What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How 2015 Is Shaping Up

Special K

Coach
SKD is rocks and diamonds. He is an improvement but we need another forward.

Currently we have:

Gordon, Gardner, M.Brown, Feki, Gagan, Holmes, Ayshford, Leutele, Sauilma, Bird and potentially Beale competing for 5 spots. Depth is great however our cap is so back heavy with guys who are "solid". There is not one game breaker in there(Holmes isn't yet). SKD is no doubt an upgrade on Leutele, Ayshford and co however he doesn't fill a need for us when we have such a big gap up front. You can't waste that much cap playing NSW cup.

sharkadelic

Juniors
SKD is rocks and diamonds. He is an improvement but we need another forward.

Currently we have:

Gordon, Gardner, M.Brown, Feki, Gagan, Holmes, Ayshford, Leutele, Sauilma, Bird and potentially Beale competing for 5 spots. Depth is great however our cap is so back heavy with guys who are "solid". There is not one game breaker in there(Holmes isn't yet). SKD is no doubt an upgrade on Leutele, Ayshford and co however he doesn't fill a need for us when we have such a big gap up front. You can't waste that much cap playing NSW cup.

I agree. I have heard the rumours we are shopping at least one player, so I would have to assume Gards or Ayshford.

cb4

First Grade
Geez if we can jag an international centre pairing of Beale and SKD it would really be some finishing touches to our top squad.

Injury free is the key

The meetings and potential signings have been fast tracked. God bless Flanagan.

cb4

First Grade
If we get SKD, he will take a spot off Gagan, Feki, Holmes, Bird or Leutele.

No thanks.

I am ok with that. One is an untested backrower from under 20's the other is a centre that whilst has potential, will never be the player SKD is.

Think about it, we can possibly have an international centre pairing and people are worried about Leutele missing out on a spot.
Good, the fact that we will have the players to make Leutele miss out on a spot means we are heading in the right direction.

I would like us to win a premiership, however we do that I am not fussed, but we need classy players.

Don't worry about Gagan and Feki, if they are good enough they will pick themselves.
Holmes is still very raw, I am ok if he starts the year in NSW Cup.

cb4

First Grade
we need another prop whether Gal plays up front or not.

Correct. A cheap one who is willing to fight it out for a spot in first grade.

Think we missed out on Kennedy to be honest, and we missed out because we didn't have a coach at the time of the discussions with him.

Not sure if there are any boppers going around on the free agent list at the moment, which is why the decision to not re-sign Vave, Robinson and to a lesser degree Gibbs is a funny one.

TRIALS

Juniors
BULLDOGS: LLOYD PERRETTFollowing in the footsteps of older brother Sam, Lloyd Perrett got his first taste of the NRL for the Bulldogs against the Raiders in round 15. But the 6’4, 113kg prop certainly doesn’t look out of place. Unlike Sam, Lloyd has given his allegiances to the Maroons and the green and gold — and while his future at the Bulldogs is not yet certain due to salary cap restraints, it surely won’t be long before we see more of the youngest Perrett brother, a certain future star.

Fox sports, about 10 days ago.

Dunamis Lui is still available we looked at him last year, could be cheap prop backup still only 24, he played 21 games for Eagles this year.

Total of 53 games, has been playing FG since 2010, so for a young prop as good bit of FG exposure

Last edited:

Latest posts