What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Smith charged cocaine trafficking

David brown

Juniors
wrong gear, his crutch of choice was MDMA. Sometimes used to treat PTS and depression. The mind boggles how good he could have been if he didnt get on the beans after a game.
Exactly, Andrew Johns was not that much of a dumb merkin to spend his money on shit Cut coke that last 15 mins a hit. If It's free though, yo..

Broncoandy

Juniors
Wow, just read this from the first page. I can’t believe a person with a username “I Bleed Maroon” didn’t know who Jason Smith was.

El Diablo

Post Whore
https://www.couriermail.com.au/news...s/news-story/979eac72138e37df44be4e7fcd2f2b2d

Former Gold Coast Titan, Brisbane Bronco Steve Michaels pleads guilty to drug charges

Greg Stolz, The Courier-Mail
December 17, 2018 4:53pm

A JUDGE who attended the funeral of a young drug addict today has slammed former Gold Coast Titans and Brisbane Broncos star Steve Michaels after he pleaded guilty to supplying and possessing cocaine.

Michaels, 31, escaped with community service but not before receiving a severe dressing down from Judge David Kent QC.

Michaels, 31, was one of several high-profile Titans caught up in a Crime and Corruption Commission cocaine trafficking sting that also snared code-hopping star Karmichael Hunt.

Michaels was arrested by police after returning from a rugby league playing stint in the UK in November last year.

He was committed for trial in May but pleaded guilty in Southport District Court today to three counts of supplying cocaine and five counts of possessing the drug.

The court was told Michaels bought thousands of dollars worth of cocaine from now-convicted drug trafficker John Touma eight times between August and October 2014.

He used text messages to Touma including one that read ‘the boys are chasing some wine - any chance?’

He arranged to get 11.5 grams of cocaine from Touma for friends including a person named ‘Karmichael’ and about the same amount of drug for his own use, the court was told.

Crown prosecutor Gary Churchill told the court that while there was ‘no commercial element’ to Michaels’ offending, it involved ‘quite significant recreational use’.

Defence barrister Jeff Hunter QC said Michaels’ father had died of cancer in 2014 and he was ‘not enjoying his football’.

Mr Hunter said there was also a ‘culture’ of cocaine use among Michaels’ peers.

He said Michaels had no criminal record and was now working as a mature age apprentice plumber, earning less than $45,000 a year compared with his $150,000 pay packet as a professional footballer.

Judge Kent said Michaels had committed ‘serious criminal conduct’ which had a maximum penalty of 20 years’ jail.

“I attended the funeral of a young girl this morning who had a drug problem,” the judge said.

“I hope you realise the seriousness of all of this. Mr Michaels, it must not be repeated.

“You clearly have a positive side to your nature and you really need to put this behind you, as it appears you have.”

Judge Kent sentenced Michaels to 200 hours community service and did not record a conviction.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Judge Kent sentenced Michaels to 200 hours community service and did not record a conviction

Wow the judge must have been really moved by the funeral!

King hit

Coach
@El Diablo and everyone else

An uncle of mine in a maroon polo just showed up at the Christmas party. This is in Toowoomba and he has been in his pub and has spent some time with him. I just showed him ibm’s golden gem and he was just laughing like crazy.

This christmas just gets even better

King hit

Coach
I’ve started reading JT’s autobiography and I’ve just finished chapter 6. Thurston mentions that a manager was looking to sign him. The manager had astounding clients such as Queensland legends Adrian Lam and JASON SMITH

But those who bleed Maroon have never heard of the f**ker