What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

Im sorry but No he is a dud he probably would get a gig in England in super league at best maybe in a lower team of course he will never I repeat never be a #7 at an nrl club and play consistantly for a decade or more at half back continually for any nrl team its ludicrously impossible for lachlan ilias it wont happen. He should go back and play union in the centres again where he played before who ever told him to take up rugby league has now got egg all over his face the same as ello for signing him souths need a real recruitment officer asap once again the nrl is beyond ilias..SOS to Wayne bennett by the way thanks for signing wayne you can't get here quick enough our board room need help big time wayne.

I expect dion to shine even with 17 players out watch out for his chip and chase and kicking game im so happy for this kid I been waiting for this for a year to happen.go you good thing.dion has similar skills to gray they both have 1st grade ability unlike lachlan ilias go back to West tigers lachy benji is waiting to put you in second grade where you have always belonged silly ello.

Thumper

Juniors
I expect dion to shine even with 17 players out watch out for his chip and chase and kicking game im so happy for this kid I been waiting for this for a year to happen.go you good thing.dion has similar skills to gray they both have 1st grade ability unlike lachlan ilias go back to West tigers lachy benji is waiting to put you in second grade where you have always belonged silly ello.
Remember you have Only seen him play once.

speedster

Juniors
I would rather pongas understudy who is 22 and has been great,fuller is 27 good player but for how long
Already the age thing? What about his looks? I expected the height thing too but really, he's a talent and at 27, he's ripe not green like the Armstrong kid who has shown some good signs but need to see more in my opinion. Fuller is too good to be stuck in Cup.

speedster

Juniors
We should seriously be looking at Nat Butcher or Siua Wong clubs need to punish the roosters for going big on David Fifita they're both good players.

I don't know his contract status but I'd also love to have a look at a workhorse in the middle like Jaimin Jolliffe for the titans.
Those guys are all tied up long term unfortunately unless their clubs agree to cut them loose.

speedster

Juniors
Crichton may want to leave the Roosters now they have added Fifita. Nat Butcher has made one edge his own for a while now so if Angus wants to get regular game time, and he is an 80 minute player with a very high work rate, then he could well consider jumping ship even if the Roosters say they want to keep him. They need new backs, an elite half and probably another prop. So they go and get another edge backrower where they are not short on options. Okay, Fifita is a gun but still, the Roosters have not recruited to fill the gaps in their roster as yet.

I'm sure they will but they could and should lose Angus.

speedster

Juniors
We need middles obviously. Looking at the database of players available for next season, who's out there? Josh Papali'i has a mutual option for 2025 at the Raiders which means clubs can negotiate with him and to me, things look to have gone quite stale for him there under Ricky. He's still only 32 and a change of scenery may be just what he needs to get back to his best for a couple more seasons. If we could get Jack to have a whisper in his ear and Souths were prepared to offer him the decent coin he deserves, he could be a pretty decent replacements for Tom in our roster.

What other middles are available that wouldn't make me throw up in my mouth? Trey Mooney, Chris Patolo, Jack Williams, Jarrod Wallace, Josh Kerr (for 2026 who might be able to get an early release if signed after Nov 1?), Ray Stone, Nathan Brown, Matt Croker, Jordan McClean, Thomas Mikaele, Makaheshi Makatoa, Ofahiki Ogden, Tom Eisenhuth, Jazz Tevaga.

Euan Aitken is an edge player as yet not re-signed by the Dolphins and they've just bought that edge player from the Cowboys so another option.

Caleb Clarke from the All Blacks has been mentioned as a possibility for next season also for the outside backs..

We should seriously be looking at Nat Butcher or Siua Wong clubs need to punish the roosters for going big on David Fifita they're both good players.

I don't know his contract status but I'd also love to have a look at a workhorse in the middle like Jaimin Jolliffe for the titans.

Unless the Roosters release them, neither are going anywhere. Wong is under contract until the end of 2026, and Butcher until the end of 2027.

Crichton is off contact at the end of this season.

Robbie 12

Juniors
Well apparently Amone is killing it in the super league at the moment and would be one of the easiest players to make the transition back from England to Australia…

Latest posts