What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this the point in time?

Lochie

Juniors
After watching tonight's performance, a few things struck me as possibilities, and I think the next few weeks may provide us with either a lot of hope, or a lot of despair. A night like tonight can make or break a team, and I think how we progress through this season from this point will show the true measure of the men who are coaching and playing for our team. Two things can happen from tonight - the team can rue what could have, should have, would have been and self destruct because they did not take the two points from a night where they battled their hearts out, or this adversity could provide the glue that strengthens the team. I for one hope they play with the courage they did tonight next week, for I am sure if they do, then repeats of the heartbreak of tonight will start to become more scarce. It is imperative that the boys take the positives out of tonight and reinforce them. Sure, we did not win, and in terms of competitions points, thats not acceptable for us, but I hope this mentality does not affect the cohesiveness that I thought the team displayed tonight.

Thank God for bringing us Scott Prince. He's really starting to find his legs for us, and do some wonderful things. Luke Duffy had an outstanding debut, and surely deserved his try. I would not have sacrificed his wing spot for Luke Covell, even though Covell may have kicked us into a win. The only player I had a bone to pick with tonight was Nick Graham, who didn't seem to be up to form.

Gobbso

Juniors
Losses that Wests Tigers have expereinced already this year have been heart-breaking. Although, those losses have attributed to one thing. The strength of Wests Tigers character. The character building that has taken place after the Souths, Brisbane losses were amazing. Many teams fall into a slump by devastating close losses like that, but it seems that Wests continue to draw positives and more so strength from each close encounter the Tigers may come out losers. They see it as an 'almost there, gotta keeping going until we reach it' sort of scenario, if that makes sense. I'm struggling to find the right words. The defense is exceptional, the attack is slowly coming along, and a team is coming together. The elements of a successful structure are there, its just a matter of time until it all 'clicks'.