What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 11 vs Gold Coast @ Suncorp Stadium, Milton / Yuggera-Turrbal

Who will win? Round 11: Gold Coast v Newcastle

• Gold Coast Titans 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gold Coast Titans 1-12

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cos I believe he will push for it. 6-8
weeks is enough for his type of injury. However if he had surgery then it will be longer. I have not followed his progress closely other than my experience with this type of injury. It varies person to person.
thought i'd read he had surgery and 10 weeks is optimistic?

A big chance of re-injuring also ?

Old dog

Bench
We had it in the bag, 10-0 almost 10 in, cruising, then 24-10 h.time gone, busted, beaten in trouble, Best out, shuffle side, Titans switch off? Or do we come out with a plan, not sure but things fall our way, suddenly 16-24, then 22-24, do I switch off, do I keep watching, then it’s 28-24, I can’t watch, I can’t switch off, it’s all to much then they score with a lucky flick to win the game, wait, what, review, no try, I get back up of my knees, unclasp my hands before kneeling, clasping and thanking the football gods for a miracle.
Bit dramatic but was how I felt, very lucky win with how we played and how some were at times so bad and some were so good but as they say “a win is a win”

Knight Tales

Bench
Noone would label what we have done as dominant: But this is about football side developing a culture of belief they are winners. That the expectation of winning every week is not beyond them: and if you want to really feel better then Dominic’s
Mob is only one spot ahead of us on for and against. I wonder what he is thinking right now. Pretty sure he went there to win a title.

Apey

Staff member
a win is a win.

The most disappointing part of the game for me was Ennis calling the match. Why oh why does he hate his junior club, his home town, so much?

What a tosser - An A grade jerk that should never call a Knights game.
think it was just as simple as he tipped Titans in an upset, probably also bet on them honestly.

We go up to 7th no matter what next with Raiders and Roosters playing.

Wizardman

First Grade
Yes I think the argument is about whether the on-field referee should have been overturned based on the evidence. I think he did drop it, but when it's sent up as a try, I'm not sure you can overturn it without seeing the seperation on camera.

For me the end result is the right one based on my own assessment of what actually happened, but it's about the rules of the game moreso than that.
Des looked like an absolute trackhead in the presser crying about that try. There was a little bounce of the ball which indicated that Kelly clearly did not put the ball down. Good win by your boys....playing very tough over the last month.

Knight Tales

Bench
a win is a win.

The most disappointing part of the game for me was Ennis calling the match. Why oh why does he hate his junior club, his home town, so much?

What a tosser - An A grade jerk that should never call a Knights game.
Always been there but I believe it peaked after our relentless sledge campaign aimed at him in the 2013 eliminator. Some of the fan signs you would not get away with today. I know people who played junior footy with him. Has always had a chip on his shoulder about being behind Bedsy.

Last edited:

Woody90

Juniors
I will say, although Cogger is an absolutely dreadful player, and I can’t wait for him to be out of FG, I thought he did about as well on Fifita for his size as we could have hoped for.

Most times it was Cogger being a speed hump and then everyone else running in and sitting on him, but whatever it was worked.

I thought our attack was a bit better yesterday too. Yes playing side that struggles to defend but that try that started from the ball playing between the front rowers was very nice.

slotmachine

First Grade
I thought our attack was a bit better yesterday too.

Dunno, it was pretty unstructured stuff. Halves had nothing to do with any of the tries.

First try: Leo ball to JSaf inside our half, armstrong backing up.
Second try: Armstrong individual effort to beat ordinary titans defence.
Third try: Lucas linebreak from footwork inside our half, armstrong backing up.
Fourth Try: Titans dropped ball on their goal line.
Fifth Try: No dummy half so Elliott of all people forced to kick, penalty try.

Apey

Staff member
I will say, although Cogger is an absolutely dreadful player, and I can’t wait for him to be out of FG, I thought he did about as well on Fifita for his size as we could have hoped for.

Most times it was Cogger being a speed hump and then everyone else running in and sitting on him, but whatever it was worked.

I thought our attack was a bit better yesterday too. Yes playing side that struggles to defend but that try that started from the ball playing between the front rowers was very nice.
He did his job on Fifita. At a minimum, slow him down enough for support. All you can hope for with the size difference.

Its funny but not entirely unexpected that the match-up we were all worried about turned out to be well-handled, but then we concede 5 tries elsewhere.