What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamayne Isaako

Old Timer

Coach
Upgrade our wingers heaven forbid go and sit in the naughty corner you lot
How dare you suggest such a thing when we are leading the competition
Next thing you will be trying to convince people we have some imaginary weakness in that area that others can see and will cost us in the long term
Honestly some people
Long live Nene & Nighty our match winning and season defining wingers
(Anyone know how to do pink text?)

hazzbeen

Bench
Upgrade our wingers heaven forbid go and sit in the naughty corner you lot
How dare you suggest such a thing when we are leading the competition
Next thing you will be trying to convince people we have some imaginary weakness in that area that others can see and will cost us in the long term
Honestly some people
Long live Nene & Nighty our match winning and season defining wingers
(Anyone know how to do pink text?)
All that plus we have our own players now that could be aces if given a go , but we will never know until injuries happen then there is no other choice but to try them .... Same thing with Dufty last year our coaching staff were really forced to use him , otherwise he probably would not have been given a shot .....

Last edited:

possm

Coach
I think we have outside backs in Lomax, Herbert and Johns with speed but size may be our problem on the right wing and so a big outside back with speed may be a good idea. I think Mann is the logical replacement for Nightingale and Lomax for Aitken. I hold the view that Aitken would be the ideal utility player being in the backrow rotation and a replacement centre/winger in case of injury during a game.

So if Frizell was moved to prop in place of Latimore this year, the idea of Aitken and Host sharing the right edge backrow position would make sense and I believe, further strengthen our forward pack. I would love to see Mary test this theory this year.

But the most urgent buy is two first grade props; one the 2018 and beyond and the other for 2019 and beyond. Our young props aren't ready and so they will have to bide their time in reserve grade until they are ready. Let go Allgood and Latimore at the end of this season.

Como Connection

First Grade
I think we have outside backs in Lomax, Herbert and Johns with speed but size may be our problem on the right wing and so a big outside back with speed may be a good idea. I think Mann is the logical replacement for Nightingale and Lomax for Aitken. I hold the view that Aitken would be the ideal utility player being in the backrow rotation and a replacement centre/winger in case of injury during a game.

So if Frizell was moved to prop in place of Latimore this year, the idea of Aitken and Host sharing the right edge backrow position would make sense and I believe, further strengthen our forward pack. I would love to see Mary test this theory this year.

But the most urgent buy is two first grade props; one the 2018 and beyond and the other for 2019 and beyond. Our young props aren't ready and so they will have to bide their time in reserve grade until they are ready. Let go Allgood and Latimore at the end of this season.
Woods is looking the logical signing at this stage.
CC

Johnny King

Juniors
Isaako made an immediate impact with the Broncos. I'm living in Brisbane and judging by the way they talk about him here there's no way the Broncos will be letting him go anywhere. Isaako is seen as the logical successor to Boyd as their fullback. Would be great if we would promote promising juniors as we may have one who's as talented as this bloke. Not sure if the hype around Lomax is justified or if he's as good as Isaako, but I'd love to see him given an opportunity to show what he's got in the top grade. Surely we've had enough issues on our wings and the right edge to justify giving Lomax or Herbert a shot (I realise Lomax is currently injured).

denis preston

First Grade
Yek , Lomax couldn't have picked a worst time to be injured.That being said , when he gets back he needs to knock the door down with brilliant games in ISP , which he really hasn't as yet. If you picked a squad based on potential you would never win a game.

Johnny King

Juniors
Yek , Lomax couldn't have picked a worst time to be injured.That being said , when he gets back he needs to knock the door down with brilliant games in ISP , which he really hasn't as yet. If you picked a squad based on potential you would never win a game.
Totally agree with you DP. I know it's off -topic however I hope the NSW team that's been picked on potential (and I support the selections) is capable of living up to it's potential.

Belta

Juniors
The priority is atleast one quality prop. Next year (minus Ah Mau) we will have less go forward. This will see us losing field position which will negatively impact on our attack. Even more so if we have injuries or players missing for rep etc. We need this address this ASAP.

It's not rocket science. It doesn't require deep analysis. The only two scenario's are;

1. We fork out $ (as with Vaughan) and get a good prop which will keep us where we are now.

Or

2. We pay peanuts for a depth forward or a junior who will do a respectful job but will fail to generate the field position needed.

denis preston

First Grade
The priority is atleast one quality prop. Next year (minus Ah Mau) we will have less go forward. This will see us losing field position which will negatively impact on our attack. Even more so if we have injuries or players missing for rep etc. We need this address this ASAP.

It's not rocket science. It doesn't require deep analysis. The only two scenario's are;

1. We fork out $ (as with Vaughan) and get a good prop which will keep us where we are now.

Or

2. We pay peanuts for a depth forward or a junior who will do a respectful job but will fail to generate the field position needed.

What are Jerrod Saffy & Jon Green doing now days !

All that plus we have our own players now that could be aces if given a go , but we will never know until injuries happen then there is no other choice but to try them .... Same thing with Dufty last year our coaching staff were really forced to use him , otherwise he probably would not have been given a shot .....
When Dugan and Widdop got injured earlier in the 2017 season, they opted for Nightingale at FB and still didn't give Dufty a run until late in the season.
Conservative for the sake of being conservative...

Drag Queen

Bench
When Dugan and Widdop got injured earlier in the 2017 season, they opted for Nightingale at FB and still didn't give Dufty a run until late in the season.
Conservative for the sake of being conservative...
Biting lengths off my tongue on this topic. Not even going to mention the D word. Thank the lord for lite beers after a night shift.

Belta

Juniors
Denis Preston said;

"What are Jerrod Saffy & Jon Green doing now days !"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can see you are a peanut man. It needs to be a current first grade NRL forward to replace Ah Mau and I ain't talking a Gallen or Heighton, more like TPJ or can't we steal Saffitti from Newcastle, like we did with Simms?

Crossbow

Juniors
So who are the best un signed props going around on the open market.Why did we not re sign au mau.He deserved an up grade.

Life's Good

Coach
He's definitely a talent and sure to be in demand but I can't see Brisbane letting him go. Anyway, we don’t have a problem with our wingers apparently.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
He's definitely a talent and sure to be in demand but I can't see Brisbane letting him go. Anyway, we don’t have a problem with our wingers apparently.
SGI seems to have an oversupply of short outside backs right now- Dufty, Nightingale and Aitken are all vertically challenged and our ISP is not much better- Pereira, Herbert, Johns, Tohi in ISP are all shortish. The only exception is Lomax but does he want to be a winger?Jai Field is another possibility

nontime111

Juniors
Isaako made an immediate impact with the Broncos. I'm living in Brisbane and judging by the way they talk about him here there's no way the Broncos will be letting him go anywhere. Isaako is seen as the logical successor to Boyd as their fullback. Would be great if we would promote promising juniors as we may have one who's as talented as this bloke. Not sure if the hype around Lomax is justified or if he's as good as Isaako, but I'd love to see him given an opportunity to show what he's got in the top grade. Surely we've had enough issues on our wings and the right edge to justify giving Lomax or Herbert a shot (I realise Lomax is currently injured).
yes hes injured from spikes up his arse from sitting on the bench too long!