What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How good are the crusaders?

shiznit

Coach
You claimed the reds had won no "super titles" when in fact they've won 3.

Going by your "logic" the blues and crusaders have 0 titles as well cause the competition is in a different format this year than previous years.
no dickwad...

how stupid are you??

the South Pacific Rugby Championship(Aka Super 6) & the Super10... are not considered official super rugby competitions.

this is the Reds profile from the Australian Host Broadcaster Fox Sports.

from: http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/super-rugby/teams/reds

Debut: 1996
Coach: Ewen McKenzie
2010 Position: 5th
Best Finish: SF (1996, 1999, 2001)
Worst Finish: Last (2007)

:lol:

keep going idiot...

shiznit

Coach
Highlanders coach Jamie Joseph says Australian teams play schoolboy rugby compared to Kiwi derbies

Highlanders coach Jamie Joseph says that Australian teams were playing schoolboy rugby under the new Super Rugby format, compared to the gruelling season faced by New Zealand clubs.

While backing the concept of more local derbies under the competition's new system, Joseph said matches between Australian teams lacked the intensity of all-New Zealand clashes.

"We played four New Zealand teams in a row, that's a big ask because they are very physical," he told Wellington's Dominion Post.

"You watch the Waratahs play the Reds and it's different rugby ... it's like school stuff while we are at war."

His comments echo concerns from former Wallabies coach Eddie Jones about the revamped Super Rugby, which this year introduced country-based "conferences" in South Africa, New Zealand and Australia with five teams each.

With the top team from each conference guaranteed a spot in the play-offs, Jones said it made the competition uneven because South Africa and New Zealand had more player depth than Australia, making their conferences tougher.

Jones, who coached the Brumbies to a competition win in 2001, said the inclusion of the Melbourne Rebels this year had further diluted the pool of player talent in Australia.

"It was justified in terms of getting Australia an even share of the television money and that's the only reason," he told Radio Sport.

"There's no way anyone in their right sense can say Australia can have five top-class sides."

The revamped Super Rugby draw was designed to increase the number of local derbies, boosting interest in the competition.

Each team plays all four other sides in its country twice and four of the other five teams in each of the other conferences.

Jones said this meant a team could potentially make it to the final and win the competition without playing its top rivals during the season.

"It's an uneven competition because everyone doesn't play everyone," he said.

Despite concerns the bruising encounters in the New Zealand conference risked increasing the injury rate among players, Highlanders mentor Joseph supported more local derbies.

"I think it's great, mate. It's quite tribal, the Kiwi boys against the Kiwis ... certainly the guys are enjoying the derby matches," he said.

:clap:

Well Said Mr Joseph & Mr Jones!!

Thomas

First Grade
That's a bit rich coming from Jamie Joseph saying the Aussie teams are playing 'schoolboy' rugby. His team has only played 2 Aussie teams and they are the teams on the bottom of the ladder. They play the Force and the Tards in a few weeks and also don't play the number 1 Aussie team at all this season...unless they meet in the finals.

I would laugh my c**k off if the Force and Tards beat them. Egg on face etc.

shiznit

Coach
That's a bit rich coming from Jamie Joseph saying the Aussie teams are playing 'schoolboy' rugby. His team has only played 2 Aussie teams and they are the teams on the bottom of the ladder. They play the Force and the Tards in a few weeks and also don't play the number 1 Aussie team at all this season...unless they meet in the finals.

I would laugh my c**k off if the Force and Tards beat them. Egg on face etc.
yeah but a game against any of the NZ sides is tougher than the best Australian sides...

Bazal

Post Whore
WTF....the Crusaders shit on the Reds, and sadly the Tahs have a massive hoodoo against them and probably couldn't beat a 9th string Crusaders side...

I don't agree that the NZ conference "has it all over" the Aussie conference though. I think the Force and the Rebels, coupled with the horrible form of the Brumbies (as much as the Brumbies failings amuse me), makes us look worse than we are. The Tahs and the Reds are still very good rugby teams who can beat anyone on their day, the issue is consistency. And honestly consistency is an issue over the whole Super 15, as we saw with the Crusaders and Tahs losing to the goddamned Cheetahs of all sides.

Thomas

First Grade
The Reds have only lost 2 games. I think that's pretty consistent.

And yes...the Crusaders shit all over the Reds. They'll be lucky to be within 30 points of the Crusaders next weekend.

Parra

Referee
Yeah. Usually McCaw can enter a ruck from wherever the hell he likes and pick up the ball whenever the hell he wants.

Being made to play by the rules is a bitch.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Yeah. Usually McCaw can enter a ruck from wherever the hell he likes and pick up the ball whenever the hell he wants.

Being made to play by the rules is a bitch.

he was playing by the rules.. dickenson was wrong.. the crusaders had counterrucked and there were not two players over the ball...

butchmcdick

Immortal
TV Stu is the worst ref in the comp.

How he continues to get the job is a mystery to me and I am a reds fan

Butters

Bench
Just like how the kiwi teams won't be anywhere near the grand final. Reds v Stormers is looking pretty good, hopefully they'll put up a bit more of a fight than the spastics from NZ.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Just like how the kiwi teams won't be anywhere near the grand final. Reds v Stormers is looking pretty good, hopefully they'll put up a bit more of a fight than the spastics from NZ.

Thats lame bait... the reds cant even beat the worst NZ team...