What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarrod Mullen officially worst seven in the NRL

antonius

Coach
No kicking game. no passing game, no idea.
Seriously this bloke is lucky to be playing first grade.
I haven't posted much for some time on here but couldn't hold back my frustration after watching yet another botched performance from this giant myth. We still have big probs in this area next season. I hope Wayne baby has the solution up his sleeve.

Hooch

Juniors
Well he's had quite a few years now. When does his contract run out? If he can't get it together under Bennet some kid will take his spot.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Mullo as a halfback I agree with; the bloke never has been and never will be a quality halfback. He's an outstanding five-eighth though.

antonius

Coach
"Wayne baby"? Really?

I do agree that he is terrible at the moment though.

Tell me when hes been good? Mullens bigest problem is he's not up to top grade footy. when it comes to the crunch he goes missing. he becomes desperate. Unfortunately I can't see where the solution is in our club. It's not Gidley, Roberts and Stig still have a way to go.

Alex28

Coach
Worst halfback in rugby league when injured?

Clearly hasn't been fully fit most of the season...

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Tell me when hes been good? Mullens bigest problem is he's not up to top grade footy. when it comes to the crunch he goes missing. he becomes desperate. Unfortunately I can't see where the solution is in our club. It's not Gidley, Roberts and Stig still have a way to go.
No, he's just not up to "directing" a team around the park.

antonius

Coach
Worst halfback in rugby league when injured?

Clearly hasn't been fully fit most of the season...
Alex he has no vision, injured or not, he's not a halfback, he doesn't read the game at all. He makes dumb plays unimpeded all the time.

Alex28

Coach
He wasn't great but he wasn't as bad as everybody is making him out to be.

He was schooled by Cronk but who wouldn't have been today? The guy is the best halfback in the game hands down.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Agree with Jobber, he just no good at leading a team and taking charge. If we had a DCE or a Lui in our jnr grades id say move him back to 6 but alas....

antonius

Coach
He wasn't great but he wasn't as bad as everybody is making him out to be.

He was schooled by Cronk but who wouldn't have been today? The guy is the best halfback in the game hands down.
His decision making was terrible today, your 7 should guide the team and unfortunately Mullen has never displayed that quality, injured or not. Most of the time he's a liability, never more so displayed than today, an injured shoulder doesn't determine where you place kicks, or who,and when you pass the ball to.

Rusty

Juniors
We can't keep denying his shitness 5 years later. It's always the same excuse i.e. 'he's playing injured'. STFU with that excuse. He offers nothing, NOTHING!

Why in the hell would you keep putting bombs up for Slater. He is the master at catching them? What the hell kind of game plan is that?

Why can't he grubber? He grubbers and 99% of the time it ricochet's off someone's leg. WTF?

The inside hospital passes to the forwards that results in hardly any metres.

The not knowing when to run the ball.

His defence is horrid. Someone always beats him on the outside.

We had a chance and we blew it, because the Storm clocked off in the 60th minute.

Last edited:

macavity

Referee
Terrible 7. Will kill it at 6 next year. We need an organizing half desperately. Throw minimum wage at orford - worth a punt.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Mullo as a halfback I agree with; the bloke never has been and never will be a quality halfback. He's an outstanding five-eighth though.
He's exactly the same in the 6 as he is in the 7 IMO. He's had heaps of games at 5/8 where he's gone missing too and done dumb things. His silly kicking game today ie bombing to the best fullback in the game (wtf) isn't gonna make a difference with what number he wears. He's got all the attributes and he probably is a better 6 then 7, but unfortunately he can't handle the pressure in big games, so he'll continue having these mediocre performances until he can fix his mindset, which hopefully can happen next year.

Last edited:

Joker's Wild

Coach
Mate he won't have to kick much if we had a decent 7 to play inside him. He's at his best when he can run at gaps and feed his outside men. All things he has pretty much zero opportunity to do with the responsibility of guiding the team.

A decent playmaking hooker would do

Cliffhanger

Coach
Lol I think you Knights' fans are being a little harsh on Mullen, he is horribly in consistent no doubt but it's not as if you've got better options in the half.

What I don't understand is why on earth did he think bombing to Slater was the way to go, his long range kicking game is impressive and there isn't that many player who have mastered that like he has.

I don't think he's the worst halfback in the game, but he definitely is not one, he lacks creativity and the ability to direct a side around the park.

He needs to learn to take the line on more if he wants to become a top five eighth, if anybody can get the best out of him though it's Bennett.

antonius

Coach
He's exactly the same in the 6 as he is in the 7 IMO. He's had heaps of games at 5/8 where he's gone missing too and done dumb things. His silly kicking game today ie bombing to the best fullback in the game (wtf) isn't gonna make a difference with what number he wears. He's got all the attributes and he probably is a better 6 then 7, but unfortunately he can't handle the pressure in big games, so he'll continue having these mediocre performances until he can fix his mindset, which hopefully can happen next year.
That's his biggest problem, in big games he goes missing, from what I see I don't believe he has the heart for first grade footy. He's great when the teams going great, he's bad when the team looks to him to make things happen. Maybe fullback/center would suit, even then I don't see anything in him that inspires confidence.

antonius

Coach
Lol I think you Knights' fans are being a little harsh on Mullen, he is horribly in consistent no doubt but it's not as if you've got better options in the half.

What I don't understand is why on earth did he think bombing to Slater was the way to go, his long range kicking game is impressive and there isn't that many player who have mastered that like he has.

I don't think he's the worst halfback in the game, but he definitely is not one, he lacks creativity and the ability to direct a side around the park.

He needs to learn to take the line on more if he wants to become a top five eighth, if anybody can get the best out of him though it's Bennett.

You're laughing at our opinions, but in your post you are agreeing???