What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

if kearney continues the losing run....how long do we give him?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Round 6 too early if they haven't shoulder-tapped someone else, which they haven't. I'd say mid-season at best, if they start horribly - and only if a Maguire etc is available. No way they can axe Kearney in round 6 and appoint the bum he took over from, or Stacey Jones (sorry Mr Angry he's not an NRL coach's bumhole. Actually that's all he'll ever be appointed to be..)

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
i'd say if he hasn't had some decent results by round 6 he's gone....
From the outset Kearney had stated it would be a 3 year process. We would be halfway through the '3 year process' in 6 months. If were losing badly then thats when it gets interesting as to what the management does. I would bet on him staying on throughout this season even if we have our worst season ever.

I'd say they start talking to people between round 6-15 if we losing more than winning or RTS says he looking at moving on.
We can't be stupid enough to sack another one mid or early season.
Can we?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I'd say they start talking to people between round 6-15 if we losing more than winning or RTS says he looking at moving on.
We can't be stupid enough to sack another one mid or early season.
Can we?

If Maguire was available and said he'd come, then it would be a wise move. He's obviously a massive upgrade on Kearney. My only worry would be that Madge won at Souths with a huge pack, one we don't have. But he's one of the ones who worked under Bellamy or Bennett and actually translated that into success, unlike Kearney or Kidwell.

Diesel

Referee
Media will be spectulating from round 1 if we lose, and it won’t stop from there.

I really hope he succeeds but after 2017 I don’t hold much hope

Give him to the end of the season and have someone of worth lined up. We have some options don't we? Madge, Hasler, Bellamy lol i know won't happen jesus 2018 is a defining year for the club get ready for that bumpy ride...

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Media will be spectulating from round 1 if we lose, and it won’t stop from there.

I really hope he succeeds but after 2017 I don’t hold much hope

You can guarantee they'll be speculating. That's what they do.

Of first six games, really can't see us winning any of the away games. Titans, that's already a must-win. If we lose that, it's panic stations straight away. Hell, we had the draw from heaven last year and didn't win many.

Hang on people, it's a bumpy ride for sure...

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
If we drop the firstl 5, then Kearney will be packing his bags. If we're still winning a few but looking rubbish, then mid-season is a possibility, end of season for sure.

The problem with end of seasons sackings is it causes a bottleneck down through the club with regards to recruitment. Players want to find out who the coach is and players the club want to resign eg RTS wont want to drag negotiations forever

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
If we drop the firstl 5, then Kearney will be packing his bags. If we're still winning a few but looking rubbish, then mid-season is a possibility, end of season for sure.

I don't believe that would happen. They'd have to be shoulder-tapping coaches already. But I don't know Cameron George, maybe he has sounded out Maguire's manager? I don't know how the world of NRL clubs go and whether that has a chance of happening. If not, there's no chance they let Stacey head coach from round 5. It would be a circus.

Maybe end of the year, if we don't just miss out on/make the 8. That follows on from R&S's very good point that we already have recruiting issues, another coaching merry-go-round will only make it worse.

legs 11

Juniors
The problem with end of seasons sackings is it causes a bottleneck down through the club with regards to recruitment. Players want to find out who the coach is and players the club want to resign eg RTS wont want to drag negotiations forever

i cant see how keeping a losing coach on would make any difference to recruitment or retention. If anything even an unknown but new coach might help with both.
I say send him on his way if theres no success at round 6.....then rebrand the whole club 2018, base the nz team somewhere else or share games at auck wgtn chch

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
If Kata/Maumalo are named round 1 I'll give up on him right there and then.

We will never be able to defend while Kata continues to give up tries.

And Maumalo just has no buisness on the wing. None whatsoever.
Yeah I've seen their 'shit' as the left edge pairing too many times now and instead of trying to cement their jerseys, they end up cementing in my head how shit they are. We've seen indiVIDUAL brilliance from these two but I'm not sure if you can remember it because its buried under this abundance of lacklustre cohesion between the two. More bad than good.