What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt agrees to monster 6 year deal.

Is hunt a good signing or not?

• Yeah mate

Votes: 97 84.3%
  • Nah mate

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Yeah Nah mate

Votes: 14 12.2%

• Total voters

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Well, here I am back again. According to our friend Josh Massoud, Hunt has told Brisbane that he's not going to be with the Morons anymore, and joining the Legends. Great signing. Great asset to our team. Great kicker, brilliant mind. Could be a coach in future years, who even knows. Just don't let him coach fullbacks ;). But Hunt is a great player, great bloke, got a great dummy and step, who knows what he could become for us? BTW, don't ask me to "paste links" and stuff. Just look up "Ben Hunt" and everything will be in your face.

Cheers, blokes. :)

Bench
That kinda cash might be the norm in years to come, this signing is what we badly needed and him together with our rising juniors should be the start of Saints being more then competitive now
I just hope that Saints have also made a deal for a new coach

mobels

Juniors
I'm extremely happy with us signing him, as I well and truly believe he's exactly what we need to get to the next level (besides a new coach), however i'm not to sure about the length of the deal. But most deals nowadays can be worked around.

Hunt's a great player and pretty much carried the Broncos back in 2014 before Milf and Boyd came back and was instrumental to their success in 2015. While he wasn't as good in 2016 as he was in previous years his stats were still good:

7 tries, 23 try assists, 12 line-breaks, 15 line-break assists, 1,442 run metres.

Which is much better than what Widdop and Benji produced. A halves combo of Hunt and Field in the future is something to get excited for IMO.

JDHD

Juniors
Hunt's major advantage over our other halves of the last few years is that he obeys the first commandment: thou shalt run straight!

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I think i've been painfully obvious that I am not a Hunt fan.
That being said, and IF the report is true (Roberts and Keary spring to mind), then the moment he dons the Red V then he will have my 100% support and maybe wave a banner or 2 such as "Dragons....the HUNT is on!!!" (Sorry lame I know but best I could come up with right now)
However, a 6yr deal is a little scary, its a massive investment just for one player and I realy, really hope he has exorcised the demons that haunted him last year. If not we are in for a real torrid future.
I do believe some poetic license may have been used in the report and could have been as simple as " Hunt signs massive 6 fig deal with the NRL Dragons". I'm kinda hoping it's more like a 3yr deal with an option attached.

Como Connection

First Grade
Well, here I am back again. According to our friend Josh Massoud, Hunt has told Brisbane that he's not going to be with the Morons anymore, and joining the Legends. Great signing. Great asset to our team. Great kicker, brilliant mind. Could be a coach in future years, who even knows. Just don't let him coach fullbacks ;). But Hunt is a great player, great bloke, got a great dummy and step, who knows what he could become for us? BTW, don't ask me to "paste links" and stuff. Just look up "Ben Hunt" and everything will be in your face.

Cheers, blokes. :)
FACT or not FACT.
CC

TomRedVRiver

Bench
I think we should keep our heads to the ground before we start talking about 6 year deals. It might not be that long, I remember when the media was going nuts about Ponga signing with Newcastle for 6 years before it was announced. It then turned out to only be a 4 year contract, so let's wait and see.

Hunt is a massive upgrade, he is a player we can build a future around. 2016 by his standards wasn't as great as it could have been, granted, but what he displayed in 2014 and 15 gets me far too excited. He basically carried the Broncos to that Grand Final. Benny is an elite halfback, one of the best in the game, and he is most certainly not a "Widdop-style" signing. He is without a doubt next in line for the Maroons number 7 jersey and will bring invaluable and desperately needed experience to the squad.
Welcome Ben!!

getsmarty

Immortal
Brisbane halfback Ben Hunt accepts St George Illawarra’s lengthy multi-million dollar deal offer
nathan_ryan.jpg

• 4 minutes ago
  • Nathan Ryan@nath_ryan
  • Source: FOX SPORTS
BEN Hunt has accepted the biggest deal of his career.

The Brisbane playmaker has agreed to a six-year, multi-million dollar deal to join St George Illawarra from next season.

Earlier this week, the Dragons upped the ante in their pursuit to make Brisbane’s halfback their marquee man and it’s paid off.

604828_640x360_large_20170120222223.jpg

Hunt agrees to Dragons' terms

1:11
On Friday afternoon, Foxsports.com.au revealed the Red V tabled the halfback a massive six-year deal with the final season an option in his favour.

Hunt has since accepted the offer which will make him one of the game’s richest players.

4948887b75b36da143bbaf96f5db0fbb

Ben Hunt of the Broncos is tackled by Gareth Widdop of the Dragons.Source: News Corp Australia
The deal is understood to be worth almost $1 million a season.

Hunt will play out this year with the Broncos before leaving Red Hill for the first time in his career.

The Dragons have plenty of cash to splash with half their squad unsigned beyond this year, including five-eighth Gareth Widdop and fullback Josh Dugan.

They were also in desperate need of signing a quality playmaker after missing out on both Luke Keary and Corey Norman last year.

Ultimately, the Dragons’ offer was a mammoth deal Brisbane couldn’t get anywhere near.

a2e43c68c677a9ceec38233636a29f18

Ben Hunt of Brisbane scores a try against the Dragons.Source: News Corp Australia
In fact, the Broncos could only afford to offer him a fraction of the price the Dragons were willing to pay thanks to having 11 of their starting 17 off-contract, including Darius Boyd, Anthony Milford and Andrew McCullough.

Not wanting to lose Hunt, the Broncos made him a three-year offer in a bid to keep his partnership with Milford together.

But it was in vain.

Milford is the Broncos’ preferred half, with the club in talks to extend the five-eighth’s deal for another three seasons.

Rather than take less and stay with the only club he’s ever known, Hunt will now uproot his young family and become the Dragons’ leader.

The 26-year-old made his NRL debut for the Broncos in 2009 and is approaching 200 games for the club.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...l/news-story/e42c28b0def0e5c290a6d3029aa10967

Bench
I think i've been painfully obvious that I am not a Hunt fan.
That being said, and IF the report is true (Roberts and Keary spring to mind), then the moment he dons the Red V then he will have my 100% support and maybe wave a banner or 2 such as "Dragons....the HUNT is on!!!" (Sorry lame I know but best I could come up with right now)
However, a 6yr deal is a little scary, its a massive investment just for one player and I realy, really hope he has exorcised the demons that haunted him last year. If not we are in for a real torrid future.
I do believe some poetic license may have been used in the report and could have been as simple as " Hunt signs massive 6 fig deal with the NRL Dragons". I'm kinda hoping it's more like a 3yr deal with an option attached.
How about when we play Souths, shhh were HUNTING rabbits, that would be a good sign

Saint or sinner

Juniors
Finally a genuine half of good quality has signed with us ...he will become a huge signing for us with all these kids coming through in next couple of years with a huge pack like ours exciting times ahead...just need Hasler next to mould a potentially premiership winning team...this is great news..go the dragons

Latest posts