What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Nightingale Retires

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
From 2009-2012 he was pretty much the best winger in the game. Always came up with trys in big matches. Always rated him higher than Morris.

This Year?

Immortal
Well it was only Ben Hornby after all
Don't get us all started again lol.

Flo is one of my all time favourite players. He's never been the fastest or most skillful winger, but what he has been able to achieve in his career is admirable, He is a genuine nice guy of the sport and a great ambassador for Saints and for NZ rugby league.

His 2 tries in the 2010 grand final will always be my greatest memory of him and I'm sure they will be remembered by him as his greatest times in the game,

Thank you for sticking with us for all these years and I hope us Saints fans let him enjoy his last few days and celebrate his career instead of bagging him for having a not so great season.

firechild

First Grade
Among the best dozen or so wingers for a chunk of his career. Had a decent career. Been wondering when he was going to retire, he looks like he's about 40.

Danish

Referee
Thank you for sticking with us for all these years and I hope us Saints fans let him enjoy his last few days and celebrate his career instead of bagging him for having a not so great season.

Mate it’s the dragons.

You’ll probably send him off with a good old fashioned Steve Clark-bucketing

Barkley

Bench
Club legend, champion player, enviable record and a thoroughly nice bloke as well. He's also just guaranteed himself permanent selection for the rest of the year.
Mary has shown some balls and dropped the retiree. Who’d a thought?

Life's Good

Coach
Tonight was our future without Jason Nightingale.
Scary.
It’s funny you say that. I haven’t listened to the press conference(& won’t) but had visions of missionary position Mary telling us with no Nighty, Vaughan & Widdop we were up against it but we’ll get back to our processes in time for another flogging next week.
Hate is a strong word but I seriously dislike him.

Rant over.