What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If the Bunnies make the GF...

ed-grimley

Bench
...I hope it's a level playing field for both teams - not like in '14 when the NRL turned it into a Southsfest and the Dogs looked like they were merely making up the numbers.

Haffa

If they don’t it could be like 2013 where the crowd was 30% roosters 30% Manly 10% Nuetral along with the 30% Souffs fans who purchased early thinking they were in.

Galeforce

Bench
...I hope it's a level playing field for both teams - not like in '14 when the NRL turned it into a Southsfest and the Dogs looked like they were merely making up the numbers.

long way before the grand finalists are resolved .......at the moment any one of the top 8 have potential to get onto a 3/4 game winning streak.

As for your observation on 2014 ,

Perhaps there was greater media interest in Souths because 1) they had more compelling form than Bulldogs 2) the fact they had not been to or won a grand final for over 40 years.........

Go forward to 2018 , Souths have won a grand final recently , so this is no longer a storyline.

If souths make the Grand final , the storylines
1) Souths vs Roosters ---I think this will be the first time they have played in a grand final.......definitely none after 1950-- legendary tribal hatred
2) Souths vs Storm - ditto , first grand final meeting.........Master vs former assistant coach, Smith vs Cook , battle of the hookers
3) Souths vs Brisbane/Panthers/Sharks first grand final meetings
4) Souths vs Saints -- historical grand final battles set for repeat

Lambretta

First Grade
If they don’t it could be like 2013 where the crowd was 30% roosters 30% Manly 10% Nuetral along with the 30% Souffs fans who purchased early thinking they were in.

I was at that game - there is no bloody way the Roosters only had 30% of the crowd
It must have been at least 30.01% ya cheeky sod

Lambretta

First Grade

Well, seeing as they'd stage managed the whole season to ensure it happened it was the least they could do

I wonder when the movie "Souths, a true underdog story" will be made?
Rusty to play Sam in the role he has always dreamed of...............
Sponsored by Kleenex..... probably

Peet

Juniors
Stupid GF ticket sale options - should only sell tickets after both particpating sides are known

SBD82

Coach
Stupid GF ticket sale options - should only sell tickets after both particpating sides are known
I don't think you've thought this through. The crowd that attends the gf is also made up of corporate hospitality, as well as people who simply love rugby league.

They already hold tickets for the fans of the clubs when the gf teams are decided, at least they did last time my team made the big one.

thorson1987

Coach
I don't think you've thought this through. The crowd that attends the gf is also made up of corporate hospitality, as well as people who simply love rugby league.

They already hold tickets for the fans of the clubs when the gf teams are decided, at least they did last time my team made the big one.

Still do. 10,000 for each club in fact.

And as you said, you get shitloads of people who attend it because of the event, and it is great to go when you have no side in it.

Exsilium

First Grade
They’ll play Penrith who will beat them and Ciraldo will be hailed a hero and Griffin will be left out of celebrations.

Lambretta

First Grade
Still do. 10,000 for each club in fact.

And as you said, you get shitloads of people who attend it because of the event, and it is great to go when you have no side in it.

In 2010 our allocation was 6,000 after we knew we were told we were going to be losing to St George in the Final

Same in 2013

But they may have allocated us less as we don't have any fans

yobbo84

First Grade
The allocation is somewhere around 7k per side I believe. In 2014 Souths sold out in under a minute - don't wait for them unless you want to camp out in front of ticketek.

I bought tickets in 2012-2014. Sold them in 2012 and 2013 because I had the sh*ts at my team not making it, but now that I've finally witnessed a premiership I'll keep my tickets this year and attend the day regardless. Unless it's Storm vs Roosters. Then I might have to re-assess :p

Someguy

First Grade

Going by the last few weeks, Sam is the new refs boss so fat chance on it being fair