What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamie Simpson Star of the Future

Zigwaa

Bench
Yeah, it would be unfair on him to label him as the kid who beat cancer. I'm sure he would prefer to be recognised for his footy skills.

Reminds me of the way Ray Warren (in particular, but not exclusively) goes on and on about Brett Stewart's diabetes.

It shows his character, it's not labelling. It shows kids it can be done, gives someone who may be suffering cancer (or diabetes) a role model to look up to and give them hope that they can overcome the disease.

I don't see problem with it being mentioned.

Dave Q

Coach
It shows his character, it's not labelling. It shows kids it can be done, gives someone who may be suffering cancer (or diabetes) a role model to look up to and give them hope that they can overcome the disease.

I don't see problem with it being mentioned.

Worth thinking about...mmmmmmm......

Ike E Bear

Juniors
True, but I'd bet a motza that those players would rather the talk be about their football than diseases or conditions they have beat or are managing.

When you're trying to be noticed as a football player, you don't want to be noticed as a cancer-survivor.

Sorry, I'm being pedantic. There is absolutely nothing wrong with mentioning it, I just hope it doesn't overshadow his efforts on the footy field. He looks like he could be a real star of the future. Kids got heart.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
:roll:If you watch the he moves & plays he reminds me of Chris Close.Big,Strong.Skilful & Powerful.I think Hughes signed him that's 2 good ones Simpson & Luke!

Part of our current success has to be attributed to the new found enthusiasam shown by our new firstgraders in Jamie and Chris Sandow.Long may it continue.

Zigwaa

Bench
In the team annoucement JT said it (his hand) looked bad after the game but settled down the next day. So he should be right.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
Told you this boy is good his confidence grows every game what about his 2nd try on saturday strong powerful.(Go You Bunnies)Ike E Bear Re: Jamie Simpson Star of the Future
True, but I'd bet a motza that those players would rather the talk be about their football than diseases or conditions they have beat or are managing.

When you're trying to be noticed as a football player, you don't want to be noticed as a cancer-survivor.

Sorry, I'm being pedantic. There is absolutely nothing wrong with mentioning it, I just hope it doesn't overshadow his efforts on the footy field. He looks like he could be a real star of the future. Kids got heart.
TOLD YOU SO In a couple of years he will be playing SOO for Qld!

As an outsider looking in on the game , i was hugely impressed with Jamie he seems to be the real deal.

Wouldnt mind him in the mighty blue and gold.

Latest posts