What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inu

Micistm

Bench
...What's it all about. It hasn't been just Bluey, it hasn't just been this Club.
SOMETHING seems to go on behind the scenes with this guy. There must be more to the story as to why he finds himself out of favour so often.
When he was first signed, I wasn't overly happy. But he proved me wrong and won me over with some great performances, and shown himself to be one of 'those' players with the x factor.
Yet- here we are again. New year, new coach. So what gives?:?

NZ Warrior

First Grade
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think he's the type of player that doesn't put 100% effort into training sessions during the week and other players do. It's got to be something like that, because he is a freakish player and I'm a fan of his.

And it's not like Bluey isn't a fan of his. I think the ball is in Inu's court and he's too busy playing hacki-sack.

ToiletDuck

Juniors
Well Bluey was talking about the young guys (Hurrell and Henry) getting a go given their trial form and having trained very well in the off-season. As with Ivan and comments re attitude, it has to be related to what he's doing behind the scenes that isn't impressing anybody.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
It's been written a few times in articles now its because he doesn't look like he is putting in 100% at training and taking it seriously. I for one couldn't care less because when it comes down to it he is our best centre option (Hurrell looks impressive though) and this isn't some school team where we reward a lesser player for putting in more effort in doing truck and trailer drills. If he isn't selected tomorrow then surely they should come to agreeement to release him so he can go start week in week out somewhere else, he should be. The guy is the best player in the air in the league, and thats cruicial.

Warmess

Juniors
I'm kinda torn on the issue. Eddie is right in the fact that he's our best centre option. Should he have started ahead of Ropati? Probably. He's proven at NRL level and was a clutch player last year in our finals campaign and throughout the season at various times.

On the other side, if you have a player who isn't putting everything in at training, and still getting picked, what does message does that send to the young guys coming up? The coach is up there saying "we'll give these young guys shots if they put their hands up" but is selecting someone every week who doesn't give 100%? Regardless of whether or not he's a gifted player, that could easily start to cause a rot in the development of some players.

Seems to be Inu is giving the coaches reason to not pick him instead of the other way around.

Or he could just be a dick. Who knows? We probably won't find out for sure until it doesn't affect us any more (aka, hes gone from the club).

TheDMC

Bench
It should be a moot point now with Ropati out. But if by some disastrous decision-making Inu isn't selected this week then we gotta start a petition, or perhaps go extreme and storm Warrior HQ (back office, not the team area as that = suicide).

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Get prepared for him to be named on an extended bench again I'd say. He will go with Henry and Hurrell.

MKEB...

Staff member
Get prepared for him to be named on an extended bench again I'd say. He will go with Henry and Hurrell.

had I not seen it before with various coaches I would disagree.

Though I would think it more likely for Bluey to put Taylor or Brown into the centres. If the former was the case I would defo put Mateo into lock forward and have Benry as a second row benchy.

But in all fairness, should Inu not be 2nd cab off the rank as far as centres are concerned?

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Inu should be the first cab off the rank as far as centres are concerned. And if Ropati and Hurrell were playing outstanding then I would put him on the wing over Tupou. He's a match winner. If he sticks with Henry or moves another second rower to centre instead of Inu then that will be really really disapointing.

ozbash

Referee
club should release him if he's not giving %100.

we got enough talent in the wings without carrying a passenger.

Shape up or ship out , Krisnan.

Micistm

Bench
I'm kinda torn on the issue. Eddie is right in the fact that he's our best centre option. Should he have started ahead of Ropati? Probably. He's proven at NRL level and was a clutch player last year in our finals campaign and throughout the season at various times.

On the other side, if you have a player who isn't putting everything in at training, and still getting picked, what does message does that send to the young guys coming up? The coach is up there saying "we'll give these young guys shots if they put their hands up" but is selecting someone every week who doesn't give 100%? Regardless of whether or not he's a gifted player, that could easily start to cause a rot in the development of some players.

Seems to be Inu is giving the coaches reason to not pick him instead of the other way around.

Or he could just be a dick. Who knows? We probably won't find out for sure until it doesn't affect us any more (aka, hes gone from the club).

Yeah, you see him in post game interviews etc, and he seems the nicest, humblest bloke, so it seems weird to talk of his 'attitude problem.' He has talent plus, so maybe you're onto something in regard to slack training effort, and the effect it would have on other, younger players if picked despite not putting in the hard yards. It would be good to get the view of a coach past or present on Inu, and this thing where he seems to fall from favour despite his talent and his form.
Guess we won't know for sure unless it becomes screamingly obvious he won't be picked even out of injury and form desperation.

ToiletDuck

Juniors
Given what happened on Sunday I wouldn't be surprised to see Bluey name Henry and Hurrell, with Inu on the extended bench. I'd be disappointed to see Taylor or Brown moved because neither are centers, and I thought Lewis was strong off the bench.

If I had my way, Inu and Hurrell to start with Benry back to the bench.

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
To me it seems like he is just one of those people who have a casual laid back personality, alot of people hate on the fact that he looks disinterested and too casual when he's playing but I don't think he'd be able to do the things he does on the field if he wasn't passionate. The warriors should either use him or release him, he's a good player in his prime and there are a few teams that need a good centre. With that said though no player is bigger than the team.

JoeD

First Grade
It would be good to get the view of a coach past or present on Inu
Was he at Parra when Daniel Anderson was coach? Anderson is semi regular on Radio Sport, someone should ask him.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Um, so what he's not actually that flash of a player. He's actually not the flashest second-rower, let alone a centre.

I'm not an Inu fan either but Inu>>>>>>>>>Henry.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
On paper, it's an easy choice.
But who knows what happens behind closed doors?

Whatever the reason for Inu not playing Rd1, im sure it wont be long till we see him in the top team.