What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Johnathan Thurston charged with public drunkenness

Gee_Up

Juniors
[furrycat] said:
Which is why Sargent got sent down to Newcastle.

Fits in well with the culturE.

You should check the form of some current players far north of the border when they are out on the town who apparently live by the motto "Ian Hard". They also have a weakness for extra large studded ear rings..

But hey- let's bag other areas.

[furrycat]

Coach
Gee_Up said:
I forgot- it's the Police Officers fault..

How did you deduce that?

I'm saying its a minor offence, and always has been. Its not the offence you're making it out to be.

[furrycat]

Coach
Gee_Up said:
You should check the form of some current players far north of the border when they are out on the town who apparently live by the motto "Ian Hard". They also have a weakness for extra large studded ear rings..

But hey- let's bag other areas.

I think you need to stop creating rumours of illicit drug taking unless you can back it up with a credible source.

For someone with the name Gee Up you think you'd not be so precious/tightarsed.

Gee_Up said:
Gallop puts his fingers in his ears singing "lalalalalalalalalala not listening lalalalalalalala"

If it were nothing the cops wouldn't have charged him. As usual information is not forthcoming from clubs on their players "incidents" and the public get the watered down version.

yeah becuase there are no power hungry cops with bugs up their a*s are there?:sarcasm:

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Brutus said:
Rubbish. They can arrest/detain you for falling asleep drunk.

Same thing happen to me and the next day I was let off with 10cents bail.

A nothing story.

you're a bad role model too :fist: you should be sacked or detained..or soemthing...

p.s. did you get your 10c back or did you skip on your bail?:lol: :lol:

Johnny Bravo

Juniors
sooperdooper said:
yet if this were tim smith he would be blasted by everyone....
Nothing story, nothing incident! much like Tims
Except that Tim's had numerous drinking bans imposed upon him and yet he continued get blind in public.

Thurston is no angel by any means, but in Smith's case, if you've got a $200,000+ contract riding on you not drinking, it's probably not a smart idea to be seen in public drunk.

MattJ

Juniors
The scrutiny on players in there daily lives within the public has been at a ridiculous level for quite a while now, but if this is all there is to this story, and the club are actually considering givring Thurston a fine, for being intoxicated at his own home, during an evening of the off season and accidently locking himself out of his house, then things have gone far beyond a joke.
Who hasnt been in a similar situation before? Players cant fart in public without being reprimanded these days.

Gee_Up

Juniors
[furrycat] said:
I think you need to stop creating rumours of illicit drug taking unless you can back it up with a credible source.

For someone with the name Gee Up you think you'd not be so precious/tightarsed.

Rumours? Get your head out of your arse. Go to a nightclub that footy players frequent and you'll see the lines to the drinks are the biggest.

My credible source? Me. I've seen it with my own eyes.

[furrycat]

Coach
Gee_Up said:
Rumours? Get your head out of your arse. Go to a nightclub that footy players frequent and you'll see the lines to the drinks are the biggest.

My credible source? Me. I've seen it with my own eyes.

That ain't a source.

So don't go around naming players- its nto a crime they are drinking.

Dutchy

Immortal
:lol: poor bastard

I tried unlocking me neighbours door with my keys after a huuuge Australia Day..lucky the cops didnt see me...be you I wouldnt make the paper of they did

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Does this charge still exist with the number of drunk tossbags that wander the streets now?

I couldn't get into my house after last years Grand Final and I had the key! Cripes those locks can be tricky when you've had a skin full. Worst part is, my girlfriend was on the other side of the door laughing her arse off at me. You'd think it would have stopped being funny after 15 or 20 minutes, but No, she still laughs about it now.

This story is crap. I could have been arrested for public drunkeness 100 times and I only drink on special occasions. I remember going to Parra leagues one night and leaving after my mates. I decided to walk back to his place in Greystanes for god only knows what reason and next thing I knew, it was the middle of the following morning, I was in someones front garden laying between a Garden gnome and a fountain and the old lady that owned the place had turned the hose on me. These are only a few occasions and I'm sure that like me, 90% of the people that post here would have similar stories after a bender.

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: well in Thurty!

I can relate to that big time, once went out without my keys, didnt want to wake anyone at home up and thought it was a much better idea to sleep on the grass... my old man was pissing himself laughing when he found me near his car the next morning

parra pete

Referee
One time I locked myself out of my house..and the cat was the only thing inside...
I banged on the door, the cat looked up from its sleep..
I yelled at it to open the door, to which it replied "Me? How?"

ucantseeme

Juniors
So I'm guessing the front page headline for tomorrows Telegraph will be the usual "DRUNKEN RAMPAGE" league story accompanied by a story on the success of soccer in league heartlands with a team in Townsville as a result of JT's behaviour. If it's a slow news day they'll throw in the ever popular "Barry Hall loves his mum" full page article as the standard AFL propaganda piece.

Latest posts