What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i feel a win coming

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Well, like a fly in the ointment, I thought I'd step in amongst the kiwis and say
GO YOU BAGGY GREENS!

imported_bronco

Juniors
Australia 157/3 at lunch. Dissapointing session for the kiwis and they will struggle i feel to pick up the 7 remaining wickets now, one gets the feeling a draw is on the cards.

imported_bronco

Juniors
LOL, always the dreamer ozbash. If they crack the Waugh partnership early on after lunch things hopefully will flow into a positive session.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
emclock.gif
....ticking away.....

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Mark Waugh has just hit Vettori for six.
He's 86 and bro Steve is 12... really standing up now.
Aust 3 / 194 and looking in control but still a few hours to go.....

imported_bronco

Juniors
Didn't macca love taking that wicket? If only the NZ pacies had that fire in them today. Gotta give it to Cairns i've been digging to boot into his bowling performance this test but he did pick it up a bit in his spell after lunch and took a wicket.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Martyn bowled. Its tea.
Aust 5/244.
NZ will be takingthe new ballfor the final session.
Its in the balance.

O

ozbash

Cries of sub-standard umpiring following the drawn third cricket test in Perth.
Zimbabwe umpire Ian Robinson made at least two crucial blunders in Australia's favour on the final day.
Both Steve Waugh and Jason Gillespie were clearly out caught behind, but Robinson ruled them both not out.
Experts have labelled the Waugh decision as disgraceful with some commentators calling for Robinson to never umpire at test level again.
Black Caps skipper Stephen Fleming will not be drawn on the issue but, not surprisingly, Aussie captain Steve Waugh had no problems with the umpiring.
He says while some of the players may feel a little unlucky following the test, both umpires were consistent throughout the match and that is all you can ask of them.

imported_bronco

Juniors
Well it was a great first 4 days. New Zealand really played out of their skin and maybe Steve Waughs men might just take a lesson from this that playing down the opposition before a test match probably isn't the best thing because i'm sure their comments added some fuel to NZ's fire.

Great series from Fleming, he really has come of age as a captain, he looked a bit stale of ideas on the final day but the pitch really wasn't suiting the bowlers and i think some of his pacies let him down when he needed them to be able to bowl line and length.

Mr Roberts has some questions to answer. 4 Key incidents are stuck in my head. Justin Langer on 30 gloves it down the leg side into Parores gloves, not out. Justin Langer on 75, big nick down the leg side to Parore and hes given out but the delivery was a no ball from Cairns, he made up for his early mistake by another mistake. Steve Waugh gets a big nick on the ball and straight into parores gloves. The magnifier shows space between bat and ball but its very hard to tell because the nick could've been in between frames, the snick o metre showed a nick and it was obvious to the naked eye. Finally Jason Gillespie gets a clear glove down the leg side to Parore and its given not out. Theres no saying that NZ would've won but when your facing the world champions every decision has to be right and then your still going to struggle to win.

Its a pitty the last day had to end in controversy as it was a great test match and a great series.

Right now for NZ there are some worries. Our bowling lineup is once again effected with injury. Daniel Vettori has a serious problem with over stepping. Matthew Sinclair is seriously struggling with his lack of footwork and Matt Horne seems the only player fit to replace him.

Bring on the world series!

Latest posts