What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting team v the Rooters

tiger_nick

Bench
Just spoke to a player and it was like this: Hodgo, moodie, elford, halatau, duffy, fitzy, prince, laffranchi, mears, skando, graham, o'neil, satts (c) bench daz, payten, gibbs, galea

CULLUS.ONLINE

Juniors
Wilson copped it!

But Graham has been rewarded with his highly critised GOOD preformance on friday.

Team looks good.
my 2 cents

super_coach

First Grade
looks a good defensive outfit--but dont see much in attack.obvious its up the middle we are going to take on the chooks.worked pretty well last week,so who knows--i know i sound like a broken record,but i would have liked to see farah and sentre and not meers

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Nick spot on a hell of alot of power of the bench is all I can say!!!!

Brett Hodgson, Jason Moodie, Dene Halatau, Shane Elford, Luke Duffy, Daniel Fitzhenry, Scott Prince, Anthony Laffranchi, Robbie Mears, John Skandalis, Nick Graham, Mark O'Neill, Scott Sattler (c). Interchange: Darren Senter, Bryce Gibbs, Ben Galea, Todd Payten, Jeff Lima

Mighty Tiger

Bench
I think the biggest decision with the side to be honest is who the (c) is next too, surely you would think if Senter was right to play then he would be able to start in front of Mears :?

G'day everyone first timer here. I think the side this weekend is the strongest side we have had all season and the only players that will be available in the short term are Benji and the likes of Farah and Harrison. It is certainly good to have some size in the forwards on the bench as we are going to need plenty of go forward to get over the roosters pack. I think Lester is going to be a target all game and hopefully Prince has his kicking game together cause Moodie will be outleaping Lester all game.

brook

First Grade
I'm very happy with that side

will be interesting to see who drops off the bench - my guess is that it'll probably be lima, I'd say he's there in case skando doesn't get through the city/country ok.

Bronson is a great talent but didn't deserve a spot before any of the other guys named - his class will show through eventually but in the meantime a little more time in first division wont hurt him.

Great to see Payton and Dazza back and I think dropping wilson was the right move, his form has been poor, hopefully some time with Balmain will help him get back to the same player he was last year.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Albo said:
Cant belive this 3 props and a forward on the bench

This cant be right

Actually if you look at the side properly you will notice that the 1st 4 mentioned are a Hooker/Backrower, Prop, Backrow/58th, Prop with Lima a reserve probably for Skando if he dosn't pull through after the C V C game

simon says

First Grade
I like that side too.Bronson definitely needs more time in PL IMHO.Im a big fan of the Halatau in the centres.I always thought he was wasted playing backrow.He will love the extra room to run some angles off Princey.

And what a beefy bench.Great to see Payten and Dazz back.

Its about the best side I think with the players fit.All we need now is Benji and Richards back and we will have what I believe to be our strongest side.......

tiger_nick

Bench
How good is it for once we have to leave good players out instead of going through the lower grades looking for someone to bring up!

brook

First Grade
tiger_nick said:
How good is it for once we have to leave good players out instead of going through the lower grades looking for someone to bring up!

Its a good feeling alright :D

gr8_1

Juniors
With Senter back I wonder if we have seen the last of Farah for this year. In the longrun he will be our number one hooker. Hope he gets a game again though this year.

The pressure is on the starting back rowers now, all the forwards are available for selection. Nothing like competition for positions to make a player lift.

I just pray for no injuries to our city representatives. If we play anywhere near our best and out enthuse the roosters we will be in the game until the 80th minute. The roosters didnt have to work hard in defence last week because the raiders threw nothing at them. I've been pretty happy with our defence this year so hopefully the boys get some attacking plays together and target the likes of Finch and Fittler in defence so they are not as lethal in attack as they will be buggered. What is against us is the return of wing and the likely return of Fitzgibbon which only strengthens their team. Anyway bring it on should be a cracker of a contest. CANT WAIT FOR THE FORWARD BATTLE. My Tip Tiges by 2

Yeah nothing like having some depth and competition for positions. I think we have had more than our fair share of injuries and to still be on the fringe of the 8 i'm pretty happy with. Can't wait for the return of Benji and hopefully we see Pat Richards if we make the finals

HappyTiger

Juniors
Personally i wouldnt mind seeing Payten drop back and spend a week in PL.He'll be up for this weeks game but his fitness is a concern only playing once in 8 rounds so far this year.

yappy

Bench
Why is a second rower selected to start at prop? :roll: :roll:

Apart from that at least Sheens seems to be getting over the 4 small utilities on the bench disease.