What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne - Best player in the world

Bman26

Juniors
Without a doubt Hayne is by far the best player in the world. I feel priveleged to see such a freakish talent ply his trade.

In the 30 years I have followed league I can't remember a single player who played such outstanding footy as what Hayne has done this year.

Missed Slater last year? Benji 05? Its all about doing it for a whole year not just the past 8 weeks or so.

Dont get me wrong though he is in fantastic form, but as a melbourne fan i know all to well that it can end as quick as it started (slater last year vs this year)

oldmancraigy

Coach
Missed Slater last year? Benji 05? Its all about doing it for a whole year not just the past 8 weeks or so.

Dont get me wrong though he is in fantastic form, but as a melbourne fan i know all to well that it can end as quick as it started (slater last year vs this year)

You obviously missed Hayne the last couple of years too?
Matty Johns was labelling him as 'the best player in the game next year' back in 2007 when Hayne was playing fullback - his 2008 fullback form was pretty hot too.

The main difference this year is that he seems to have grown into a more dominant role - getting the ball in the spots he wants it and knowing when to use his strength, when to use his speed, when to pass, and when to just run it.

Let's see how he goes next year too, but the Eels are 9 wins, 1 draw and 3 losses in the games Hayne has played at fullback this season. Them's good numbers!

Hayne is a phenomenal player. I can't believe people doubted him before, calling him overrated etc.
He's had a few issues with attitude & indiscipline but it looks like he's shaken it off.

Also great to see Marshall play well. The guy is amazingly talented. Obviously he still has problems with consistency & errors but fair dinkum he has more skill in his right toe than half the players in the NRL.

Bman26

Juniors
You obviously missed Hayne the last couple of years too?
Matty Johns was labelling him as 'the best player in the game next year' back in 2007 when Hayne was playing fullback - his 2008 fullback form was pretty hot too.

The main difference this year is that he seems to have grown into a more dominant role - getting the ball in the spots he wants it and knowing when to use his strength, when to use his speed, when to pass, and when to just run it.

Let's see how he goes next year too, but the Eels are 9 wins, 1 draw and 3 losses in the games Hayne has played at fullback this season. Them's good numbers!

didnt miss him, he just wasnt the dominant player of the year like he has been this year, as i said, its all about doing it for 2+ (probably 5 or so) years before getting uber excited.

Admiral Awesome

Juniors
Whats the myth people keep bring up about Hayne only playing good for 8 weeks?

He's been good since he got into first grade, and now he's evelvated it to great. & lets not forget he's 21.

He's the best player in the world at the moment, if he wants to be an all time great he has to dominate games for years. Goes without saying.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
and people on the Parra forum wanted burt to be fullback over Hayne - thankfully myself, Avenger, Hineyrulz were rewarded with the position move - and we were proven right

Avenger

Immortal
and people on the Parra forum wanted burt to be fullback over Hayne - thankfully myself, Avenger, Hineyrulz were rewarded with the position move - and we were proven right

Mr Anderson knows best. All this talk about him testing the market is bullsh*t. If he stays in League (which he will, seeing he has plenty to achieve) he will always play for the Eels and become our best player since Peter Sterling/Brett Kenny.

Ulysseus

Bench
He's on fire right now and may be for a while, mind you as a Saints supporter I hope the fire dims in 2 weeks time.

BUT as a league supporter, and wanting the game to reach the best level it can, it'd almost be a travesty of justice for him not to be in this years finals series.

Front-Rower

First Grade
[FKN-SIK];5839818 said:
He's a great player but I wouldn't say the best.

Would love to see a replay of Morris chasing him down tonight!

Morris? It was Bryce Gibbs who chased down the best player in the world over the last 6 weeks......:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Admiral Awesome

Juniors
prob becoz he was sucking in the big ones on the 40metre line and ran about 20 metres across field to get him.

The bigger you are the more people are going to try and find fault with you. No player in the game is better than Hayne at the moment. Not even close.

TheRev

First Grade
Lets just hope that he is still performing in 2010 once his contract is signed, I know its a reality of all of us, but I hate how players always find great form when their contracts are due.

Oh and Hayne >>> Boyd for those arguing that, its not even a comparison, atleast as an offensive fullback, I dont watch enough Parra games to know Haynes defensive capabilities.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Lets just hope that he is still performing in 2010 once his contract is signed, I know its a reality of all of us, but I hate how players always find great form when their contracts are due.

Oh and Hayne >>> Boyd for those arguing that, its not even a comparison, atleast as an offensive fullback, I dont watch enough Parra games to know Haynes defensive capabilities.

Needs to be more urgent when there is a loose ball around. Other then that he is one of the best defencive fullbacks I can remember.

Mark Rudd

Juniors
Hayne best player in the world? He'd struggle to make the Storm run on squad.

Maybe if we had a heap of injurys he may get a spot on the bench.

Hayne best player in the world? He'd struggle to make the Storm run on squad.

Maybe if we had a heap of injurys he may get a spot on the bench.

agreed. and while we are at it, why isnt steve turner dally m player of the year!!! what a load of sh*t. pull yout head in NRL!!!

Latest posts