What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne accused of rape

Lambretta

First Grade
Pretty sure the fact he was heavily drunk when it all happened played a big part(game into disrepute sort of thing)as he was to be the face of the game. The sexual assault allegations added to the drama(happy to be corrected if this isn’t totally accurate but it’s what I recall).

Yes. It was this exactly. Being drunk and bringing the game into disrepute.

Whatever the f**k that means. Utter bullshit imo

Lambretta

First Grade
Yet wasn't it determined that he wasn't actually drunk?

I still believe Gallop suspended him for the sexual assault allegation and used the being drunk as an excuse.

The accusation was he stank of piss
This was from the girl who made up the story (in collusion with her father as far as I remember)

It was later found he wasn't steaming and had drunk some over the course of the afternoon but wasn't close to drunk

mave

Coach
for doing nothing wrong when playing in the NFL :confused:

"doing nothing wrong" has been no barrier to receiving a playing ban in the past.

He has brought the game into disrepute, as history has showed us, purely by the negative media this issue is currently getting, while he is an NRL player.

El Diablo

Post Whore
DSlgHXDUMAErYg3.jpg

El Diablo

Post Whore
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/01/03/parramatta-eels-star-jarryd-hayne-hires-derrick-rose-lawyer/

Parramatta Eels star Jarryd Hayne hires Derrick Rose lawyer
Michael Chammas Chief Reporter
Wed 3 Jan 2018, 03:01 PM
EXCLUSIVE

Parramatta Eels recruit Jarryd Hayne has hired the same US attorney that successfully defended rape accusations made against NBA superstar Derrick Rose in 2016.

Hayne has once again firmly denied the sexual assault allegations filed against him by a woman known as “Ms V” during his time at the San Francisco 49ers.

He fronted the media after his first training session back with the Eels on Wednesday to vehemently deny the claims, later releasing a statement to acknowledge Mark Baute as his US attorney.

The alleged victim in the Rose case sought $21.5 million in damages, however Baute helped convince a federal jury in a civil trial that the NBA 2010-11 MVP and two of his friends had not raped the woman.

“Mr Hayne is innocent and will ask a United States jury to find him innocent,” Baute said in a statement released on Wednesday afternoon.

“There is no objective evidence of any sexual assault in this matter and the lawsuit lacks merit. We do not intend to ‘try this case in the media’ and will refrain from further public comment, other than to say that Mr Hayne and I look forward to the day when a jury can decide he is innocent.”

Hayne also revealed the emotional damage the allegations have had on him and his family, maintaining his innocence in the same statement sent out by his Australian representative, Madison Marcus Law Firm.

“The last week or so have been personally distressing for not only me but my family and friends, as civil proceedings making serious allegations have been publicly aired, and certain media have followed me on a personal pre-planned trip to the other side of the world,” Hayne said in the statement.

“I was not given any notice of these proceedings prior to any media reports. I confirm that I unequivocally and vehemently deny the allegations made against me and I will be vigorously defending the matter. As everyone should understand, I cannot publicly discuss anything relating to this matter as it is now the subject of legal proceedings in the United States.

“I’d like to thank all my family, friends and fans who have both privately and publicly sent messages of support. My request to the media is to provide my family and I respect and privacy at this time.

"I cannot and will not make any further comment regarding this matter until the legal proceedings are concluded.

"I urge you to please respect this request for not only me but my family and teammates. I have the utmost faith in the United States justice system and have left this matter with my legal team.”

Hayne fronted the media on Wednesday afternoon and reiterated he would speak more about the case once it was resolved.

"After the court case is finished, I can and I will," he said.

"I've been thinking about getting back to training, knowing the plays. That's where my head space is at the moment.

"The first couple of weeks is just about getting into shape. Everything else will sort itself out.

"It's good to be home. "

POPEYE

Coach
Would've even been more convincing if Jarryd was the obvious author of the statement, still, guilty until proven otherwise . . . shouldn't change the way he plays the game, wink wink