What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Host

SET2JT

Juniors
Host is an average forward.. Hones and average.

We need forwards that wil punch thru the line and also who know how to promote 2nd phase pay..
2017 back rowers will be
JDB
Frizell
Thompson
Williams
Sims
Mathews

PROPS
Masoe
Packer
Ah Mau
??? I'm hearing Perrett
:clap::clap::clap:

TheRev

First Grade
I think as far as juniors go we are starting to get back on track with development after the fiasco of losing Bird and Hastings. The best young players are playing or have played NSW Cup, for the most part, even if Dufty hasn't. Aitken and Hutchison played NSW Cup while eligible for U20s last season. Host has played all three grades. I would expect Sele to play at some stage (second tier cap permitting). Blake Lawrie (prop/lock) played NSW Cup earlier in the season before injury. Issac Thompson (wing/centre) has been highly rated for a while and has played NSW Cup while eligible for the U20s. Milne (same age as Aitken) has had an opportunity and hopefully we will see more of him. still think there's room for improvement but its a start.
Agreed, its definitely improving.. the only thing that probably disappointed me was McCrone being selected over Hutchinson during Benji's injuries.. I guess they didnt think he was ready, but I dont see a better time to blood him further if we intend to develop him..

I think they have given up on Quinlan now, as he also should have been selected when Dugan was injured, I think hes on his way out the door end of season, and either Dufty or another will replace for 2017 Cutters #1.

Jubileeboy

First Grade

We need forwards that wil punch thru the line and also who know how to promote 2nd phase pay..
2017 back rowers will be
JDB
Frizell
Thompson
Williams
Sims
Mathews

PROPS
Masoe
Packer
Ah Mau
??? I'm hearing Perrett

Edit - just saw the back rowers comment.
Williams? No thanks

Old Timer

Coach

2017 back rowers will be
JDB
Frizell
Thompson
Williams
Sims
Mathews

PROPS
Masoe
Packer
Ah Mau
??? I'm hearing Perrett

Interested by your comments

How long have the above players had to "punch through the line and promote second phase play" as you put it and how successful have they been by all accounts NOT VERY.

No doubt isolated occasions but no regular domination by our pack for years now and many of the above have been around for years.

Yet you rate Host as average on the basis of 30 minutes of football, not sure how that is as a fair assessment.

TheRev

First Grade
Host is an average forward.. Hones and average
Its difficult for me too, cause I dont see anything amazing in what he does in NSW Cup, I mean hes one of the cutters best, im not sure if hes a prop or a 2nd rower.. in some ways JDB is similar.. but but but.. hes got something worth pursuing.. and im excited to see what he becomes, and definitely happy that many better judges than myself reckon hes the complete player...

I do hope Host comes on quickly though, we have had some of our forwards over the years, like JDB, Stockwell, Latimore for example seem to take an age to go from a development forward to a legit first grade player.. It is JDB's 6th season this year and I still think he has 1 or 2 more years to reach his peak, I feel like he has another gear in him and I hope he finds it for us.

mobels

Juniors

2017 back rowers will be
JDB
Frizell
Thompson
Williams
Sims
Mathews

PROPS
Masoe
Packer
Ah Mau
??? I'm hearing Perrett

Your absolutely kidding yourself if you think that Williams is useful what so ever in the year of 2017 he's absolute plodder who doesn't care about anything bar himself.

Lloyd Perrett is an absolute plodder as well who is not better than any of the young forwards currently coming through our system, which is why the Bulldogs are desperate to offload him after offering him a stupidly long 4 year contract.

To call Host average at the age of 19 and after 60 minutes game time in the top grade is ridiculous, I can easily see him as a player who will follow the mold of JDB.

saintm

Juniors
Because the forum needs a voice of reason champ, this post is a perfect example of the lack of patience dragons fans have, any 20's or NSW Cup player needs time to develop, some more than others (#dufty), tbh I dont think many have even watched them play, they just want them selected for 1st grade on hype.

I don't really care if he gets selected for anything CHAMP, just sick of seeing the same comments in your posts.Give the kid a break. He's having a go. Have you ever had a go or you just a keyboard hero?

denis preston

First Grade

You fished & fished and finally got someone to agree with your Host appraisal. Yet you think Williams , Matthews are better options ?

One things for sure no matter what you witnessed last night , in the next year Host will get better but Matthews etc won't.

