What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Was Just Rejected At ANZ Stadium Homebush Tonight

alien

Referee
i'm not going to argue with you any longer pommy. you are either trolling and wasting my time, or you are very stupid

back to what this thread was supposed to be about: "st brett". if any of you people watch any of his videos, i warn you now, do NOT watch the one called "the sloppy cowboy"

p.s. i know ramraid will choose to ignore that warning

Pommy

Coach
i'm not going to argue with you any longer pommy. you are either trolling and wasting my time, or you are very stupid

back to what this thread was supposed to be about: "st brett". if any of you people watch any of his videos, i warn you now, do NOT watch the one called "the sloppy cowboy"

p.s. i know ramraid will choose to ignore that warning

Oh the irony.

Pommy

Coach
Can we all stop saying that these two are one person as Rabbitohs20 says its bullying and we've hurt his feelings.

Cockosh

Juniors
"You, yourself and alien" wtf???

i don't ignore every stat. all i said is you failed to mention that it was a thursday night game which DOES matter. monday and thursday night games are USUALLY not as good for attendances, although that thursday night attendance WAS good, so they DID show up. lets not talk about european soccer because i know they get bigger attendances than most nrl games. souths crowds aren't as crap as everyone else's because over the last 4 years they have been in the top 2 in sydney. maybe crap compared to european soccer but it's silly to compare to that. have a nice night :cool:

Me, myself and Irene was a Jim Carey movie about a guy with multiple personalities.

In all sincerity I didn't realise it was Thursday but think it's irrelevant given 6 months earlier a game involving your club set an all time attendance record which was also on a Thursday. Anyway let's agree to disagree. I actually agree that under normal circumstances Thursday's and Monday's are not the best for good crowds. My actual point was that there is no evidence to suggest souffs have more supported in Brisbane than any other club.

Pommy

Coach
Me, myself and Irene was a Jim Carey movie about a guy with multiple personalities.

In all sincerity I didn't realise it was Thursday but think it's irrelevant given 6 months earlier a game involving your club set an all time attendance record which was also on a Thursday. Anyway let's agree to disagree. I actually agree that under normal circumstances Thursday's and Monday's are not the best for good crowds. My actual point was that there is no evidence to suggest souffs have more supported in Brisbane than any other club.

Truth telling. I don't actually doubt they are better supported than other Sydney sides in Brisbane but you can't just start making figures up and say its the truth.

I certainly wouldn't rank Souths as the most supported Sydney team in Brisbane. More like
1. Dragons (not just coz they're my team)
2. Canterbury (always seem to have at least the most vocal contingent but never seen any merch in SEQ)
=3. Souths
=3. Manly
4. Parra

Not based on any facts. Just what I've seen n been told.

Dragons have a shit load of fans in SE QLD.

At most Broncos games it'll be 50/50 and I've seen them out number the Titans fans.

Dragons have a shit load of fans in SE QLD.

At most Broncos games it'll be 50/50 and I've seen them out number the Titans fans.

Not sure if it's entirely true but I spoke to an old bloke from Toowoomba once who said that the Dragons popularity in SEQ is due to increased interest in Sydney League radio broadcast coinciding with the 11 in a row. Could be complete garbage but makes sense to me.

Can't speak for all country NSW areas but in the parts I'm most familiar with (Young and Cowra) they're also by far the most popular there. Mind you, Souths are consistently popular in Koori communities and Newcastle #1 in all of the Hunter and most of New England (Canberra haven't really managed to claim the Southern Tablelands the same way the Knights have with their peripheral areas).

Beyond that, Parra is thr only other club with sustained and high levels of popularity outside of its heartland. .. maybe Manly at a stretch

t-ba

Post Whore
Having lived in Brisbane I can say without a shadow of a doubt that the Dragons are the biggest NSW side, no one comes close.

Not sure if it's entirely true but I spoke to an old bloke from Toowoomba once who said that the Dragons popularity in SEQ is due to increased interest in Sydney League radio broadcast coinciding with the 11 in a row. Could be complete garbage but makes sense to me.

Can't speak for all country NSW areas but in the parts I'm most familiar with (Young and Cowra) they're also by far the most popular there. Mind you, Souths are consistently popular in Koori communities and Newcastle #1 in all of the Hunter and most of New England (Canberra haven't really managed to claim the Southern Tablelands the same way the Knights have with their peripheral areas).

Beyond that, Parra is thr only other club with sustained and high levels of popularity outside of its heartland. .. maybe Manly at a stretch
Well most people just take their dads team as their own, so as St George would have a lot of new fans in the 50's and 60's and it's just passed on. Combine that with their merge and they would have got the majority of the Illawarra fans as well.

alien

Referee
so how do you determine who the biggest sydney clubs are? average crowd attendences is one way. the number of memberships would come into it too because it includes the supporters from outside sydney. souths, parra, dogs are the 3 biggest clubs in sydney now imo

Cockosh

Juniors
I agree with those 3 clubs but you cannot leave Saints out of that discussion. It's difficult to know exactly who the biggest club is but average attendance and membership to a lesser extend are the best indicators. Saints are disadvantaged as they have split their home games over several stadia making it more difficult to attend all home games or to get value for money from memberships compared to the 3 clubs mentioned. Anecdotally there appear to be just as many annoying dragons fans as those from the other 3 clubs lol.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Purely guesswork and my observations but support for Sydney clubs nationwide I'd say

1. Saints
2. Souths
3. Dogs

Fairly large drop:
4. Tigers
5. Roosters
6. Eels
7. Manly

Drop again:
8. Panthers
9. Sharks

My family is all from the country. Out there by far the majority support the traditional sides, obviously a generational thing.

Pommy

Coach
Currently sat in the SFS and the floor, walls and seats seem to be adequate. Half an hour until SFC v CCM kicks off and it already feels more vibrant than than an average NRL game at ANZ.

Cockosh

Juniors
Currently sat in the SFS and the floor, walls and seats seem to be adequate. Half an hour until SFC v CCM kicks off and it already feels more vibrant than than an average NRL game at ANZ.

How's the merchandise stand?

Latest posts