What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If we get beaten up today what next?

Ljack77777

Juniors
If we dont turn up tonight then mary has lost his players .. all the dugan stuff wouldnt help but im confident we will put in and last week will be forgotten real quick. aitken to have a blinder go the dragons!!

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Rein is at the pennies you can support him there if you like,

And, pass up 40-years supporting the Dragons on your 'say so'?

Pass.

Isn't this where your ilk demonises others by saying "you're not a true supporter" for obstinately refusing to toe sycophantic rhetoric?

Pass once more.

Pardon the irony and piss weak attempt at humour.

Ted bartolo

Juniors
I will always support the dragons.But the last six years of price and McGregor coaching is not right.nothing will change until McGregor and doust are sacked.Feel sorry for the players and supporters

Crazy talk. If we lose round 3 we move onto round 4 like every other club in the competition. Do you think tigers are saying where do we go to if we get flogged by the raiders?
Its round 3 and we are 1 win 1 loss. Honestly. You would think that we are 0/8.
And

3 games wouldn't be a problem if our last 5 years weren't such a total farce.

Straight Shooter

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Here's some interesting stats for everyone:

Finals appearances since 2011:

Storm and Cowboys - 6
Bulldogs and Broncos - 5
Manly, Rabbits and Sharks - 4
Roosters - 3
Dragons, Knights, Panthers and Raiders - 2
Tigers, Warriors and Titans - 1
Eels - 0

We can understand the acceptance of mediocrity from this cant we!
With 7 teams either equal or below us in playing finals footy, is this the hat the board is pinning its hopes on that we are no worse than other clubs performances? No wonder McGregor is so proud of the "we made the finals in 2015!"
Geez the Eels have been travelling poorly haven't they?

ALSGI

Bench
Here's some interesting stats for everyone:

Finals appearances since 2011:

Storm and Cowboys - 6
Bulldogs and Broncos - 5
Manly, Rabbits and Sharks - 4
Roosters - 3
Dragons, Knights, Panthers and Raiders - 2
Tigers, Warriors and Titans - 1
Eels - 0

We can understand the acceptance of mediocrity from this cant we!
With 7 teams either equal or below us in playing finals footy, is this the hat the board is pinning its hopes on that we are no worse than other clubs performances? No wonder McGregor is so proud of the "we made the finals in 2015!"
Geez the Eels have been travelling poorly haven't they?
Dragonslayer
Mate you've missed McJetski's main point.
Unlike the other 7 clubs who have made the finals only once since 2011, Mcgenius got us into an 'extra time' final.
Don't anyone ever forget that.
Lol

Slackboy72

Coach
So if we lose badly today as I have a feeling we will then changes have to be made instead of excuses.
Luciano, Milne, Mann must be in 17 and most likely to be worst performers Aitken, Lafai and McCrone and possibly (even though unlikely ) Nightingale out.
Sick of watching same boring squad play same boring brand of embarrassing footy.
Please team make me eat my words today.

You'll have to come back next week if you're looking for a L... apart from the one you're holding.

Crush

Coach
The boys looked pretty up for that game. They won on pure aggression and determination. Someone is doing something right at the club.

Rocket Rod

Juniors
Ok I started this thread and yes I will eat my words. We did show some courage and determination to hang in there in the second half.
The players I thought that would let us down went well e.g Aitken, Lafai, although McCrone has to go. He is a liability which we cannot afford with his shocking kicking giving up any advantage we had in their half sand putting us constantly on the back foot.
Surely Mann must come into the halves next week and Luciano on the bench and McCrone OUT.
Overall I thought it was a tough win and very happy to eat my words.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I wish McGregor would give a Mann a 'shot' in the halves.

We all know he won't though.

I'm curious what other people thought how Widdop went today?

Bench
Apart from the big win, it was a pleasure to see Gallin and Fifita hammered by our forwards. We have one of the packs going around

Drakon

Juniors

I thought Widdop went OK. Not great but OK. He's played well lately. Can't star very game.

Dragonslayer

First Grade

He's definitely playing much better football, taking on the line, improved passing and general kicking is ok. Still makes errors but after 2 or so years he's probably only just regaining some confidence, particularly behind a go forward pack. Haven't even notice much crabbing across field.
Let's hope his form continues to improve.