What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how many games will win the knights win this year

Apey

Staff member
I'm still in shock we got win #2. Hopefully the Panthers resume normal programming.

Pedge1971

First Grade
After today I reckon 5 or 6 and a shit load of annoying losses. The team plays for the coach and that means something...

slotmachine

First Grade
Three or four. Can't win away. Hopefully beat Tigers and Dragons at home.

The other one I was looking at was Dogs, but it's at Belmore so they will be fired up.

perverse

Referee
The answer might be 2 if we don't win this week. The capitulation yesterday was legendary. Not sure how much we need to lead by to have a game in the bag. I think we have a better chance of stealing games at the death, to be honest. Keeps the boys switched on and playing footy.

I think the opposition needs to stuff up for us to win another game. Any team will be confident that even if we are ahead at half time that we'll fall apart in the second half.

Still Nutty

Juniors
I've given up on numbers...but I've got to hope that they at least really show some steel at home, which means we can pick up a couple, starting with the Tigers.

From a finishing off the season perspective and with 6 of our last 10 at home, they need to give the fans some incentive by saying..."If you turn up, we will play our ar$e$ off and leave nothing on the field!!!" which will also hopefully translate into a couple of wins....

That, at least may get supporters to buy in to 'at least next year will be better'.

perverse

Referee
They do play their arses off, you can't question the effort. They are just dumb, below standard, or both.
I think the effort can be questioned occasionally, to be honest. I think there have been lapses there, but what I would say is that it's to be expected of a team that's continually getting disappointed despite putting their best foots forward. Relative to conditions they're playing under, the effort is pretty remarkable really. Part of their development is learning how to put the effort in for 80 minutes instead of 40 or 50.

Still Nutty

Juniors
They do play their arses off, you can't question the effort. They are just dumb, below standard, or both.

I didn't wish it upon them but that Tigers game was an example of what I was fearing at that point....

BUT the game against the Broncos on the weekend was exactly what I meant and for me was the most positive I have seen from this squad since Brown took over...I was happy to see the development and improvement in both their resilience but more so their playing structure, particularly in attack.

I think that might have broken them.

Could be some real hidings in the last third of the season.

Not saying it's all going to be pretty but I have been pleasantly surprised by the effort and improvement since the Tigers game and I am heartened by the growth and resilience of this side in the last 2 weeks...considering how soul destroying that game could have been to this team.

And, as much as I hate to admit it, it has been in no small part to having a couple of senior players starting AND having an influence on managing the team on the field (mentally and emotionally)...Buhrer and to a lesser extent Hodkinson have been a positive influence on the squad through those 2 games.

At some point in the back end of this year, the football gods have to bestow some form of luck on this side (e.g. not losing players like Pete Mat so early in the game, a 1%er from Lamb or Wardle getting a knock on for us instead of a try against us, etc.) and we eke out 1 or 2 more wins this year just to give this team some reward for the genuine effort shown by this inexperienced squad...they have to be due for some

Last edited:

Pedge1971

First Grade
After today I reckon 5 or 6 and a shit load of annoying losses. The team plays for the coach and that means something...

This thread needs to be brought back to relevance just for page 1 only.....

But I did say 5 to 6 despite wavering and feel 3 games out we have had a successful season.

Congrats to coaching and high perfornance staff and an obviously tight knit squad. Despite the early season setbacks.

But please read page 1 again!!