys like Mack (on projected development) and JJ Watts stand at the pinnacle of defence in the NFL and every running back has trouble contending with them.

Mack and Watts aren't the issue for whether Hayne will succeed. Even though the NFL is considered an 'elite among the elite' competition plenty of guys get by on simply being good enough, or even sub-par for their position, and that is all Hayne needs to be (big question over it though).

Mack is considered an out and out gun though, he may not have earned DROTY honours but you would be hard pressed to find anyone that considers him anything but a freak. Guys like Mack (on projected development) and JJ Watts stand at the pinnacle of defence in the NFL and every running back has trouble contending with them.

Mack and Watts aren't the issue for whether Hayne will succeed. Even though the NFL is considered an 'elite among the elite' competition plenty of guys get by on simply being good enough, or even sub-par for their position, and that is all Hayne needs to be (big question over it though).

Spot on. Do we say a player wont make it in the NRL just because they don't physically match up to GI?

ek999

First Grade
SBW was around 115kg and the quickest at the club over 40m when he was at the Bulldogs. What that time was is unknown because NRL clubs don't like to give that info away.