What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IF, Dugan Leaves, Who should be his Fullback replacement?

IF, Dugan Leaves, Who should be his Fullback replacement?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red V for life

Juniors
Michael Gordon as a stop gap on the proviso either Dufty or Field are seen as our long-term prospects (plus he can kick goals).

Otherwise, Latrell Mitchell (not that I see him going anywhere).

Barba...a talent no doubt but I have no confidence he would toe the line and not be a divisive influence.

The one thing we seem to have ATM is unity on the field. Not worth stuffing around with for mine.

St Georgio

Juniors
I would go for Hayne for a short term 2 years, this suits his dream of a premiership and our dream, then he can move on to his next dream this guy is worth a million a year, running of Widdop and Hunt would be awesome to see, then Field will be ready to fill his shoes.

possm

Coach
If we are serious about progressing our build up, we should recruit a top line fullback to replace Dugan; like for like or better. We should also do the same for Packer's replacement.

If we don't have the cap to do this for some reason, we should be testing Dufty and Field at fullback this year. Dugan to right centre or if he wants, let him leave prior to June 30.

possm

Coach
I would go for Hayne for a short term 2 years, this suits his dream of a premiership and our dream, then he can move on to his next dream this guy is worth a million a year, running of Widdop and Hunt would be awesome to see, then Field will be ready to fill his shoes.
I agree with you however, there doesn't seem to be much support for Hayne on this forum. I do know that the Club made contact with him prior to his eventual signing with Titans.

MilanDragon

Juniors
I'd be comfortable with giving Dufty or Field first go at it.

Ideally what I'd love is for one of them to go there the rest of this year but that potentially derails this season.

One of the other problems is Mary is coaching for an extension. If the club was to re-appoint him then he'd have more reasons to slot one of Field/Dufty straight in for short term pain but potential long term gain.

If he isn't extended then he is best off for his own future sticking with Dugan to get the best possible outcomes for this season, which goes on his resume.

possm

Coach
I'd be comfortable with giving Dufty or Field first go at it.

Ideally what I'd love is for one of them to go there the rest of this year but that potentially derails this season.

One of the other problems is Mary is coaching for an extension. If the club was to re-appoint him then he'd have more reasons to slot one of Field/Dufty straight in for short term pain but potential long term gain.

If he isn't extended then he is best off for his own future sticking with Dugan to get the best possible outcomes for this season, which goes on his resume.
Mary's job is to coach the team and get the best results for the Club not for himself. The Club needs to announce the name of the new coach for 2018. Then depending on Mary's attitude towards grooming Dufty/Field, either let him go or carry on with developing the team.

MilanDragon

Juniors
Mary's job is to coach the team and get the best results for the Club not for himself. The Club needs to announce the name of the new coach for 2018. Then depending on Mary's attitude towards grooming Dufty/Field, either let him go or carry on with developing the team.

Yea his job is to get the best results for the club.. which in turn is the best results for him. But the question is what is the best result for the club??

Top 4/6/8 this year? Or potentially top 4/6/8 for coming years with a poor finish for this season.

At the end of the day which coach who is fighting for a contract/extension would go for option 2 and sacrifice their defining season for long term gain of a club who you may not even be with next year. I'm not saying having that mindset is right or wrong but it's definitely reality.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
Ben Barba, we should be going for the premiership next year not yet another year of laying a platform for the future, We haven't been a legitimate chance for the premiership in 6 years.

If Dufty or Field are going to be the fullback for us next year put them in right now and when Dugan gets back have him slot in Aitkens spot.

This club is in a perennial state of "rebuilding"....

Latest posts