What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Jeff Robson the best ever Sharks Half back?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
week after week there are 2 tackles, by him, where the targeter gets up & says "what the phwakatane just hit me? I thought I ws running at the half back".
Those tackles most probably saved trys.
Then there is the reliable rest of his game.
Vale Robbo.

Craigshark

First Grade
Very good player. His defence is so strong. You only have to look at what the Roosters did to us without him.

natheel

Coach
He's very under rated. Developed nicely at sharks. Thought he went unnoticed in our 09 run.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Toss up between Tommy, Greeny & Robson.
Robson still has 2 years to better them. I reckon he will.
Better than Hansard. Better than wakkers. Better than Haddock Better than Gnome. Better than Presto.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Presto had a very poor kicking game.
Johnny lang still reckons that Preston is the best defender he ever coached.
Close one.

Quigs

Immortal
If Sir Thomas Bishop was on the field and running that side last night from the #7 I bet there would be a few of our own sporting fat lips and stitches above the eyes.

He would not of copped that shit.

fizman

Bench
What the Whakatane is going on in this thread?

If Jefferey is the First Premiership winning Half Back, absolutely.

He is a great defender, but needs to add more to his kicking and running games.

Cooper Donkey is certainly the benchmark - he is a tough nugget.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Agree Fizman, Robbo doesnt take the line on and his kicking game is average. Best defending half in the game but doesnt scare the opp in their 20 ... I'll take him over most halves in the game though.

webShark

Some of u lot should share around what u are on. Expect an ASADA interview. Presto got the Dally M and killed the comp for 6 months. Even the gnome played for Australia etc. much as I was no fan, he was better than Robbo. Robbo was the side kick to Daniel Mortimer of interchange fame. Robbo is just better than we hoped. Not as good as Green or Russell either. Next Pom will be better centre than ET and Sludge. We crept over the line against a crap Dragons side. Toops the new Miller?

Since 73

First Grade
No.

They all bring different skillsets - and played in totally different teams. Imagine feeding to ball to sparkles & ET.

I remember Russell's runs with wood - but would he have been as dynamic without Gav.

Presto is our best.

Robbo similar to Tommy. Refuses to lose the collision.

Latest posts