What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Graham.

kit66

Bench
Graham has a big motor. Widdop was
erratic
. However he and Hunt should be a solid combination.

Erratic would have been an improvement. Unfortunately he was the complete opposite, he was predictable. How many times did he catch the ball and run sideways to the right toward players who were never deep enough to be a concern for the defence. He needed to straighten up and take on the line, then get a ball away. I can't wait to see Hunt out on the park for us, showing Wids how it's done.

Graham was great to watch, 163 mtrs, 42 tackles and none missed. He'll be an excellent signing for us.
Ah Mau was solid too, missing no tackles in a side that leaked like a sieve and 2nd best in metres gained.

One thing I noticed was how incredibly long Adam Blair is allowed to hold players down and never gets pinged for it once. That's his job, slow it down, he doesn't make many metres for a lock, just tackles. We need someone like that - as much as I hate the wrestle - we'd be better at controlling games. Mannering wasn't far behind him either in the hold down.

ouryear

Juniors
Erratic would have been an improvement. Unfortunately he was the complete opposite, he was predictable. How many times did he catch the ball and run sideways to the right toward players who were never deep enough to be a concern for the defence. He needed to straighten up and take on the line, then get a ball away. I can't wait to see Hunt out on the park for us, showing Wids how it's done.

Graham was great to watch, 163 mtrs, 42 tackles and none missed. He'll be an excellent signing for us.
Ah Mau was solid too, missing no tackles in a side that leaked like a sieve and 2nd best in metres gained.

One thing I noticed was how incredibly long Adam Blair is allowed to hold players down and never gets pinged for it once. That's his job, slow it down, he doesn't make many metres for a lock, just tackles. We need someone like that - as much as I hate the wrestle - we'd be better at controlling games. Mannering wasn't far behind him either in the hold down.

I am sick of Widdops predictability.
It's totally unacceptable for a player of his experience... and for the money he is being paid, to constantly screw the attack, running sideways and passing to players who he has just screwed for space.

What's with the guy?
Is he dumb?
Or is he scared to run straight?

It's one or the other.

No wonder our centres always look poor, imagine playing outside a dork who runs towards you... when he is on your own team.

In my opinion, widdop is a dumb ass.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Graham is like a predictable and reliable draft horse and will be an upgrade on Packer. Knucklehead just needs to get the three-quarter line firing and if he can not do this sack him immediately as it should be a simple task with no room for his pathetic excuses. Dufty, Widdop and Hunt aside he needs to choose in form players.
Nightingale scored 16 tries this year sp he should get a stsrt. Lafai did little last night. Aitken scored a few tries last year but needs to improve his defence and learn how to pass. MacDonald is lacksadaisical and needs a rocket up his arse so replace him with Garrick, Herbert or Lomax. There is no room for Mary and his clowns to dither and whine. Results are all that count.

getsmarty

Immortal
It's totally unacceptable for a player of his experience... and for the money he is being paid, to constantly screw the attack, running sideways and passing to players who he has just screwed for space.

What's with the guy?
Is he dumb?

It's one or the other.

No wonder our centres always look poor, imagine playing outside a dork who runs towards you... when he is on your own team.

The Thread is about James Graham...we get it..you hate Widdop....How about giving it a rest for a while...Its the equivalent of nails scraping on a chalkboard.

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
Your going to upset him with that video.
Lol

Maybe...but not as annoying as his/her constant derailing of threads and agendas......lets not deal with facts...LOL

P.S And if one wanted to be cynical, they could almost suggest that Vas/Ruby/Glen/Sigurd had made a return to the forum but I won't make that assumption.

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach

What's with the guy?
Is he dumb?

It's one or the other.

