What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is It weird for men to own a cat

Is it weird for an adult male to own a cat

• Total voters

steggz

Juniors
I think it goes against age-old gender stereotypes, but neither do I think that's a problem

OVP

Coach
Well I don't own a cat or a dog, but i like them more than dogs. And I'm really over every dog owner thinking their shit don't stink and thinking they are macho as f**k for having a dog. No you're not, you're an idiot :p

1. Cats don't stink. f**k off outside dog, you stink.
2. Dogs are waaaaaaaaay too much effort. You don't need to take a cat for a walk every five minutes, they do it themselves, they ain't useless like a dog.
3. The Cat from Red Dwarf says it all :- You ever seen a cat chase a stick ? Hey man, you threw the damn stick in the first place, you go get it yourself. Dogs are so stupid they will chase that f**ker down.
4. Cats don't bark incessantly for 6 hours on end without a break when a piece of paper flies around in the wind near them. f**k off and die.
5. Cats won't maul you to death.
6. There is this little chihuahua with a serious case of small man's(dog's .. same thing) syndrome living in my flats somewhere. It's idiot owner lets it out and it barks for hours on end at anyone at all who enters the large common area/ car park as it truly believes it owns the place. When I catch it, it's going to be landing on the nursing home roof next door.
7. Cats were worshiped by the Ancient Egyptians. Never seen a dog being worshiped, probably because they have the intelligence of a one year old.
8. Cat's don't demand your constant attention. You may pat me now, human. I'm the boss here, not you.
9. Cat's don't drool all over the place.
10. Cat's will f**k up a dog and make it run like a girl if it gets too close. One hook to the nose and the dog is gone.
11. Lions, tigers, panthers, pumas, leopards etc are all cats. They are so much cooler than a dog.
12. And lastly, even though I'm sure I can think of more reasons, I love a cat's attitude. Feed me and f**k OFF !!. LOL what could be better than that ?

DiegoNT

First Grade
Well without dogs their simply wouldn't be man.
Dogs and early humans evolved together, the domestication of the dog was the biggest trigger towards civilization and gave us the edge over other early humanoids especially the neanderthal

OVP

Coach
Dogs and early humans evolved together, the domestication of the dog was the biggest trigger towards civilization and gave us the edge over other early humanoids especially the neanderthal

Yeah of course, I'm just stirring the pot :D

I dig big dogs like Shepherds and Rotties, they are awesome dogs. But those little ones can burn in a sea of fire for all i care lol.

I grew up with a German Shepherd and two cats. One of the cats had three legs lol. But the dog was scared of him. In the end though, they'd all just chill with each other and liked each others company. I really really like it when cats and dogs are friends, thats awesome to witness.

Parra

Referee

You are confusing dogs with corn.

Dogs were a relatively useful tool though.

DiegoNT

First Grade
You are confusing dogs with corn.

Dogs were a relatively useful tool though.
corn?
Dogs were domisticated Milleniums before corn was grown as an agricultural crop. And even then it was confined to the Americas before Columbus found the new world

Vic Mackey

Referee
Well I don't own a cat or a dog, but i like them more than dogs. And I'm really over every dog owner thinking their shit don't stink and thinking they are macho as f**k for having a dog. No you're not, you're an idiot :p

As someone who worked in property management for 3 years I can promise you that a house with a cat/s stinks a hell of a lot worse then one with a dog/s

Rabbits20

Immortal

2. Dogs are waaaaaaaaay too much effort. You don't need to take a cat for a walk every five minutes, they do it themselves, they ain't useless like a dog.
3. The Cat from Red Dwarf says it all :- You ever seen a cat chase a stick ? Hey man, you threw the damn stick in the first place, you go get it yourself. Dogs are so stupid they will chase that f**ker down.
4. Cats don't bark incessantly for 6 hours on end without a break when a piece of paper flies around in the wind near them. f**k off and die.
5. Cats won't maul you to death.
6. There is this little chihuahua with a serious case of small man's(dog's .. same thing) syndrome living in my flats somewhere. It's idiot owner lets it out and it barks for hours on end at anyone at all who enters the large common area/ car park as it truly believes it owns the place. When I catch it, it's going to be landing on the nursing home roof next door.
7. Cats were worshiped by the Ancient Egyptians. Never seen a dog being worshiped, probably because they have the intelligence of a one year old.
8. Cat's don't demand your constant attention. You may pat me now, human. I'm the boss here, not you.
9. Cat's don't drool all over the place.
10. Cat's will f**k up a dog and make it run like a girl if it gets too close. One hook to the nose and the dog is gone.
11. Lions, tigers, panthers, pumas, leopards etc are all cats. They are so much cooler than a dog.
12. And lastly, even though I'm sure I can think of more reasons, I love a cat's attitude. Feed me and f**k OFF !!. LOL what could be better than that ?
Good post.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Not a cat that's fully indoors.

So I have to disagree.

The residents are never aware that their place stinks. It's obviously not all cats, maybe yours is fine. However as someone who has probably been inside of around 5,000 households due to my line of work I think my opinion is a tad more qualified then yours.

OVP

Coach
As someone who worked in property management for 3 years I can promise you that a house with a cat/s stinks a hell of a lot worse then one with a dog/s

Well let me just say that the only thing from a cat that stinks is its urine. So I assume that the owner let the cats pee all over the carpet. Solution : Shoot owner for being lazy.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
21255a07cbc36bfaf7e659afdf87532fcfed0441b05a87d2f4aa09140e136b43.jpg

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
The fact rabbits20 is in here arguing the negative should tell you all you need to know about the kind of guys that own cats... I'm surprised Bunniesman and Alien aren't in here defending the 6 cats they each have living with them in their respective basements as well.... Coincidence they're South's supporters??... ha-ha

I'm with OVP on the small dogs though.

Parra

Referee
corn?
Dogs were domisticated Milleniums before corn was grown as an agricultural crop. And even then it was confined to the Americas before Columbus found the new world

You'd better go back and tell the ancient romans about the corn they relied on but never had apparently.

I was having a dig at your "Well without dogs their simply wouldn't be man" line.

Dogs were useful and easy to domesticate. If our ancestors had eradicated them instead we would be no different.

DiegoNT

First Grade
You'd better go back and tell the ancient romans about the corn they relied on but never had apparently.

I was having a dig at your "Well without dogs their simply wouldn't be man" line.

Dogs were useful and easy to domesticate. If our ancestors had eradicated them instead we would be no different.
Yea i looked it up. The 'corn' that the romans had was grain. I was thinking of what we call corn, the yellow vegetable on the kernel. Of course the romans were far from the first civilations, archeologists are now finding relatively advanced civilations that pre date the romans by close to 10, 000 years. Agriculture was one of the big leaps in man kind, and it starts with dogs. We didn't domestic them as such to begin with, we had a partnership witt dogs. This eventually led to domesticating dogs, which led to domestication of other animals which eventually led to crops including corn. Would we have been able to domesticate other animals without that initial partnership? Debatable, but it can't be denied dogs played a huge part in the human story

duck

Juniors
The fact rabbits20 is in here arguing the negative should tell you all you need to know about the kind of guys that own cats... I'm surprised Bunniesman and Alien aren't in here defending the 6 cats they each have living with them in their respective basements as well.... Coincidence they're South's supporters??... ha-ha

I'm with OVP on the small dogs though.
Bahahahaaaa

I read this thread last night and for some weird reason my first thought was "I bet rabbits20 owns a cat"

Latest posts