What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Highest Paid players Value for Money

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Lol anyone who doesn't support all our players isn't and shouldn't be a supporter. Couldn't care less on how good or bad they are, someone who wears the rabbit on their chest with a red and green jersey on is someone I will support.

Couldn't imagine the hysteria on here during from 02-06

Thats ok r95 you can stay with mcinnes and mediocrity mate r20 and myself want the duds gone so that we can field an even team of players on the paddock such as the broncos and the cowboys and the storm do, why stick with mediocrity oh thats right i forgot clarky and tyrrell and turner are all good blokes and great to have around the club etc etc etc fug me nfi. i dont support the duds because they should not be wearing a 1st grade souths jumper with a rabbit emblem on it in the 1st place.the duds deserve to be wearing a bears jumper with the bear emblem on it but its ok r95 dont forget we are coming 11th but i just read 4 panthers players have been put down due to disciplinary reasons wow that may well give us a chance to win now i am sure gburgii will play he has too its a no-brainer in my books ....Shadow...

greg jay

Juniors
There are always different methodologies and approaches one can use when evaluating almost anything in life. The fact is this: Since Sam Burgess returned with all the Hooplah Crowe bragging to celebrate Xmas etc Souths are 11-18. That is they are a 38% WINNING team!!! That is very poor from where I sit. Further with Sam and Inglis on the park for most of the games last season the team lost NINE CONSECUTIVE contests. It should also be recalled that Sam basically failed in his sting with a struggling repeat struggling British Rugby Union side. He failed there by all accounts. By contrast Ben Teo'o has had a critical impact on the British National team and undoubtedly helped them win the 6 Nations Tournament. The issue with Sam and Inglis in any analysis should be their EXCHANGE value if the team offloaded them. Think about that before getting emotional. For them, Souths could in theory purchase say a Jack Bird, Tedesco and Woods and probably another good young forward or two. Should Souths sink to the bottom, which is where they are headed, Sam and Inglis should be released next season and a good recruitment scout needs hiring because Maguire seems to be a very very poor judge of player talent.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I like turner I think he was very promising in 2014. I don't think his a premier second rower but I definitely think his worthy of a first grade spot, probably on the bench. I also think he would definitely make the cowboys, storm, Brisbane bench. We don't really have players that are better than turner that's the biggest issue. Turner is the best second rower in our team besides Sam and Crichton. I think you'll find when our centres return though our results will improve significantly. It's very easy to keep players like turner as well cause he's cheap!!
Sorry I don't think he would make it at those clubs.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Thats ok r95 you can stay with mcinnes and mediocrity mate r20 and myself want the duds gone so that we can field an even team of players on the paddock such as the broncos and the cowboys and the storm do, why stick with mediocrity oh thats right i forgot clarky and tyrrell and turner are all good blokes and great to have around the club etc etc etc fug me nfi. i dont support the duds because they should not be wearing a 1st grade souths jumper with a rabbit emblem on it in the 1st place.the duds deserve to be wearing a bears jumper with the bear emblem on it but its ok r95 dont forget we are coming 11th but i just read 4 panthers players have been put down due to disciplinary reasons wow that may well give us a chance to win now i am sure gburgii will play he has too its a no-brainer in my books ....Shadow...
We should beat Penrith!!!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
It's a results driven business these days and unfortunately some don't cut the mustard.

Even if we had 18 players out I'd still go to games.

We still can not sugar coat the facts that some aren't up to it.

Some of the Souths greats wouldn't believe some of the recruitment now would they????

alien

Referee
But he's also a leader imagine if we didn't have Sam who would be the captain? Sutton is getting too old to be depending on as captain for a season.

Sutton would still be fine as captain. Reynolds would be a fine captain too.

alien

Referee
The fact is this: Since Sam Burgess returned with all the Hooplah Crowe bragging to celebrate Xmas etc Souths are 11-18. That is they are a 38% WINNING team!!! That is very poor from where I sit.
And during that time Sam has been our best forward! If only the other forwards stepped up and played as good!

Travitoh

First Grade

I've felt AR should be our captain even when GI plays. I believe our results with and without him goes deeper than his ability. AR is our most influential player

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I think it's more of a question of who makes the most influence on the field. Captain doesn't just have to have a motivational speech in every huddle. They can just lead by example. Sam plays hard every game making really good stats. Players are usually inspired by other teammates putting in big hits or making big plays. Sutton is getting older and doesn't really bring as much to the squad. He only really looks threatening because he runs off Cody walker who is one of the form 5/8ths in the competition. AR shouldn't be captain only because he needs to get his confidence and his game back to its best before he takes extra responsibilities. Give him 1 injury free season though and he could very well be up for captaincy. If you look at our pack Sam is the best option because he plays well and plays hard every game. Even when we're down by 18 you'll still see Sam running as hard as he can at the line because he's a champion. I think a lot of our other players stand down when we're behind but not sammy.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Yes Sutto would be fine as captain still. I feel Sam is still the best option.
Sutton is better than Turner.
I agree.
And during that time Sam has been our best forward! If only the other forwards stepped up and played as good!
Most definitely by far.
I've felt AR should be our captain even when GI plays. I believe our results with and without him goes deeper than his ability. AR is our most influential player
If GI wasn't Captain imo Sam has to be the Captain over AR.
Nah Sutton's a lot older now. He's not as good as he was before. He's struggling to keep up with turner. They're probably both on the same level.
I still rate Sutto a bit above Turner as he can break the line.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I think it's more of a question of who makes the most influence on the field. Captain doesn't just have to have a motivational speech in every huddle. They can just lead by example. Sam plays hard every game making really good stats. Players are usually inspired by other teammates putting in big hits or making big plays. Sutton is getting older and doesn't really bring as much to the squad. He only really looks threatening because he runs off Cody walker who is one of the form 5/8ths in the competition. AR shouldn't be captain only because he needs to get his confidence and his game back to its best before he takes extra responsibilities. Give him 1 injury free season though and he could very well be up for captaincy. If you look at our pack Sam is the best option because he plays well and plays hard every game. Even when we're down by 18 you'll still see Sam running as hard as he can at the line because he's a champion. I think a lot of our other players stand down when we're behind but not sammy.
Plus Sam gets into the boys on the field and at half time in the change rooms.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
It's being reported that clubs are paying 1 mil for players like Tedesco, woods, jack bird. Mitch Moses is being offered upwards of 600k and brooks is being offered 550k. Kalyn Ponga is gonna be earning 750k a season. I am genuinely glad Sam is only taking 800k of our salary cap.

Rabbits20

Immortal
It's being reported that clubs are paying 1 mil for players like Tedesco, woods, jack bird. Mitch Moses is being offered upwards of 600k and brooks is being offered 550k. Kalyn Ponga is gonna be earning 750k a season. I am genuinely glad Sam is only taking 800k of our salary cap.
Correct.

alien

Referee
I'd offer Tedesco $1,000,000 per season (for 2 years) if the salary cap increases significantly. Imagine a left side attack of Cody (five eighth), Tedesco (fullback), GI (left centre), AJ (left wing). Premiership city.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I'd offer Tedesco $1,000,000 per season (for 2 years) if the salary cap increases significantly. Imagine a left side attack of Cody (five eighth), Tedesco (fullback), GI (left centre), AJ (left wing). Premiership city.

I don't think we're competing for Tedesco tbh. It'd be too much money invested into our backline. We should of gone harder for mead last year though. It's just suspicious how everyone wants to go to Brisbane on tiny salaries hmmm.....