What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I HAD A DREAM!

alien

Referee
I had a very strange dream last night. It was of the 2024 Olympics. It was in... Los Angeles, and Donald Trump was the U.S. President. A lot of people were calling it the Trump America Olympics.

Shorty

Staff member
Lucky for the world Trump has muffed his chance at presidency and to my knowledge LA is likely out of the running.
Seems to be between Paris and some other euro country.

alien

Referee
Lucky for the world Trump has muffed his chance at presidency and to my knowledge LA is likely out of the running.
Seems to be between Paris and some other euro country.

Lol, I didn't even know Los Angeles were in the running for it. I just checked it out and found this very recent article which says they are still in the running.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/olympics/la-sp-oly-la2024-presentation-20160820-snap-story.html

P.S. Donald Trump won the latest poll. :D
General Election: Trump vs. Clinton LA Times/USC Clinton 43, Trump 45 Trump +2

Shorty

Staff member
Keep dreaming re Trump!
LA are officially in the running still but they're not the favourite.
Paris (cause it'd be 100 years since its 1924 Olympics and it wanted 2012) is the most likely.
Budapest is another darkhorse.

I don't think the USA gets it for a while.

alien

Referee
2s66nfc.jpg

I know people shouldn't stop living their lives but I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the Olympics in France.
Paris is also a shithole

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The Yanks need to wait a while and let other countries get their turn, they have had enough goes.

JJ

Immortal
He's right Paris is a dump. Probably my least favourite European city.
I dislike the French as much as anyone, but Paris isn't a dump... that's just silly... sure, it has unsavoury neighbourhoods, but any big city does

Paris is a brilliant city. I even found the French to be quite lovely people, especially when I made an effort to converse in French with them.

I can't reconcile the irony in Australians saying they don't like the French. They're exactly like alot of Australians, nationalist, protectionist and don't like anyone coming in and diluting their culture.

Pommy

Coach
I dislike the French as much as anyone, but Paris isn't a dump... that's just silly... sure, it has unsavoury neighbourhoods, but any big city does

It's not so much the French as Parisians. We spent NYE in Lille s few years ago and it was great.
I can't think of a single city in Europe I would wish to go to less than Paris.

I also had a dream that alien f**ked off to the US to pursue his lifelong dream of gobbing off the Trump and LU moved on in harmonious glory.

Shorty

Staff member
I know people shouldn't stop living their lives but I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the Olympics in France.
Paris is also a shithole
Same with the states, I think it'll get worse over there not better.

Budapest is a good candidate as Hungary is the only nation that hasn't hosted it that scores a large amount of medals.
But financially its a bit limited, you wonder how much longer the olympics will continue in this format.

Pommy

Coach
Rome. merkin of a joint.

See for me it's a toss up of Rome and London as my favourite city's in the world.
I would like to say Paris is my second least favourite city and promote Naples to the shitest.

Same with the states, I think it'll get worse over there not better.

Budapest is a good candidate as Hungary is the only nation that hasn't hosted it that scores a large amount of medals.
But financially its a bit limited, you wonder how much longer the olympics will continue in this format.

You can't have got the memo but Trump is going to make America great again.
Budapest is a brilliant candidate. It's where we got engaged. I reckon I could even talk her in to a return trip if it was hosted there.
I guess it will continue as long as they keep getting city's who which to host. I can't see it ending anytime soon.

See for me it's a toss up of Rome and London as my favourite city's in the world.
I would like to say Paris is my second least favourite city and promote Naples to the shitest.

Architecture and history in Rome is amazing, I suppose I see the Roman people the way a lot of people see Parisians.

Pommy

Coach
Architecture and history in Rome is amazing, I suppose I see the Roman people the way a lot of people see Parisians.

You have to be careful in Rome but the history in the place makes up for it as well as the food. Pizza or snails? It's not a hard choice.

Latest posts