What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JDB New Skipper ??

dungay dragon

Juniors
With Ben Hunt wanting out of the Club immediately , the next contentious point for the Club will be the appointment of a New Club Captain
Even in the unlikely event of Hunt being enticed to stay , the Captaincy should be taken away from him asap
Looking long term there are only 3 candidates worthy of consideration....JDB , Lawrie or Lomax
While some will jump up and down over past indescretions , thinking JDB is now the logical choice
He is a leader amongst the group , well liked and is arguably our best player
He appears to be now continually over looked for Rep Duties , so barring injuries , will be available for the entire season
Should be announced prior to our next game against the Warriors

Slippery Morris

First Grade
With Flanno in charge, I won't be suprised if Bird is captain next year that is if Hunt is not there. Flanno thinks highly of Bird with all the stuff he did at the Sharks. Flanno will get the best out of Bird.

As for next week, JDB has been there before. If Hunt is on the outer then JDB deserves another crack.

_Johnsy

Referee
JDB
tracy morgan no GIF

Dea

Juniors
Does Liddle have leadership skills? Maybe captaincy would help Lomax change some of his dumb behaviour on the field? Lawrie is a nice guy but not on the field for long enough

Victoire

Juniors
For what it's worth I like Blake Lawrie for the gig. He's 26 now, played 100+ games, he seems to have the respect and admiration of the playing group and his contribution to the team is vastly underrated. Good little mention of his work on the RL Writers page last week, worth checking out:

Also worth hearing him in this video the club posted about the junior academy. He's obviously passionate about the joint and takes the job of being a leader seriously

blacksafake

First Grade
My only issue with Lawrie being captain is the minutes he plays. I don’t believe giving the job full time to JDB is what the club needs. For me it’s Lomax or Su’a or are we desperate enough for Mbye to play 6 & captain for the rest of the season. 🤷🏼‍♂️

dungay dragon

Juniors
My only issue with Lawrie being captain is the minutes he plays. I don’t believe giving the job full time to JDB is what the club needs. For me it’s Lomax or Su’a or are we desperate enough for Mbye to play 6 & captain for the rest of the season. 🤷🏼‍♂️
As long as they have the gift of the Gab
everyone thought Frizz was going to be a good skipper , but he couldnt converse with the Ref

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
Needs to be someone who plays 80 mins. Perhaps for this year the leadership could propel Lomax to the next level… he has stalled at present. Hopefully we can bring in a leader with the hunt money.. someone we can build the club around for the next 3 years under Flanno

Latest posts