What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jersey Flegg - Fixtures, Teams and Results

girvie

Staff member
These are the fixtures for the first round of the Jersey Flegg.

Saturday 11th March
Tigers vs. Sharks at Leichhardt Oval at 1.00pm
Knights vs. Eels at Energy Australia Stadium at 1.50pm
Magpies vs. Dragons at Campbelltown Stadium at 3.00pm
Sea Eagles vs. Raiders at Brookvale Oval at 3.45pm

Sunday 12th March
Rabbitohs vs. Roosters at Telstra Stadium at 11.00am
Bulldogs vs. Panthers at Belmore Oval at 1.00pm
Bears vs. Rip at TG Milner Field at 3.00pm

brook

First Grade
The Balmain side will be

1 Ben Jeffrey
2 Matt Ryan
3 Robert Chauvet
4 Keith Eshman (c)
5 Chance Bunce
6 Dean Caldwell
7 Mark Russell
8 Ewen Cameron
9 Rangi Chase
10 Sam Moa
11 Rod Griffen
12 Mitchell Stanfield
13 Jarred Farlow
Interchange
14 Corey Kinsella
15 Mafoa Filipi
16 Brendan Rawlins
17 Dean Jamieson
18 Gavin Cowen

Interesting that Eshman has been named captain, I would have assumed it would go to Caldwell but that could be a sign that Dean wont be spending all that much time in flegg this year. Matt Ryan has earned himself a promotion while SG Ball have the bye, for Balls sake I hope he's sent back to them next week 'cause by all accounts he's on fire this year.

brook

First Grade
richies said:
chance bunce is a speedster was from the dogs

Do you know anything more about him? Its a pretty speedy backline, I don't know about Robert Chauvet but of the others the slowest player there would probably be Matty Ryan and he's not slow by any means :D

brook

First Grade
richies said:
is rangi chase off contract this year as i hear he is a good hooker?
cheers richie

I think he may be, its this year or the end of next year I'm not 100% sure

He's a very good hooker, still learning the position and he's prone to brain explosions but he's still young and he's got plenty of time. He'll be a first grader eventually although its becoming more and more unlikely it'll be for the tigers.

L NUTTER

Juniors
brook said:
Do you know anything more about him? Its a pretty speedy backline, I don't know about Robert Chauvet but of the others the slowest player there would probably be Matty Ryan and he's not slow by any means :D

he comes from good stock that lad
his father was a double international rugby union player
ALL BLACK...Frank Bunce

Hurriflatch

Referee
Jersey Flegg vs Newcastle
@ Energy Aust. Stadium on
Sat 11 March at 1:50pm
1 – Simon MICALLEF
2 – KJ McKENZIE
3 – Ben FARRAR
4 – David WILLIAMS
5 – Iwi HAURAKI
6 – Blake GREEN
7 – Kris KEATING
8 – Broderick WRIGHT
9 – Ray NASSO
10 – Justin WOOD
11 – David CAHALANE
12 – Trent WAICOKACOLA
13 – Kurt SORENSEN

14 – Jonathan TAVINOR
15 – Chris LAW
16 – Josh DAVIS
17 – Duan POANEKI
18 – James BOUSTANI
19 – Mark HENDY
20 – Sarkis DAHER
21 – Tim MANNAH

Coach – Troy Pezet

L NUTTER

Juniors
onya hurri thanks for posting up flegg mate
been waiting to see the side
ive got added interest with that side

nice work tavinor and iwi
both players if giving the opportunites will not hesitate to take them
good to see iwi doing well
was wayward as a young bloke
as you do when your young
local lads from my old rural neighbourhood

good to see duane there
he was really tradesmen like
when in his junior grades back here
tireless worker

josh wouldnt be happy iwi getting start and him not
come on lad lose the attitude and the rest will take care of itself
interesting though of late he seems to be on wing

to me he was at his best as centre
he made a certain young bloke for the warriors
whos getting talked up a bit
look like a door mat
as well as 2 certain winners for us warriors
one who has gone on to international status
and one in my opinion whos been talked up
could be the kids from the warriors attitude are right
and josh's just isnt

but in josh defence
what ive witness of him through the junior grades
off the feild
his nature was not like that
pity kids got potential.....but not the ticker to want it
hopefully im wrong???

Hurriflatch

Referee
Mine would probably be about the same

Tavinor might end up starting the game

It looks like Delaney is out of the Reggies side which would see Green push up to cover him and either Law or Tavinor covering Green's spot in Flegg

L NUTTER

Juniors
nice one hurri....mate
the most we got back here at home seeing him in flegg
was the fateful grand final
on the bench

girvie

Staff member
yappy said:
[/b]

There's your first mistake right there.
The Dragons are Premiers and Wests have lost most of their best players to Premier League.

yappy

Bench
How many of last years team are backing up? And I don't know about losing our best players. We'll smoke em.

(I hope)

brook

First Grade
Balmain Jersey Flegg defeated Cronulla 28-6 in a strong display at Leichhardt Oval this afternoon.

The opening minutes of the match saw both teams struggle to get on top of each other while committing the sort of silly errors you would expect this early in the season. Balmain were the first to cross the line in the 18th minute when halfback Mark Russell stepped past the Cronulla defence and darted over to score before his try was converted by fullback Ben Jeffrey.

Cronulla leveled the scores one minute from halftime when Tu’u Maori dived on a kick to score out wide, his try was converted from the sideline by Quincy To’o.

Shortly after half-time Balmain were boosted by the return to the field of their starting front row - props Moa and Cameron and hooker Rangi Chase. It wasn’t long before these players started to make a real impact and in the 50th minute a barnstorming run from Moa saw Chase get the ball from dummy half, step past the marker before kicking and chasing to score out wide. Jeffrey converted from the sideline giving Balmain a 12-6 lead. Chase scored again just five minutes later when he stepped past the Cronulla defence and dived over the try line and Jeffery again converted from out wide.

Minutes later winger Chance Bunce scored after 5/8th Dean Caldwell chipped the ball over the first line of defence and Jeffrey collected on the first bounce and ran 25m before passing to Bunce. Jeffrey then converted to bring the scores to 28-6

Balmain topped off a terrific effort with a beautiful individual try right on fulltime when Bunce collected the ball from a kick about 60m out and beat several defenders to run across field and eventually score in the opposite corner. Jeffrey missed the final conversion and the tigers ran out with a much deserved 28-6 win.

Best for Balmain were prop Sam Moa, Hooker Rangi Chase and Fullback Ben Jeffrey while Ewen Cameron, Backrower Mitch Stanfield and winger Bunce were also strong. While Cronulla halfback Quincy To’o and hooker Craig Priestly both looked good in a Sharks team that still appeared dangerous despite the score against them.