What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting Issues

Rob Dragon

Juniors
There would appear to be three avenues to effect change.

1. A submission to ASIC regarding dereliction of directors duties. It is difficult to obtain financial information however given the business is not a PLC;

2. Apply on mass for membership and force a change by sheer wait of numbers at the appropriate board meeting (this is a people power push strategy);

3. The best method however would be get a team of Red V members to directly approach Mark Coyne to discuss the future direction of the club. Mark is the CEO of a large multinational Workers Compensation entity and he has accepted a position within the football club to accelerate the change process.

The team we would need to lead these discussions would need to consist of enough qualified supporters to ensure we are taken seriously because it is too easy for the current board to dismiss us as a bunch of rag-tag morons. Rest assured that there are many Red V supporters eminently more professionally qualified then Peter Doust to enter into and lead these discussions.

Of course a mass boycott of games and the purchase of merchandise until effective change is evident will also have an impact.

Finally, a direct appeal to Peter Doust.

Peter, I am sure you have tried your hardest these last 5 years or so; however all good men must come to a time in their lives when they understand that a new man is necessary to take the ship forward. This time has come for you.
It is now time for you to gracefully tender your resignation and allow this great club to undergo the necessary repair that is so urgently needed.

Peter, thank you, good luck and goodbye.

Yours sincerely
All of us

Reactions: Qdf

Qdf

Juniors
I will. I have no experience or knowledge of organizing coups. But in the spirit of dragons' coaching appointments, I feel that I am eminently qualified.
Ok Carlton,
What's the next step to get this delegation together. Rob Dragon,sounds like he maybe appropriately credentialed.
Please let us know how we can support this must do task.

Old Timer

Coach
Rob
The financials are available to the public every year in a detailed report.
Mass membership will require a 3 year strategy and in between time they could easily effect a change in the constitution to counter that.
Running a club poorly is not an issue for ASIC where trading insolvent or doing illegal things certainly is.
There is no indication of us being insolvent and whilst some think that the management is poor, out of touch, outdated etc there is no law against them being that way and it all reverts to a membership vote as to who you want to run the place.
Great that some people think about this, but don't be naive enough to think that they too have not thought this through and will run significant counter measures.

Qdf

Juniors
Rob
Mass membership will require a 3 year strategy and in between time they could easily effect a change in the constitution to counter that.
Running a club poorly is not an issue for ASIC where trading insolvent or doing illegal things certainly is.
There is no indication of us being insolvent and whilst some think that the management is poor, out of touch, outdated etc there is no law against them being that way and it all reverts to a membership vote as to who you want to run the place.
Great that some people think about this, but don't be naive enough to think that they too have not thought this through and will run significant counter measures.
OT,
Thanks for your input, the more we get the better the understanding..

Old Timer

Coach
Lots of stuff written about the club, many different threads, some here and in JA, some in the paper etc etc

A few groups have tried to get interest or do things and it normally all falls in heap for a range of issues.
1. Who is the spokesperson and why should it be that person.
2. Differing agendas
3. Too many personalities

Having thought long and hard about this it really all comes down to a few simple things.
1. Are we happy with the BOD and senior management.
2. Are we happy with on field performance.
3. Are we happy with coaching staff and the manner of appointment.

Thinking outside the square if a public meeting was held at a venue and there were in fact no people putting motions or talking to particular motions just keep it simple.

The people arrive at the arranged time and the heads are counted.
If the points I have put above or similar are the issues then you have a simple vote with no discussion as to why or how because those discussions is what f**ks all these things up and creates the division.

After the votes are taken the findings are delivered to the BOD and the press if they are interested.

Now here is the key
How many bums on seats do you really think you will get and how many bums on seats do you think it will take for any notice to be taken of it?
If it turns out rag tag the BOD win convincingly and we are all dismissed as rabble and a few malcontents.

Carlton

Juniors
Rob

I agree, the only area I am still not 100% convinced is regarding some sort of legal/regulatory action against the directors. Part of the problem is that the leagues club is separate to the football club but the directors of the football are not elected they are appointed by the leagues club. I know its drawing a long bow but the directors of an association are legally obliged to run the association in accordance with its constitution and I believe their actions are marginal.

Another area I was thinking about is some sort of consumer action as eg. false and misleading statements, not supplying the product described etc.

Carlton

Juniors
Lots of stuff written about the club, many different threads, some here and in JA, some in the paper etc etc

A few groups have tried to get interest or do things and it normally all falls in heap for a range of issues.
1. Who is the spokesperson and why should it be that person.
2. Differing agendas
3. Too many personalities

Having thought long and hard about this it really all comes down to a few simple things.
1. Are we happy with the BOD and senior management.
2. Are we happy with on field performance.
3. Are we happy with coaching staff and the manner of appointment.

Thinking outside the square if a public meeting was held at a venue and there were in fact no people putting motions or talking to particular motions just keep it simple.

The people arrive at the arranged time and the heads are counted.
If the points I have put above or similar are the issues then you have a simple vote with no discussion as to why or how because those discussions is what f**ks all these things up and creates the division.

After the votes are taken the findings are delivered to the BOD and the press if they are interested.

Now here is the key
How many bums on seats do you really think you will get and how many bums on seats do you think it will take for any notice to be taken of it?
If it turns out rag tag the BOD win convincingly and we are all dismissed as rabble and a few malcontents.

If there is no legal/regulatory action that can be taken then the only option is to rally the troops. You are spot on, one very clear simple agenda and in numbers.

You are right, the option of joining the leagues as a new member is not realistic as it takes too long to be in a position to vote. Too much damage can be done in the meantime, the constitution could be changed again or some unfavourable arrangement made with the NRL.

Reactions: Qdf

Latest posts