What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intrust Super Cup (ISC) on channel 9 in 2012

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.facebook.com/LeagueWeek/posts/331676266873623

Rugby League Week
RLW FACEBOOK SCOOP: Channel Nine has won the right to broadcast Intrust Super Cup (ISC) matches in 2012 after winning the battle with the ABC for broadcast rights. Nine will screen the match of the round on Sunday afternoons at 2pm in the leadup to the usual NRL game that will be screened at 4pm. The ABC did a great job over many years but the the ISC clubs are of the opinion that Channel Nine will provide a larger audience and better commercial opportunities long term.

Gibbo

Juniors
Not to psyched about htis.

No Saturday arvo game to watch and no Boland.

Plus can't see the missus too psyched about sitting down to watch 4 hours of footy on Sunday arvo...

Packy

Bench
This is terrible news for us viewers. I assume this is great news for the clubs and league.

Wish that they allowed ABC to do a Saturday game as well.

beads6

First Grade
I suppose it is good for the QLD cup but I liked it on ABC. Also it is ridiculous that they will should a 2nd tier comp live and the NRL will be delayed.

nqcowboy87

Bench
this is crap, the abc qcup game is awesome, almost 15 years of good coverage now to just move it to ad break city

aarondoyle

Juniors
I worry that this will go the way of the Super League game on Sundays before the NRL. Channel 9 with the rights but it being broadcast.

I don't know if the QRL can go back to the ABC if it didn't work out.

no name

Coach
I suppose it is good for the QLD cup but I liked it on ABC. Also it is ridiculous that they will should a 2nd tier comp live and the NRL will be delayed.

I have a very strong feeling it won't be live. More than likely the Saturday game replayed the next day.
I hope I'm wrong, always got a run when I was down on the punt!
Does anyone have any further information on whether it is live or not?

smithie

Juniors
I have a very strong feeling it won't be live. More than likely the Saturday game replayed the next day.
I hope I'm wrong, always got a run when I was down on the punt!
Does anyone have any further information on whether it is live or not?

I seriously doubt it will be live. If the NRL game isn't shown live, what chance does the QLD Cup game have.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Being shown live. Simple as that. 1st game GF replay March 11. Mackay/Rocky etc will also get at least one home game shown.

jc155776

Coach
Shit decision.

Will get less coverage as people would be watching the 2pm Fox game!

Use to love starting Super Saturday off with a game on ABC.

franklin2323

Immortal
I worry that this will go the way of the Super League game on Sundays before the NRL. Channel 9 with the rights but it being broadcast.

I don't know if the QRL can go back to the ABC if it didn't work out.

Yeah. Against an NRL game stupid should keep it at 3 on a Saturday.

Latest posts