What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Cronk joins the Roosters, the 2018 competition is over before it starts

JJ

Immortal
Had a below average game behind a beaten pack but he's probably been one of our two best players this year in an inconsistent side.

He's been in our top 3 in every win.
your pack is going to get beaten up a bit, I reckon

adamkungl

Immortal
Every team who pays their players is trying to buy a comp geniuses.
That's literally the aim of the game.

JJ

Immortal
Because all premiership attempts are decided by round 6?

They're 3-3 mate, not 0-6.
Yep, sure - but to be fair we're noting the good signs at the Warriors etc

Terrible signs at the Roosters - their forwards are just rubbish, they've been belted by Souths and the Warriors - they cowboyed up against the Sharks, but the Sharks weren't great but were still punching holes pretty easily

Friend looks either done, or really struggling - JWH remains a myth imo, SST isn't really a prop, they just look so vulnerable to any pack that attacks them with power

Remember Souths were without their so called 'heart and soul' big Sammy, the Warriors were without Johnson and Mannering - so not only did they get toweled it was by (IMO) two middle of the road teams missing their best players

Plus, Albert's just funny

Been saying it for a while but when the roosters got out the cheque book last year and bought Cronk and Tedesco, they really should have got it out for a couple of decent forwards. Their halves and back line were about an 8 out of 10 and they spent two million dollars taking it to a 9 out of 10.

Last year their pack was about a 6 out of 10 and it's lucky to be a 4 now.

Crichton will make a small difference when he goes over next year but they probably need to go after at least 3 more decent forwards and that should include two hard arsed props. Napa and JWH are myths.

Problem is.... They've paid Crichton near enough to $1 mill, so any decent forwards looking for a new club next year are going to be expecting that sort of money. The types of players who probably really could make a difference to them will probably be seeking more than that.

Once they sort out the engine room, they need to find a half decent hooker. Friend is barely NSW cup standard.

2141 fella

Juniors
The Roosters are a champion side on paper which has not yet clicked on field every game. Give them time.
“Give them time” lolol
Cronk and teddy are amongst the “best” in their positions.
5 weeks is far too long to keep enabling their ordinary form.
Lol@roosters. Bahahaha. Souff sinney. FMD.
“The season is over before it started” Bahahaha 3 and 3

Griffoshark66

First Grade
When their “enforcers” Napa and JWH hide all game I can’t see it happening

Ffs you can have an origin studded backline but you can’t win games without forwards. The price to pay when you go all out on a halfback and fullback
Napa is seriously overrated. The moment they banned the shoulder charge was the end of his career. He's a cat.

This Year?

Immortal
whenever her image appears on the screen, i spontaneously ejaculate. i cannot help it.

she is a love grenade in my scrotum.

i actually hold her image over the missus when i'm having a swift knee-trembler.

jocelyn gets me.

giphy.gif

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Yep, sure - but to be fair we're noting the good signs at the Warriors etc

Terrible signs at the Roosters - their forwards are just rubbish, they've been belted by Souths and the Warriors - they cowboyed up against the Sharks, but the Sharks weren't great but were still punching holes pretty easily

Friend looks either done, or really struggling - JWH remains a myth imo, SST isn't really a prop, they just look so vulnerable to any pack that attacks them with power

Remember Souths were without their so called 'heart and soul' big Sammy, the Warriors were without Johnson and Mannering - so not only did they get toweled it was by (IMO) two middle of the road teams missing their best players

Plus, Albert's just funny

Yeah, true. Their forwards are the issue, they're not what you base a premiership around. They've fallen into the trap we fell into for years, buying whatever star quality was available for top price even when those positions aren't the ones you're sorely lacking in.