Not as much as we are sick of your predictability.
Put some friar's balsam on your wounds and toughen up a bit.
By the way see if you can stick to a thread for a change and that might help your mental state about you know who and for the record there are many threads with his name on them for you to go to have a rant.
There's a good chap run along now.

saint.nick

Coach
Graham is like a predictable and reliable draft horse and will be an upgrade on Packer. Knucklehead just needs to get the three-quarter line firing and if he can not do this sack him immediately as it should be a simple task with no room for his pathetic excuses. Dufty, Widdop and Hunt aside he needs to choose in form players.
Nightingale scored 16 tries this year sp he should get a stsrt. Lafai did little last night. Aitken scored a few tries last year but needs to improve his defence and learn how to pass. MacDonald is lacksadaisical and needs a rocket up his arse so replace him with Garrick, Herbert or Lomax. There is no room for Mary and his clowns to dither and whine. Results are all that count.
I love Nightingale, but about 9 of those tries were hat-tricks in 3 separate games. The great teams have wingers who score almost every game.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Jeez when Lafai is on he combines well with Gareth

Brutalitops
Agree.
I think both lafai and widdop both are guilty of trying to hard.
Lafai is guilty of trying to offload load all the time.
He needs to be more selective.
Widdop is guilty of trying to do everything himself.
Thst is why he will benefit the most from hunt being here.
He has someone else to run the show.
He can play his natural game.
Imo

jak

Bench
Brutalitops
Agree.
I think both lafai and widdop both are guilty of trying to hard.
Lafai is guilty of trying to offload load all the time.
He needs to be more selective.
Widdop is guilty of trying to do everything himself.
Thst is why he will benefit the most from hunt being here.
He has someone else to run the show.
He can play his natural game.
Imo
all true in my humble opinion.

ouryear

Juniors
The Thread is about James Graham...we get it..you hate Widdop....How about giving it a rest for a while...Its the equivalent of nails scraping on a chalkboard.

Excuse me?

Another poster wrote about widdops predictability.... I corresponded to that post.

I do not dislike any Dragon player, however, an international on a few million bucks over a few years needs to be held accountable for not showing flair, creativity nor running direct.

Obviously Mary can't.... won't.... so the fans need to.

The post had already moved to widdop....just like many posts move to Mary.....out of necessity!

I had the opportunity to ask Widdop after one game why he didn't run the ball, he said "Mate, it's a long story that would only frustrate you further"

What ever that means, you read into it.

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
Excuse me?

Another poster wrote about widdops predictability.... I corresponded to that post.

I do not dislike any Dragon player, however, an international on a few million bucks over a few years needs to be held accountable for not showing flair, creativity nor running direct.

Obviously Mary can't.... won't.... so the fans need to.

The post had already moved to widdop....just like many posts move to Mary.....out of necessity!

I had the opportunity to ask Widdop after one game why he didn't run the ball, he said "Mate, it's a long story that would only frustrate you further"

What ever that means, you read into it.

Would most likely mean he is under certain instructions....Again his predictability comes down to a number of factors...1/. Most of our effective attack being on the left side..teams worked this out and marked up on both Widdop and Lafai cutting down their time with the ball. 2/. Not having a quality 7 3/. Coach only having one plan...etc
We win more games than we lose with Widdop in the side..

Anyway, back to the topic....Looking forward to James Graham in the Red V.

Good player but he couldn't bust a grape with his hit ups. Better than Packer in every way except Rusty hits the line with purpose JG hits the line like he is stuck in mud.

Just my preference though. I like my props to run hard and straight and bent the line. JG isn't that type of prop.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Good player but he couldn't bust a grape with his hit ups. Better than Packer in every way except Rusty hits the line with purpose JG hits the line like he is stuck in mud.

Just my preference though. I like my props to run hard and straight and bent the line. JG isn't that type of prop.

True ricky.
But we have Vaughan and lam to do the straight running.
So that sould help

Datramp

Juniors
Packers biggest asset was that he always landed on his belly giving a fast play the ball. Not sure Graham offers that but geez he is a competitor and you can never have too many of them in the team.

For all those rubbishing Widdop, he is a gun. Has carried the team completely at times. Hopefully Hunt can do what Mccrone could not and offer a right side attack and game management to close out the tight games instead of Widdop trying to do it all himself.

I thought he played pretty well for England. No one else in the team looked anywhere near as threatening.

hazzbeen

Bench
Packers biggest asset was that he always landed on his belly giving a fast play the ball. Not sure Graham offers that but geez he is a competitor and you can never have too many of them in the team.

For all those rubbishing Widdop, he is a gun. Has carried the team completely at times. Hopefully Hunt can do what Mccrone could not and offer a right side attack and game management to close out the tight games instead of Widdop trying to do it all himself.

I thought he played pretty well for England. No one else in the team looked anywhere near as threatening.
No matter what , Hunt will make some difference for sure ....... along with Graham ......

Latest posts