TheRev

First Grade
I don't really care if he gets selected for anything CHAMP, just sick of seeing the same comments in your posts.Give the kid a break. He's having a go. Have you ever had a go or you just a keyboard hero?
Mate ive given pros and cons for the kid over a number of years, the only one trying to be a keyboard hero is yourself.

pjljmjjj

Juniors
Because the forum needs a voice of reason champ, this post is a perfect example of the lack of patience dragons fans have, any 20's or NSW Cup player needs time to develop, some more than others (#dufty), tbh I dont think many have even watched them play, they just want them selected for 1st grade on hype.

If this forum, needs a voice of reason you are at the bottom. I agree with Saintm You are f-w-tt and have no idea. Quick question were bowen, barba, slater etc midgets sat 20 years of age???

TheRev

First Grade
If this forum, needs a voice of reason you are at the bottom. I agree with Saintm You are f-w-tt and have no idea. Quick question were bowen, barba, slater etc midgets sat 20 years of age???
Backup from a poster of 20.. thats not suspicious.

We have had this discussion to death, yet your trying to open it up all over again, give it a rest champ!

Old Timer

Coach
Backup from a poster of 20.. thats not suspicious.

We have had this discussion to death, yet your trying to open it up all over again, give it a rest champ!

Not sure what you are trying to say here?

I made post 20 so are you making a comment to that?

pjljmjjj

Juniors
Not sure what you are trying to say here?

I made post 20 so are you making a comment to that?

Yes I am not sure what rev is going on about. I am only giving my opinion. In regards to Dufty, and the same goes with Host, Sele, Thompson, Luciano. I have been watching these young players for over ten years and seen their development. They all have undoubted ability I just hope the dragons give them a fair chance to make it. Great that Host got a run yesterday and yes he may have been a bit overawed but he didn't let anyone down.

GC Dragon

Juniors
Both young Host and Sele have a hundred times more upside to them then every depth/fringe first grader at the club ( which is a large number of our roster ) . Both these kids should be in our top 17 all day every day by next season . If you want average well just take a look at the form of Williams, Sims and Perrett over the last 2 years . Saying Host is average after his first starting game in first grade is just plain ridiculous .

Old Timer

Coach
You fished & fished and finally got someone to agree with your Host appraisal. Yet you think Williams , Matthews are better options ?

One things for sure no matter what you witnessed last night , in the next year Host will get better but Matthews etc won't.

You've nailed his left foot firmly to the floor and now he will go around in never ending circles trying to justify his position.

Host and others are the dawn of a new era and the sun needs to set quickly on a few that have been given far too long to deliver.

TheRev

First Grade
Yes I am not sure what rev is going on about. I am only giving my opinion. In regards to Dufty, and the same goes with Host, Sele, Thompson, Luciano. I have been watching these young players for over ten years and seen their development. They all have undoubted ability I just hope the dragons give them a fair chance to make it. Great that Host got a run yesterday and yes he may have been a bit overawed but he didn't let anyone down.
I think were all in agreement, but I stand by my opinion that Dufty needs to be handled carefully due to his size and playing position, throwing him into 1st grade and bypassing NSW Cup I think is a terrible move.. if you want to argue that then argue it, but the name calling is juvenile.

pjljmjjj

Juniors
I think were all in agreement, but I stand by my opinion that Dufty needs to be handled carefully due to his size and playing position, throwing him into 1st grade and bypassing NSW Cup I think is a terrible move.. if you want to argue that then argue it, but the name calling is juvenile.

I have never said dufty should be in 1st grade but he should have got a chance in cutters by now so we could actually see what he can and cant handle at the moment. But no lets go with that up and comer - Quinlan -Doust !!!!! On the name calling I didn't start it I just agreed with other posts directed at you and your comments on Dufty. Go back to your hole.

Minh

First Grade

Hey no offense your response and saintm regarding The Rev is a little over the top, there have been players/coach's who have been bagged far worse on this forum that goes through to the keeper. the Rev is far from a keyboard warrior let's just say.

GC Dragon

Juniors
I Think we all agree that Dufty has that x factor about him . He is one of those players that can create something out of nothing . I would love to see him as our future fullback .But I do agree he needs to do some time in the Cutters playing against men . At this stage the Dragons haven't even spoken to him about a contract beyond this season .