What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's Time Taylor Has To Go

Kingdom

Juniors
Rumour has it that Rusty is to make a new movie along the lines of "Gladiator" and has invited Shane Richardson to play a cameo role. The movie is apparently to be called Julius Ceasar with Crowe to play Mark Anthony and Richardson to play Brutus.

Dave Q

Coach
If only we could get rid of Richo aswell

The Richardson era so far has been loaded with glory and much off-feild accomplishment.

If anything, we should be looking to massively upgrade and extend his contract.

He makes the tough decisions, he does the right thing by us.

Who would want to return to the crap post-expulsion and pre-richo days when winning the charity sheild was all we played for and just about the only games where we had a chance.

We couldnt attract a shadow to the club let alone real footballers.

Not fugging me, thats for sure. And not most die-hard and loyal Bunnies fans I know.

The guy makes mistakes, but at the end of the day, Richo is gold.

Ive been following our great club since before most of the current NRL players were born.

I say that he serves this club with great distinction.

He wears the red and green.

I am proud of Shane Richardson

Last edited:

johnkelley

Juniors
I'm with you Dave, Richo may not be perfect or everyone's cup of tea but the reality is he has our club heading on the up and up.

Good players are being retained, other good players are being enticed, hard decisions are being made with a minimum of fuss (despite media spotlight) and finances are heading in the right direction without Leagues Club support.

Believe me these are great achievements in this day and age.

Kilkenny

Coach
Phil Gould's article in the weekends paper was pretty close to the mark.

Clearly, Souths wanted rid of Jason Taylor as head coach but sadly they have gone the wrong way about it?

Regardless of whether he was the right man for the job or not he was entitled to be treated fairly and equitably and to dismiss him the way they did was a disgrace.

By all means sack him, but sack him for the right reasons and pay him his dues and what is coming to him.

The way Souths have conducted themselves, Shane Richardson included, is a disgrace and another sad episode in the history of your club.

Nothing to do with the incident at the Forrester Hotel, he had to go, but pay the guy out and do the right thing.

Dave Q

Coach
I'm with you Dave, Richo may not be perfect or everyone's cup of tea but the reality is he has our club heading on the up and up.

Good players are being retained, other good players are being enticed, hard decisions are being made with a minimum of fuss (despite media spotlight) and finances are heading in the right direction without Leagues Club support.

Believe me these are great achievements in this day and age.

Indeed.

In the cold light of day, hes done a great job. Beneath the tough exterior, hes actually a very intelligent and sensitive bloke.

We are lucky to have him, hes done a lot for us and is looking to do a lot more.

Last edited:

Dave Q

Coach
Phil Gould's article in the weekends paper was pretty close to the mark.

Clearly, Souths wanted rid of Jason Taylor as head coach but sadly they have gone the wrong way about it?

Regardless of whether he was the right man for the job or not he was entitled to be treated fairly and equitably and to dismiss him the way they did was a disgrace.

By all means sack him, but sack him for the right reasons and pay him his dues and what is coming to him.

The way Souths have conducted themselves, Shane Richardson included, is a disgrace and another sad episode in the history of your club.

Nothing to do with the incident at the Forrester Hotel, he had to go, but pay the guy out and do the right thing.

You need to get your facts right KK.

Gould has been critising Taylor for years and this whole outrage thing is entirely inconsistent with his previous and well-known views. He is a hypocrite of the first order. Thats Ok, all part of the media circus, but be very careful putting your faith in Gus.

Taylor was sacked for the right reasons. He could no longer command the respect of the club and players...thats just the start.

If Taylor had listened and obeyed his bosses, if he showed some genuine remorse and contrition, he may still be coach.

Taylor put the reputation of the club on the line, Souths were the victim of his excess, not the other way around.

Souths is not a charity with a bottomless pit of dollars. These days, we are a hard-nosed and professional rugby league club. Weve had our days of being bleeding heart charity cases. No more. Someone elses problem.

Taylor breached his contract, its his fault and not the clubs, we thank him for his services, wish him well and all that but at the end of the day, we owe him jack.

The club runs the place, not the coach and not the players.

Its a tough world. We didnt make it, we just have to survive in it like everybody else.

I am in a reasonably frequent dialogue with the cadre, I have never heard in informal or secret circles, that they had it in for Taylor. Probably the exact opposite.

I am pretty sure they are genuine in their dissapointment. They have supported him through a lot of bad experiences before... but the dogs finally caught up with the caravan.

But at the end of the day KK, as you know, running an NRL club is not a poularity contest.

The Taylor era is over and I am sincere when I say good luck to him.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Last edited:

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
You need to get your facts right KK.

Gould has been critising Taylor for years and this whole outrage thing is entirely inconsistent with his previous and well-known views. He is a hypocrite of the first order. Thats Ok, all part of the media circus, but be very careful putting your faith in Gus.

Taylor was sacked for the right reasons. He could no longer command the respect of the club and players...thats just the start.

If Taylor had listened and obeyed his bosses, if he showed some genuine remorse and contrition, he may still be coach.

Taylor put the reputation of the club on the line, Souths were the victim of his excess, not the other way around.

Souths is not a charity with a bottomless pit of dollars. These days, we are a hard-nosed and professional rugby league club. Weve had our days of being bleeding heart charity cases. No more. Someone elses problem.

Taylor breached his contract, its his fault and not the clubs, we thank him for his services, wish him well and all that but at the end of the day, we owe him jack.

The club runs the place, not the coach and not the players.

Its a tough world. We didnt make it, we just have to survive in it like everybody else.

I am in a reasonably frequent dialogue with the cadre, I have never heard in informal or secret circles, that they had it in for Taylor. Probably the exact opposite.

I am pretty sure they are genuine in their dissapointment. They have supported him through a lot of bad experiences before... but the dogs finally caught up with the caravan.

But at the end of the day KK, as you know, running an NRL club is not a poularity contest.

The Taylor era is over and I am sincere when I say good luck to him.

Thanks for your thoughts.

great post dave. 100% on the mark

Dave Q

Coach
great post dave. 100% on the mark

Thanks Aaron.

Regrettably, people beleive what they read and hear in the media.

Anyone who has had anything to do with mainstream media knows thats it a rabid animal, entirely untrustworthy, designed to make money and not to inform.

People at the top of the league in all the clubs, they tend not to take Gould seriously as he dillutes any insights he has with rancid self-promotion and other muck.

But hes part of the entertainment of the game.

And good luck to Guster, hes a lot more interesting than many.

When Souths come good next year, I am certain that he will be one of the first to take the credit and all this will be forgotten.

We can have a laugh at that one too!

Last edited:

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
Thanks Aaron.

Regrettably, people beleive what they read and hear in the media.

Anyone who has had anything to do with mainstream media knows thats it a rabid animal, entirely untrustworthy, designed to make money and not to inform.

People at the top of the league in all the clubs, they tend not to take Gould seriously as he dillutes any insights he has with rancid self-promotion and other muck.

But hes part of the entertainment of the game.

And good luck to Guster, hes a lot more interesting than many.

When Souths come good next year, I am certain that he will be one of the first to take the credit and all this will be forgotten.

We can have a laugh at that one too!

yep. i have a good feeling next year will be a good one. we will certainly have the best forward pack in the comp bar none, and that on top of the highest try scoring team of this year.