What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jordan McLean

Alex28

Coach
It's all a bit debatable Yoshi - he is off contract at the end of the year and was negotiating a new contract. Obviously there is insurance but not sure what happens after this year...

Noname36

First Grade
That's probably what I would have given him. That's probably the bare minimum of what they could have given him after they set a precedent with Snowden. If they didn't punish him after that it'd be saying that thy didn't take the injury to Alex as seriously as they took the NQ player's broken jaw.

Daren

Juniors
The league council was asking for the sentence to be between 7 and 11 weeks, after taking only 10 minutes to find him guilty

TheFrog

Coach
Is there any system in place where the nrl or the club are legally obliged to take care of Alex in any way?

John Farragher still works on the door at Panthers after sustaining a similar injury playing for the club in 1978. This injury could not be attributed to any breach in the rules, and certainly the club were not legally obliged to employ him, certainly not for life (John is in his mid-late 50s now).

So there is a precedent as to what his club could do to help him, but of course McKinnon might well be entitled to seek redress which might complicate matters.

Jono078

Referee
If he pleaded guilty what would he have gotten? 4-5 weeks?

I don't like 7 weeks mostly for the fact that Snowden got 6 for standing his ground and someone breaking his jaw when running into him.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I thought they would have gone a little heavier than that.
I agree. The argument of " punish the act and not the outcome" is just plain stupid and a claim made by morons who havent thought this through very well.:crazy:

If I fire a gun at you and miss you altogether I might get off with nothing , however if I fire a gun and hit you in the head and kill you Im going to be done for murder.

The tackle was illegal and a young boy is looking down the barrel of a wheel chair. Jorden McLean can count himself very very lucky he is playing the game at all this year.

If Melbourne appeal this then the next game we play against them will be a war if it wasn't already. Cam Smith's dispute of the penalty was enough fuel on the fire.

Knight Vision

First Grade
If Melbourne appeal this then the next game we play against them will be a war if it wasn't already. Cam Smith's dispute of the penalty was enough fuel on the fire.
Smiths vile rant with Alex lying on the ground as well as us knocking them out of the finals last year has set the scene no doubt.

Swarzey

Bench
Has he even apologised? I somewhat understand his intentions, he had no idea how much worse it was and really, we all weren't expecting it to be that bad, but since then, all he's had is his teammates defend him.

Makes me quite sick how someone like Smith can say whatever he want and cop zero professional backlash.

TheFrog

Coach
If he pleaded guilty what would he have gotten? 4-5 weeks?

I don't like 7 weeks mostly for the fact that Snowden got 6 for standing his ground and someone breaking his jaw when running into him.

1. Snowden can be clearly seen lifting his shoulder just when the ball carrier arrived.

2 Snowden would have had a loading and carryover points for his previous suspension, for kneeing a bloke in the face, just a few weeks before.

I hope this player has learnt his lesson over the off season because he's a talented forward.

Rod

Bench

Judging by this latest press release from the club you may well be right.

macavity

Referee
1. Snowden can be clearly seen lifting his shoulder just when the ball carrier arrived.

2 Snowden would have had a loading and carryover points for his previous suspension, for kneeing a bloke in the face, just a few weeks before.

I hope this player has learnt his lesson over the off season because he's a talented forward.

Your point 1 is made up.

Latest posts