What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting team v the Rooters

Gobbso

Juniors
Yeah, i'm not liking Boof at Prop. I would have started Gibbs again. The kid has no fear, and does go forward. Payten will had a bit of size, like others i would have like to have seen Lima get a definite start on the bench. He's been good for Wests Tigers, and add's much needed the size to the very small pack we do boast. I'm also glad to still see Mears there as well. He does not deserve to become a sacrifical lamb for Senter. He's been in fine form.

innsaneink

Referee
Are they the official teams and if so which one is correct, the one with Lima or the one without?

I like Halatau there...like the way he runs, straight, fast, and hits hard.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
I like the team. I'm a fan of Wilson, but he's been disappointing this season unfortunately; much like he was up until half way through last year, then was on fire.

I like those forwards. Skando, Laffrachi, Payten, Gibbs, Lima... we have choice finally!!

tiger_nick

Bench
tiger pride said:
I like the team. I'm a fan of Wilson, but he's been disappointing this season unfortunately; much like he was up until half way through last year, then was on fire.

I like those forwards. Skando, Laffrachi, Payten, Gibbs, Lima... we have choice finally!!

Can't wait to see Gibbs and /or Lima up against Morley/Croker!

bonstonker

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Are they the official teams and if so which one is correct, the one with Lima or the one without?

i would say lima is there in case skando is injured friday night.

as for the team,it is close to the team i wanted,the only real difference is there are too many hookers.we came within a whisker of beating the premiers last week with only 1 and we also beat the roosters last year with just senter.

our biggest wins last year were against the ,knights,dogs,broncos and roosters and they were all played with either senter or mears,not both.
anyone else see a pattern?
so why the f**k go back to 2 hookers,it doesn't f**king work.

and if you feel stupid enough to play 2 hookers,at least make farah one of them for f**k sake.

mears replaced by heigo or lima would of made me really happy. :lol:

brook

First Grade
bonstonker said:
innsaneink said:

i would say lima is there in case skando is injured friday night.

as for the team,it is close to the team i wanted,the only real difference is there are too many hookers.we came within a whisker of beating the premiers last week with only 1 and we also beat the roosters last year with just senter.

our biggest wins last year were against the ,knights,dogs,broncos and roosters and they were all played with either senter or mears,not both.
anyone else see a pattern?
so why the f**k go back to 2 hookers,it doesn't f***ing work.

and if you feel stupid enough to play 2 hookers,at least make farah one of them for f**k sake.

mears replaced by heigo or lima would of made me really happy. :lol:

yeah I tend to agree

but I'm not going to whinge too much - at least there could be an argument that dazza is on the bench as a back rower I guess

mikey

Juniors
I think it's a very strong team. while it's a shame the young guys are going back to the lower grades, they know their time will come next year.

I don't see anything wrong with having two hookers - in fact, I think it gives us more flexibility and a fresh set of legs from three players (Fitzhenry included) to make yards up the middle at crucial points of the match.

yappy

Bench
You don't have two hookers you have four. That is total overkill. With Fitz and Galea in the side you have more than enough dangerous options out of dummy half.

If Sheens wants Hollywood, then just damn well select him. If he's a question mark then give him a week in Premiers. The best selection would have been either Mears or Senter starting, and the other in Premiers. Payton and Gibbs starting with Lima and Skando on the bench to give the big guy a slightly easier week. And Boof either starting as a back rower or on the bench.

Harrison or Covell as emergencies if either of the reps don't make it up either as back rowers or outside backs. Duff would slot into the 1 and Boof up front if Skando can't back up.

brook

First Grade
yappy said:
If he's a question mark then give him a week in Premiers.

I gotta admit - a big part of me was hoping there was a question mark ;-)

Hey yappy, completely off-topic but you haven't got hold of the city firsts side through anyone at the pies have you? I can't find it anywhere and given both balmain and wests have possible reps (if covell is eligible?) I'd really like to know

innsaneink

Referee
brook said:
yappy said:
If he's a question mark then give him a week in Premiers.

I gotta admit - a big part of me was hoping there was a question mark ;-)

Hey yappy, completely off-topic but you haven't got hold of the city firsts side through anyone at the pies have you? I can't find it anywhere and given both balmain and wests have possible reps (if covell is eligible?) I'd really like to know

What is city/country firsts? Minor reps for P Leaguers?...are they country origin players in reggies or actual country players from the bush?
Whats the requierements/criteria?

I remember they had 2nd's years back....but they were drawn from first grade as well...with the bushies from the bush. The main was city origin /country origin.

Brook said:
but I'm not going to whinge too much - at least there could be an argument that dazza is on the bench as a back rower I guess
I agree as well and think its not such a bad idea.

brook

First Grade
yeah it's picked out of the PL comp for city vs CRL players for the country team, I think covell would have to be a decent chance (if players who have played first grade are still eligible) along with Jaime Small for Balmain

I'm starting to wonder if its even on this year given the fact that it seems impossible to even find a mention of it let alone the teams but it was slated to be the warm-up match for city-country earlier in the year and I can't actually think why that would change.

Most likely the reason I can't find anything is because the NSWRL doesn't have a clue about self promotion

Mad Tiger

Juniors
Gobbso said:
Yeah, i'm not liking Boof at Prop. I would have started Gibbs again. The kid has no fear, and does go forward. Payten will had a bit of size, like others i would have like to have seen Lima get a definite start on the bench. He's been good for Wests Tigers, and add's much needed the size to the very small pack we do boast. I'm also glad to still see Mears there as well. He does not deserve to become a sacrifical lamb for Senter. He's been in fine form.
The reason that bryce won't start now is that he doesn't like it...He gets way to nervous whereas when he's off the bench he is ok, this has come from the man himself....

Tigerpete

Juniors
Im liking this weeks team purely on the fact its by far and away our strongest forward pack of the season. That gives me some confidence for the weeks ahead.

RifRaf

Juniors
brook said:
I'm very happy with that side

will be interesting to see who drops off the bench - my guess is that it'll probably be lima, I'd say he's there in case skando doesn't get through the city/country ok.

Bronson is a great talent but didn't deserve a spot before any of the other guys named - his class will show through eventually but in the meantime a little more time in first division wont hurt him.

Great to see Payton and Dazza back and I think dropping wilson was the right move, his form has been poor, hopefully some time with Balmain will help him get back to the same player he was last year.
Don't be so sure Brook I reckon especially if Skando has a lot of game time we'd be very silly heading into a match with a half buggered skando and a game time unfit Payten... Payten still a poss to drop off for mine..

BJ

Juniors
if you look at the paper today there are no jersey 18 and 19 named..
i guess they are waiting to see if players are fit enough to come back as well as if skando and hodgo will be backing up after city/country..